Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What do most PRO : (bikini , MPD , WPD and most bodybuilders ) do, to make a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do most PRO : (bikini , MPD , WPD and most bodybuilders ) do, to make a living?

I've been around the contest scene for years and this topic tends to be avoided.
    The IFBB has no annual contracts , like major pro sports, so how do they make a living?
    Is there that much money in hawking supps or personal training sessions?

Plus, what happens when IFBB pros retire from competing?
    Even top tier bodybuilders don't get a retirement package or pension from the IFBB.

What about health Ins?

For decades , I've heard so many gym bros and babes going for the coveted IFBB pro card.
    BUT, unlike most sports, going pro in the IFBB doesn't seem very lucrative for most who make it.

What am I missing?

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

maybe they just have a regular job?
    I mean bodybuilding or w/e doesn't take up your entire day.

Comment

maybe they just have a regular job?
      I mean bodybuilding or w/e doesn't take up your entire day.

Comment

sorry for double posts btw, but the forums are extremely slow and unresponsive at times.

Comment

Originally posted by kanon View Post
          sorry for double posts btw, but the forums are extremely slow and unresponsive at times.
          No biggy as the same thing happened to me a few times.

Last edited by Howard; May 5, 2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I would swear that a few months ago you started an identical thread with the same concerns.

I really do not understand how there are so many people who can profit by selling supplements or prep/diet advice, almost every competitor or Insta model are in the same business, there seems to be a lot of supply, but the demand is also so high?

Everyone is doing great and they only have limited places available to accept new clients, seriously? LOL
            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
              I would swear that a few months ago you started an identical thread with the same concerns.

I really do not understand how there are so many people who can profit by selling supplements or prep/diet advice, almost every competitor or Insta model are in the same business, there seems to be a lot of supply, but the demand is also so high?

Everyone is doing great and they only have limited places available to accept new clients, seriously? LOL
              I likely posted a similar thread in the recent past.
              I reposted it because most replies laughed it off .

As a long time fan of the sport, I don't want to embarrass any pro , in any division.
              We don't need to "out" any individual pro or pass judgement. I just want some basic honesty about the situation.

Perhaps the real truth , is about being "piss broke " , struggling to get by and compete.
              THAT reality doesn't promote the pro lifestyle myth, the contest industry thrives on.

Comment

Dude do you understand instagram? Kylie Jenner makes close to 500mil on ig endorsements. The more followers the higher the endorsement rate.

Bikini girls and mpd guys have a wide fan base. Look at the companies they rep Gym Shark. Gym Shark sells more yoga pants to non competitors or men's attire to regular dudes who go to the gym. Bumstead is making killing Ryan Terry MPD is making a killing. Ashley k does EXTREMELY well they post everyday and interact with fans. DLB made more money off of non competitors. It's a new world I know amateur bikini chicks doing well

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
                  Dude do you understand instagram? Kylie Jenner makes close to 500mil on ig endorsements. The more followers the higher the endorsement rate.

Bikini girls and mpd guys have a wide fan base. Look at the companies they rep Gym Shark. Gym Shark sells more yoga pants to non competitors or men's attire to regular dudes who go to the gym. Bumstead is making killing Ryan Terry MPD is making a killing. Ashley k does EXTREMELY well they post everyday and interact with fans. DLB made more money off of non competitors. It's a new world I know amateur bikini chicks doing well

I think we both know that 90% of bikini pros aren't making serious $$ , modeling Gym Shark yoga pants on IG .

It's obvious the sport doesn't pay the bills for most pros. THAT's my real concern here.

Last edited by Howard; May 5, 2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I do not understand the meaning of this thread.

I think I said it the other time, the money on many occasions comes from selling or advertising "sups", or from selling sex, many are in onlyfans. Most are simply a personal trainer and have a few clients, or they own a gym, or run a separate business.

Sure, the best in each division, or those famous for charisma and personality factors, are going to make a profit even if they don't compete. But they are a minority.

Yesterday I heard an interview in Spanish with Rita Bello, she is an Argentine bodybuilder, if you wants to know the real fight of athletes, look outside the US.
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                      I do not understand the meaning of this thread.

I think I said it the other time, the money on many occasions comes from selling or advertising "sups", or from selling sex, many are in onlyfans. Most are simply a personal trainer and have a few clients, or they own a gym, or run a separate business.

Sure, the best in each division, or those famous for charisma and personality factors, are going to make a profit even if they don't compete. But they are a minority.

Yesterday I heard an interview in Spanish with Rita Bello, she is an Argentine bodybuilder, if you wants to know the real fight of athletes, look outside the US.
                      Thanks Beti . It's my belief that competing as an IFBB pro doesn't really pay the bills for most of 'em.
                      I am saying , what do MOST pros in any div do to make a living?
                      Last edited by Howard; May 5, 2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

I think we both know that 90% of bikini pros aren't making serious $$ , modeling Gym Shark yoga pants on IG .

It's obvious the sport doesn't pay the bills for most pros. THAT's my real concern here.

In that spirit, I am fine with Jen or any MD mod to delete this thread if they find it too controversial.
                        Dude people are doing better than you think. You make your thesis statement which you phrase as a question and stick to it. Are they doing well by fully functional adult standards probably not but they are doing well by in their 20's standards.

Comment

Dude people are doing better than you think. You make your thesis statement which you phrase as a question and stick to it. Are they doing well by fully functional adult standards probably not but they are doing well by in their 20's standards.
                          Thanks for the info.
                          But c'mon now, very few pros make a decent living directly related to competing in pro contests.
                          The prize $$ in bikini, figure, WPD, etc isn't much and lucrative sports attire modeling is rare.

Even in the glory days of the 1990's with big supplement brands and Weider contracts , only the top tier bodybuilders got paid.

My point is a lot of these pros end up having to hustle to make $$ via personal training, contest prep, etc.
                          Last edited by Howard; May 5, 2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Thanks for the info.
                            But c'mon now, very few pros make a decent living directly related to competing in pro contests.
                            The prize $$ in bikini, figure, WPD, etc isn't much and lucrative sports attire modeling is rare.

Even in the glory days of the 1990's with big supplement brands and Weider contracts , only the top tier bodybuilders got paid.

My point is a lot of these pros end up having to hustle to make $$ via personal training, contest prep, etc.
                            True the huge supp contracts are gone. Contest placings help but endorsements now are based on popularity with the fans. Those who interact and are interesting do well. I'd say the money is much more dispersed these days than before. This is no means like being a pro in other sports you have to hustle but in reality hustling is a good thing diverse revenue streams always help.

Hell now I want to charge for a course the stock market for meatheads.

Comment

True the huge supp contracts are gone. Contest placings help but endorsements now are based on popularity with the fans. Those who interact and are interesting do well. I'd say the money is much more dispersed these days than before. This is no means like being a pro in other sports you have to hustle but in reality hustling is a good thing diverse revenue streams always help.

Hell now I want to charge for a course the stock market for meatheads.
                              Good reply and funny zinger about "stock market for meatheads" LOL

To me , getting an IFBB pro card ( any division) is more about status ( bragging rights) then money.
                              I think the core motivation to compete hasn't changed since the 1st Mr America.

In my OPINION, most would be better off going for some city or state title.
                              Win big there and everyone will start saying you've got the goods to be a pro.

The value of building an impressive physique need not be tied in with making $$
                              That's fine for the gifted elite pros, but , it's not what makes BODYBUILDING worthwhile .
                              Last edited by Howard; May 5, 2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X