Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Getting tighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting tighter

3 weeks our
    Attached Files
    WWW.NoelFuller.com

what show and what class r they doin'?
    MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Cascadian, figure
      WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
        Cascadian, figure
        Serious question : How tight and separated should figure legs look? Is the pic the ideal or still dialing in ?
        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

as tight as possible, this is three weeks out
          WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
            as tight as possible, this is three weeks out
            Ok, thanks for the clarification. I guess the figure judging criteria have changed on definition/cuts since I quit judging.

Comment

I find that the only division they don't want to see you shredded in is Bikini. I see plenty of Figure women with striations in their glutes.
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Yes, they are very grated and dry, especially at an amateur level.
                http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                  I find that the only division they don't want to see you shredded in is Bikini. I see plenty of Figure women with striations in their glutes.
                  Under the current ( and previous) official rules, it clearly states under Figure 1-1,2:
                  1. Figure athletes should NOT display:

2. Striations or graininess

THIS is exactly my beef with current judging and why I got frustrated and quit.
                  I did my best to apply the official , written standards to my judging selections.
                  However, the "official " standards are ignored and the actual standards are "whatever we think" criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Under the current ( and previous) official rules, it clearly states under Figure 1-1,2:
                    1. Figure athletes should NOT display:

2. Striations or graininess

THIS is exactly my beef with current judging and why I got frustrated and quit.
                    I did my best to apply the official , written standards to my judging selections.
                    However, the "official " standards are ignored and the actual standards are "whatever we think" criteria.
                    As always, the judges can only judge what is on stage.

The standard is always the Olympia champion. The latest winners weren't big, hard, or dry, so the direction is clear.

But in other pro shows, you can see different looks getting the victory, because it also depends on the judges and who is competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

As always, the judges can only judge what is on stage.

The standard is always the Olympia champion. The latest winners weren't big, hard, or dry, so the direction is clear.

But in other pro shows, you can see different looks getting the victory, because it also depends on the judges and who is competing.

If the rule clearly states she will not display striations, you don't pick a winner with 'em . Simple.
                      But, the current reality is they actually reward the girls with striations in figure.
                      You can't enforce a rule or standard if you have a bunch of exceptions to it.

Last edited by Howard; June 14, 2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

The optimal condition for each division is highly variable and subjective.

Comment

The optimal condition for each division is highly variable and subjective.
                          LOL, here is the latest RULE Rules & Criteria | Tim Gardner Productions

the 1st thing under scoring FIGURE " small degree of muscularity with separation , no visible STRIATIONS. "

I don't see anything subjective about THAT. She has 'em or she doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

LOL, here is the latest RULE Rules & Criteria | Tim Gardner Productions

the 1st thing under scoring FIGURE " small degree of muscularity with separation , no visible STRIATIONS. "

I don't see anything subjective about THAT. She has 'em or she doesn't.
                            Except mathematics and that kind of thing, everything in our world (politics, language, art ...) is subjective, that is, it is subject to interpretation.

Sure, we use words and definitions to try to clarify concepts or the ideal physique, but contests and real life is more complex. Especially in the criteria of the different divisions.

That said, there are bad judgments and good judgments.

Comment

Except mathematics and that kind of thing, everything in our world (politics, language, art ...) is subjective, that is, it is subject to interpretation.

Sure, we use words and definitions to try to clarify concepts or the ideal physique, but contests and real life is more complex. Especially in the criteria of the different divisions.

That said, there are bad judgments and good judgments.
                              I understand your point but , having striations isn't a subjective factor.
                              It's like eye color, ht, etc. The striations are seen/visible or they aren't.

The problem is, figure was intended to be a "fitness body " without doing the dance/gymnastic routine.
                              To defer from female BB, they established the "NO striations" standard as the figure criteria.

That was fine until bikini came along and now they needed to have the figure look different from bikini.
                              So, WITHOUT changing the official , written rules, they rewarded harder and leaner figure girls.

That's fine , but they need to officially change the standards and update the official, written rules. They haven't.

I know things like this or lighting criteria or judges seating distance from judges aren't always adhered too.
                              Fans and contestants will talk about about inconsistent judging or stage lighting , etc

I honestly believe most don't realize the IFBB and NPC have official rules and standards on this stuff.
                              This isn't some controversial issue like drugs. You'd think making the promoter adhere to the official lighting standards would be a no brainer!
                              Plus, how hard is it to always have the judges sitting in the correct location for every contest.

AGAIN, I really don't care what standards they want to use . Just be consistent with the rules in the book.

Comment

Working...
                              X