Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Flex Lewis Out of the Olympia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Lewis Out of the Olympia

Not new news but what do people think?

I dont know enough of the background but if he is saying he cant do it because his coach wont be in the US that sounds kinda lame.

I read that he and his wife want to have another kid. Flex not competing is no big shock. I think everyone had already come to that realization

Comment

Wants a second kid
      *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Longer away from the stage - easier to stay away. Lots of other life priorities make it hard to tunnel vision a serious prep for another run. Legend at 212 and nothing left to prove.

Comment

He is still young life happens

Comment

He will not, will not return to compete, is busy with his gym, family and training and mentoring many other pros.

He doesn't want it enough, at the end of the day, you have excuses or you have results.

And what could get? A top 6 will not even be easy, it is not enough incentive to get out of his current life.
            Last edited by Beti ona; July 10, 2021, 03:03 PM.
            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

think Flex does want to compete in the O open, but he life is way to busy for him to even train right for the show. i think he's better off just helpin' others and livin' his life and just enjoy trainin' for the fun of it. like one already said in this thread, he's already 7x 212 Mr. O, what else does he have to prove?
              MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
                he's already 7x 212 Mr. O, what else does he have to prove?
                1. He cant will compared with Ray or Priest, since they did the open.

2. It will be another one in a long list of IF

Comment

Having kids didn't stop Ronnie from competing.

Moving and investing a lot of time and money in a new gym seems a more likely reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                    Having kids didn't stop Ronnie from competing.

Moving and investing a lot of time and money in a new gym seems a more likely reason.
                    He has to be off gear or at least a pre contest cycle

Comment

I find it laughable that so many fans are already saying Flex will never compete again. It's true that the longer an athlete stays away from the stage the more likely it is he or she won't return, but I do believe Flex wants to win the Mr. Olympia.
                      Muscular Development Online Editor
                      FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

He has to be off gear or at least a pre contest cycle
                        He could wait until after the Olympia to go at it. No guarantees he gets her preggers before the Olympia.

I still think it’s a weak reason and there’s probably a much better reason for not competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

He could wait until after the Olympia to go at it. No guarantees he gets her preggers before the Olympia.

I still think it’s a weak reason and there’s probably a much better reason for not competing.

I don't doubt that there is something else

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                            I find it laughable that so many fans are already saying Flex will never compete again. It's true that the longer an athlete stays away from the stage the more likely it is he or she won't return, but I do believe Flex wants to win the Mr. Olympia.
                            I'm no personal friend of Flex and only briefly spoke with him at the recent Jr Nats .
                            BUT, he seems to be very organized in his life plans and right now it's family and running gyms ( business).

I think he'll be back to give at least 1 real shot at the open Olympia within the next 2-3 years.
                            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                              Flex competes for pleasure, for the fans or for victory?

After winning for so many years, is he ready to go to the secondary level, maybe out of the top 3 / 5?

Comment

Working...
                              X