Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Are These Guys Natural???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post

Test Suspension and Propionate were both made in the 1930’s. Might want to do some reading.
    Maybe YOU should write that book for me to read ? Thank you Dr Johnson ...

Last edited by Howard; June 19, 2021, 11:39 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post

Cliff Clavin
      Ya know Noel, it's a little known fact that Bigfoots in the rural parts of Oregon were the 1st to use steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
        When you sucked Adams dick to get attention you lost all credibility
        Did you take a pic while watching in the closet?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Unless you invent a f'n time machine, it's silly to speculate on crap you'll never know.
          This!!

If it is difficult or complicated to know all the facts recent events and there are tons of information, how does someone claim to know what happened 50 years ago? It is impossible, just as it is impossible to know what will happen 50 or 1000 years from now.

Of course, I understand that imagination is part of the activity of the human brain, but they are only theories, hypotheses and conjectures.
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

In 1889, Dr. Brown-Seuard developed an extract derived from dog testicles. After injecting the substance himself, he noticed a rejuvenating effect, especially on his sexual drive. His colleagues never took him seriously and he died five years later.

At the beginning of the s. XX, other studies went one step further and began to perform monkey testicle transplants in humans. Although there was a temporary invigorating effect, life expectancy was not increased and the only major side effect was that monkey syphilis was transmitted to transplant recipients.

The first remarkable discovery about anabolic steroids occurred in the mid-1930s, when German pharmacologist Dr. Laqueur isolated crystals from bull's testicles. German chemists called the substance testosterone. Soon after, Swiss experts were able to synthesize testosterone and other closely related cholesterol derivatives.

Research over the next decade indicated that this synthesized product, which belonged to a class of drugs called steroids, produced anabolic effects, such as increasing muscle size and strength. It didn't take long to link the terms "anabolic" and "steroid" and a new era in pharmacology began.

In the late 1930s and early 1940s, experts saw that steroids could be used in sports. After all, any drug that increases muscle size and strength while lowering fat levels has great application in many sports activities. When this news spread through the sports community, it didn't take long for syringes and bottles to appear in the locker rooms.

Indicating the exact time when steroids were introduced to sport is difficult because most athletes are no longer with us. Also, due to the harsh situations modern athletes face who fail drug tests, it is doubtful that anyone in their 30s and 40s would admit to using it. We also have to bear in mind that steroids in sport were not banned overnight, but after several decades. It is likely that many athletes used some type of steroid or derivative of testosterone without even knowing it. The first documented use of these substances was in 1931 when four Swedish athletes admitted to using a product called Rejuven. This was a German drug that contained testosterone, albeit in small doses.
            https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Laqueur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Butenandt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_Ru%C5%BEi%C4%8Dka

Comment

Maybe YOU should write that book for me to read ? Thank you Dr Johnson ...
              This article is a good start. It's a bit more informed than some of the references you have been using. Note the mentioned of West Coast bodybuilder in the 1940's.

https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/the-...nd-steroids-2/

Comment

CIBA patented Equipoise in 1949.

Comment

Did the legends juice or not? We may never know the truth ...

Comment

Did the legends juice or not? We may never know the truth ...

We can use our modern day knowledge to assess how little they knew and the results they display.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

I guess I agree, in a sense, with the overall idea of "knowledge is power", and "righting the wrongs of the lie-filled past".

Same time, I tend to think that this speculation just drives dumb thinking.

Point is, in the 13 years I worked as an in-person personal trainer, I prepped numerous individuals who carried more size, were leaner, and had better shape, than either of the guys in this video. To that end, the REAL question people want answered is, "Is this type of physique POSSIBLE naturally?" The answer is a resounding, "Yes-- and actually, you can get WAY more jacked than this, naturally, with the right genetics, if you ALSO know how to train and eat right (which these two only did, to a limited degree; they were pioneers for their time, but living in the dark ages of the science of the sport).

-David
                      I have never seen a true natural with this level of muscularity. As you say a guy from the dark ages.

George Eiferman.jfif

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

We can use our modern day knowledge to assess how little they knew and the results they display.
                        I'd hoped the attached , " Does She or Doesn't She ? " Miss Clairol video would clue ya in , I wasn't serious LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

I have never seen a true natural with this level of muscularity. As you say a guy from the dark ages.

George Eiferman.jfif

Out of curiosity (I legit don't know), what is his approximate height and weight?

Being a white guy, and being that ROUND (through the chest and delts)-- yes, that definitely makes it seems more suspicious (especially with being from the dark ages).

-David

Comment

The question is, how obsessive or drived were the first athletes and bodybuilders to push the limits?

In the modern era, we know that they are pioneers in using the substances as they are just being discovered and in periods / tests of experimentation with rats.

Comment

I do think they were natural.
                              Muscular Development Online Editor
                              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                                I do think they were natural.

What do you make of Jerry Brainum talking about bodybuilders using testosterone in the 1940's?

Comment

Working...
                                X