Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Are These Guys Natural???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are These Guys Natural???

Simple question.....

NO

Comment

I met Steve Reeves when I was an AAU Mr America judge in the early 90's.
      Even as an older man, he had a unique "presence ". A real gentleman.

His big contest wins ( Mr A, Mr U ) were several years BEFORE the FDA approval of dianabol *1958).

Since the others featured in the clip were from the same era, they couldn't have used "steroids".
      D-bol was the first steroid, developed by Dr Ziegler in the mid 50's.

Now it's possible they used some forum of injectable testosterone , but that's doubtful.
      It was pretty a rare drug 70-75 years ago and they wouldn't have access to much, if anything at all.

Genetic talent , hard training and proper nutrition has always been to real keys to building a decent physique.

I'm not in the same league as the legends and never won anything worth bragging about.
      But, on little to no "gear" , I beat plenty of guys who were "juiced to the gills" in UN-tested npc contests.

I still cracks me up, that so many gym rats, think they'll be a top pro , IF they find the magic potion.
      dianabol in Depth Information Guide
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Very hard to guess, but famous athletes, soldiers... could have been on something test since the mid-30s. Be that as it may, it shouldn't be very effective due to being first-time chemicals and of dubious value, and the ignorance about it was total at that time .In the next 20 years everything would change.

But they could have been using another type drugs (although not beneficial for muscle or strength), amphetamines, alcohol, heroin ... that was already common among athletes in 1900/1910
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I have to say looking at some of these guys I think they are assisted, too much solid mass and there are quite a few of guys in one place on the day the film was shot. Can they all be freaks?

The Russians were juicing before D-Bol. The US pushed for a new steroid, that became D-Bol, to try and even things up as the Russians were winning all the Olympic weight lifting medals in the 1950's.
          Last edited by Big Beat; June 18, 2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I would say yes 100% natty

Comment

According to William Llewellyn

1936. Testosterone propionate is made. It was the first commercial ester of testosterone to take root. It has a very long history of clinical use. Although it was slightly better than suspension, it wasn’t much of an improvement, and it too required more than one injection per week.

1950s. Testosterone hexahydrobenzoate is released in Europe. This is still a very fast-acting ester, requiring multiple injections each week. It still appears to be slower acting than propionate, however.

1950s. Testosterone enanthate is released and offers substantial advantages over older esters in that it’s very slow acting and requires injections only once every three to four weeks. It’s quickly adopted for use around the world, and would go on to be the dominant form of injectable for the next 50 years.

1950s. Upjohn develops its own variation of slow-acting testosterone, called cyclopentylpropionate (cypionate), probably to compete with enanthate. Upjohn retains a strong market share in the United States with the drug, but it’s not widely adopted by other pharmaceutical firms, likely due to patent issues.

1950s. Schering develops a blend of the old dominant ester (testosterone propionate) and the new dominant, slow-acting ester (testosterone enanthate) called Testoviron. It’s supposed to provide a more balanced release, but modern data refutes this advantage. It sells very well for Schering for some time.

https://www.musculardevelopment.com/...l#.YMyoR9VKiM8
              A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
              mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

On test
                *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

deleted repeated
                  Last edited by GeorgeUK; June 19, 2021, 12:38 PM.
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Anyway, these guys looked way better and healthier than the current generation.
                    mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by Squat Junkie View Post
                      Anyway, these guys looked way better and healthier than the current generation.
                      Reeves wouldn’t beat Ramy. No chance.
                      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

Reeves wouldn’t beat Ramy. No chance.
                        Off course not. But he looked way healthier.
                        mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by Squat Junkie View Post

Off course not. But he looked way healthier.
                          True,even 80s and 90s guys looked their age and had a healthier look!

Comment

Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
                              Who cares
                              Agree 100% .

Reeves and company were great for their era.
                              Every sport has it's greats from a previous era.
                              Unless you invent a f'n time machine, it's silly to speculate on crap you'll never know.
                              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                              X