Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Forum Pruning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dump music, gear any posts are spam now, politics and religion, iron mag are the even a sponsor anymore? Plus prohormones aren't even available any more

Comment

Originally posted by Jen THE Admin View Post
      With the obvious forums No Bull & Training being the ones used most often.

Do any of you have any objection to getting rid of additional forums?
      And if so, which ones.
      I think it's a good idea. I restrict myself to 'No Bull' anyway, might take a look at 'Training', but besides that I think it's good to archive the dormant forums.
      A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
      mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by Donflex View Post
        Have the developers actually been on the forum? You shouldn't let threads exceed 250 to 300 pages otherwise it starts to create issues.

When you have threads like daily pump pics sitting on the front page at 13950 pages it's obvious why it's top heavy. It needs to be archived and a new daily pump pics part II thread created to replace it. If that reaches 300 pages archive it and create part III. Same for any other thread reaching 300 pages.
        Don't has a point here.
        A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
        mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

• Jen THE Admin
          Jen THE Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          And I answered it. Don had a very good point.

Okay, so I took all of your suggestions and I'd like to thank you all for your help.
        I spent nearly my entire day running an audit, and I have a phone call tomorrow morning.

We've already gotten rid of several forums. There are still some that people use and have activity in so I'm not taking those down yet.
        If those forums start showing signs of decay, I will start eliminating them. The forums that I have removed have not been used for 2 years or more.
        There were quite a few. I'm also going to start restricting threads to 250 - 400 pages each while fast-archiving the data.
        This will not go into effect for at least a week or two.

Let me know if you have any concerns that you want me to bring to my phone call tomorrow and I will discuss it.

Webmaster, MD
        http://www.musculardevelopment.com

Comment

Lots of great suggestions...
          I have some questions related to tuning for performance and memory caching.
          That kind of thing though is out of my moderator level of engagement on the board.

My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Buadain View Post
            Lots of great suggestions...
            I have some questions related to tuning for performance and memory caching.
            That kind of thing though is out of my moderator level of engagement on the board.
            It's funny you said that. I had the phone, or rather, the "text." I brought up fast archiving for two areas. Past Contests forum and the Daily Pump Pics thread.
            So those two will be archived. Once they are a new therad will be created for Daily Pump Pics. The rest where there is little or no activity will be deleted.
            The maximum amount of pages per thread will be 500 pages and then it will be archived.

No Bull & Training will be left alone.
            Webmaster, MD

Comment

I only frequent “ no Bull” but thx for all your hard work Jen!
              http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post
                I only frequent “ no Bull” but thx for all your hard work Jen!
                You're very welcome, Michael, and thank you for your compliment.
                Webmaster, MD

Comment

Working...
                X