Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Over the next week, the forum will be gong through a series of upgrades. From time to time, the forum may be down during the day for a few hours. This is to correct the amount of outages that currently happen on a regular basis to the size of the forum's database and it will also give the forum much needed bandwidth to run properly. We are also pruning any threads more than a year old with one or two replies in them.
If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly.
Thanks for understanding.

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Dex new pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

It has always been that way with more affordable and accessible divisions. That's why you don't have anyone winning 5 Arnold or Olympia titles in figure, bikini, MPD. Cydney case in figure is an anomaly.

As divisions are accessible, more people compete and there is more need to renew new faces every year from the industry that has fresh meat in the pantry. Let's say they are throwaway athletes / models. And they probably know it and accept this role, they are not for the passion to create a legacy in the sport, but for commercial aspects.

On the opposite side you have female bodybuilding, with athletes competing for 20 years or more, such as Yaxeny, Rita Bello or Iris.
    You have some interesting ideas here, but I disagree.

The origins of bikini , MPD, etc was to get more paid entrants in big NPC ( amateur) contests.
    Offering an officials IFBB pro card was the ultimate incentive .

This resulted in national shows growing from 150-200 bodybuilders to 800-1000 total competitors , ( 80 % NON-bodybuilder).
    The promoters love it, but their isn't much of a devoted fan base for pro bikini, figure or MPD (* compared to bodybuilders) .

From what I've heard, many pro bikini girls quickly get discouraged by competing in "relative obscurity".
    The life of a competitive bikini pro wasn't what they hoped for.
    The real attention is on social media and IG.

Very few bikini , figure or (male) MPD pros get much money or fans from competing.
    Since competing is a low reward path, most resort to social media fueled fitness industry sale and services.

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

It has always been that way with more affordable and accessible divisions. That's why you don't have anyone winning 5 Arnold or Olympia titles in figure, bikini, MPD. Cydney case in figure is an anomaly.

As divisions are accessible, more people compete and there is more need to renew new faces every year from the industry that has fresh meat in the pantry. Let's say they are throwaway athletes / models. And they probably know it and accept this role, they are not for the passion to create a legacy in the sport, but for commercial aspects.

On the opposite side you have female bodybuilding, with athletes competing for 20 years or more, such as Yaxeny, Rita Bello or Iris.
      You have some interesting ideas here, but I disagree.

The origins of bikini , MPD, etc was to get more paid entrants in big NPC ( amateur) contests.
      Offering an officials IFBB pro card was the ultimate incentive .

This resulted in national shows growing from 150-200 bodybuilders to 800-1000 total competitors , ( 80 % NON-bodybuilder).
      The promoters love it, but their isn't much of a devoted fan base for pro bikini, figure or MPD (* compared to bodybuilders) .

Most pro bikini girls quickly get discouraged by competing in "relative obscurity".

Since competing is a low reward path, most resort to social media fueled fitness industry sales and services.

Comment

Most fans have no idea that maintaining all that extreme muscle mass is a JOB - it takes a lot of training, a ton of food, and plenty of drugs that can and do shorten lives. I love this analogy:

If you retired from your job and would not be paid one more penny for doing it, would you still keep showing up every day and put in 8 hours of work?
        Muscular Development Online Editor
        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          From what I've heard, many pro bikini girls quickly get discouraged by competing in "relative obscurity".

Very few bikini , figure or (male) MPD pros get much money or fans from competing.
          Since competing is a low reward path, most resort to social media fueled fitness industry sale and services.
          That is a point of view that I did not know and had not considered. Certainly the prizes for competing are not appetizing, so it makes sense not to compete in many pro shows unless you have a big sponsor or are big on social media selling products and services.

But again, these athletes do not have the same passion and dedication as bodybuilders, so they have less incentive to have long sports careers.
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Bingo! If the NPC didn't offer so many pro cards for bikini, figure , etc most wouldn't bother to compete , period.
            I don't know if we bodybuilders are dumb or just love the sport, but we'd compete for nothing but the title and chance to beat the other guys.

Comment

I know and I appreciate the "positive vibe" of your post on a lighter Dex doing classic.

You might remember that Darrem Charles tried this and he wasn't that great at his classic wt.
              Most pros won't look anything close to their best , at the lighter ht/wt standards in classic.
              well i give u that, and now Dex is just chilin' and livin' his life well and yet still hits the gym, but not as hard
              MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Bodybuilders are not stupid, they only compete for passion and spend money, the other athletes hope to make a profit for less investment.

Comment

Bodybuilders are not stupid, they only compete for passion and spend money, the other athletes hope to make a profit for less investment.
                  A credible report came out a few years ago , saying that 80% of NFL and NBA pros declared bankruptcy within 2 yrs after retirement.
                  Since they make a lot more then IFBB pros, it's obvious to me , pissing away $$ is common with numerous pro athletes.

Comment

A credible report came out a few years ago , saying that 80% of NFL and NBA pros declared bankruptcy within 2 yrs after retirement.
                    Since they make a lot more then IFBB pros, it's obvious to me , pissing away $$ is common with numerous pro athletes.
                    It's even worse with lottery winners - most of us simply have no idea how to manage money and make it grow. We would just piss right through a million, or 300 million.
                    Muscular Development Online Editor
                    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

One of the reasons, or basically the main reason why athletes go bankrupt is because they get tricked by advisers into growing their money more and investing it in stupid projects instead of leaving it in the bank. "Greed breaks the sack", that saying should be brought to light more often.

Comment

One of the reasons, or basically the main reason why athletes go bankrupt is because they get tricked by advisers into growing their money more and investing it in stupid projects instead of leaving it in the bank. "Greed breaks the sack", that saying should be brought to light more often.
                        The talked into dumb "investments" is one big part of the problem.
                        THAT and the misguided belief they'd make their pro level salaries for at least 15-20 years.
                        The avg NFL career is around 2.5 seasons. Very few are top players like Tom Brady or LeBraun James .

Considering the NFL minimum is $660,000 and the NBA is around $840,000, some must be pissing away cash on dumb stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                          Most fans have no idea that maintaining all that extreme muscle mass is a JOB - it takes a lot of training, a ton of food, and plenty of drugs that can and do shorten lives. I love this analogy:

If you retired from your job and would not be paid one more penny for doing it, would you still keep showing up every day and put in 8 hours of work?
                          LOL, I did recently retire and trust me I didn't try to go back to my old physics class again LOL
                          I suspect the students were relieved that never happened , but I digress.

Looking at this from another related angle , what do MOST former pros do after they retire from contests?
                          I'm talking about the typical pro BB or bikini pro that never made top 5 at the Olympia .
                          I assume most would move on to a new career/job , but I see a lot of 'em on social media trying to "hang on" to fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

It's even worse with lottery winners - most of us simply have no idea how to manage money and make it grow. We would just piss right through a million, or 300 million.
                            I used to watch a regular show called ; " How the lottery changed my life"
                            I was always amazed at how very few moved or did much different and pissed away a ton of cash fast on dumb shit.

My dad was a kid during the great depression of the 1930's and raised me to be careful with my money.
                            Plus,, my wife is a f'n banker who works in "leasing and capitol". She's REALLY good with investments and budgets, etc

She jokes that I'm more effective as a "silent partner" when dealing with our rental properties.
                            LOL, of course , I do get recruited to move furniture when needed.
                            She says; "I'll do the thinking and you do the heavy lifting "

Comment

The talked into dumb "investments" is one big part of the problem.
                              THAT and the misguided belief they'd make their pro level salaries for at least 15-20 years.
                              The avg NFL career is around 2.5 seasons. Very few are top players like Tom Brady or LeBraun James .

Considering the NFL minimum is $660,000 and the NBA is around $840,000, some must be pissing away cash on dumb stuff.
                              That is more money than a common person earns in their entire life, so, rationally, there is no reason to go bankrupt ... but, the more money you have, the more you tend to spend. Also appear tons of "friends" and relatives asking for money.

And when you are young you have whims like parties, cocaine and women, and in those environments sharks and vultures appear around you that will say pleasant things to your ear until they empty your pocket.

There is a documentary about this problem titled "30 for 30: Broke". It's by Billy Corben, the same director of Screwball (about the Alex Rodriguez-related MLB steroid scandal) and Cocaine Cowboys, epic documentaries about coke culture in Miami in the 70s and 80s.

Now, let's put this matter aside and get back to talking about bodybuilding and contests.
                              Last edited by Beti ona; May 6, 2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

He is just enjoying life. He put his time in and made his money. No need to be big for nothing
                                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Working...
                                X