Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

SEO & insulin- Time to kick it out of bodybuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO & insulin- Time to kick it out of bodybuilding?

Are we all in agreement that neither truly improve physiques?

If this is the case, then how on earth do we get it out of bodybuilding?

Tricky one.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Not sure of the how but it would definitely be a move in the right direction.

Comment

im not to fmiliar with insulin . but seo makes me sick . a true artist does not use this garbage .

Comment

I wouldn't take the risk anyway
        A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
        mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

I think it is impossible to ban slin, because everyone loves GH, and many use insulin to avoid becoming diabetic from using GH.

Pursuing the use of SEO is more feasible, simply look for the separation between the 3 heads of the delts in the BDB. If you have an amorphous mass, you are out of the top 5.
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

You couldn't have the size we see these days, without insulin. It seems the last era where that was "even questionably possible", was maybe the late 90s through mid 2000s.

Since then, the manipulation of IGF via insulin and GH has proven too valuable for needed size, when it comes to the open at least. Doubtful they will be able to "reign that back in", at least among many.

SEO-- bottom line, if it LOOKS like SEO, it should be banned-- if it doesn't, then there's no way to test for it.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
              Are we all in agreement that neither truly improve physiques?

If this is the case, then how on earth do we get it out of bodybuilding?

Tricky one.
              How does one enforce a ban ?

1. Insulin is a legal drug and medication for many diabetics. As Beti already posted it's not possible to ban insulin.

2. So what procedure would you use to disqualify those using SEO's?
              How do you PROVE it and would this proof hold up in court ? Hmmmm.

3. The IFBB doesn't want to enforce any rules on banned substances when it's been REWARDED for decades.
              Once the matter gets in open court, how do they defend all the other "banned drugs" they currently allow?

To really enforce banning certain things would require a full staff , doing nothing but checking contestants for lengthy inspection.
              I don't see how the practical logistics would allow for this in big national contests with 1000 or more entrants!

To me, this is an easy solution. Embrace and enforce the Manion "belly band edict" letter from over 15 years ago!
              The winner and top placers is totally determined by a visual judging of the competitors on stage.

If a body part looks odd or suspect (SEO) then they get placed low, out of the top 5.
              If the belly looks bloated and physique is lacking separation and clean lines, they get placed low, regardless of how BIG they are.

This hasn't been done because, the fans and judges want to see freaks on stage.
              Now , it's getting out of hand and people in the sport want it stopped.
              When a big enough % speak up on SEO's and bloated freaks winning/placing, the judges might stop rewarding them.

It's THAT simple.
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

If used correctly insulin works well. It's not just used in the open and 212.

SEO's - easy enough just mark it down when obvious

Comment

Yea…. The only problem is a competitor will say it’s not SEO “ it’s just gear” or “ a bad shot” … so you can’t mark down for it or enforce it… Insulin forget it! No way to tell or mark down for it ….. all the judges can do is pick the best physique that day
                  http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

"SEO's - easy enough just mark it down when obvious"
                    I believe that there is already something in the rules regarding this but yet the judges continue to overlook this.
                    I thought it was pretty clear that the winner of the 212 have obviously had injections in his delts and yet was rewarded with first place.
                    Plus, there are many examples of guys placing highly with these types of injections and the judges still place them highly.
                    Unless, Weinberger and the rest of the judging panels starting marking these guys down then nothing will change

Comment

"SEO's - easy enough just mark it down when obvious"
                      I believe that there is already something in the rules regarding this but yet the judges continue to overlook this.
                      I thought it was pretty clear that the winner of the 212 have obviously had injections in his delts and yet was rewarded with first place.
                      Plus, there are many examples of guys placing highly with these types of injections and the judges still place them highly.
                      Unless, Weinberger and the rest of the judging panels starting marking these guys down then nothing will change.

Comment

Easy answer is have the only people who can change the direction of bodybuilding. THE JUDGES pick a different look for the Mr Olympia and the trend will be set. No need for any testing just pick a champion who is not a bloated mess!

Comment

Too many people making big bucks off SEO - Dave P and Bostin Loyd have both been making a killing selling their own brand for years.
                          Muscular Development Online Editor
                          FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

gross..............

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                              Too many people making big bucks off SEO - Dave P and Bostin Loyd have both been making a killing selling their own brand for years.

"Too many people"--

Lists 2 people--

Leaves.

Clearly, big dollars are driving this issue, lol.

-David

Comment

Working...
                              X