Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Why do all the bodybuilders shit on shawn ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do all the bodybuilders shit on shawn ray

I have never heard such horrible shit said about one person where the attacks are personal where they make fun of shawns mother or family.i have heard shawn say that dexter would not have done well in his era he was judging his physique not his person dexter came back and humiliated him.melvin and lee priest to. I have met shawn a few times at the arnold expo he was one of the few guys from the 1990s who actually spoke to you and was friendly and made eye contact with you compared to the rest of his buddies from that era that took tour money never looked at you and had a fuck you attitude.

Some people just don't have any morals.
    Doesn't matter if you're rich & famous or unknown & mediocre, bashing people seem to lift ones own ego.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
    mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Nobody loves loudmouths, he talks about everything and everyone, sometimes he crosses the line, or so interpret these guys with thin skin and too touchy.

Don't feel sorry for him, he knows the game, he loves it, and he takes the consequences.

Lee hates Shawn, and almost everyone, so he's going to stick his mouth in too when he sees the opportunity.

Personally I have 0 interest in these fights of social networks.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I lost all respect for Dexter when he posted THAT video about Shawn.

It was just plain weird. No class.
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Shawn cant help talking about himself and giving himself credit for all sorts of things.

Dexter was a Mr O....Shawn wasn't....
          Melvin was a better poser than Shawn
          Lee and Shawn chased the same women

Shawn is a little bitter and not happy when others get praise.

Comment

In my OPINION, it's a little jealousy combined with a lot of resentment for his sharp intellect.
            The typical guy uses some mindless, crude insult to knock someone.
            For example, " You suck and you're mom's a ho."

Shawn was clever and would dissect the issue with a cutting remark that exposes the problem .
            I'll never forget, how he called out IFBB judge Deshay Ebert for saying " Shawn's physique never changes, so why judge him ." *at the Olympia press conf

Shawn rightfully took her to task on that . Most pros would have ignored it, gave a lame answer or insulted her , but not Shawn.
            He used her own statement as "proof" she was a biased judge against him . Then had her removed from the judging panel.

Shawn also has a classy image and didn't dress , speak or behave like a typical meathead.
            His physique and posing style was very different from the massive freak lumbering around on stage.
            Shawn looked and acted more like a "celebrity , in a world where most guys want to be a bad ass renegade.

I've seen that the country music biz has a similar issue with some of it's stars in recent years.
            The old hard drinking, womanizing, hard luck redneck has given way to more glamorous stars.

The song ; " I was country , when country wasn't cool" sums it up for these folks.
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Personally I have 0 interest in these fights of social networks.
              I have no interest with any "industry insider" pissing contest that occurs on various social media.
              Combine that with these silly social media feuds between pros and I'm happy to be OFF Facebook, IG, etc

BUT we're the minority on this.
              The avg person who follows anyone on social media LOVES this self-fabricating drama.
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Shawn has a history of being a dick. He's one of the all time greats, instead of being an ambassador of bodybuilding he just takes shots at bodybuilders. Listen to his commentary he can be absolutely brutal. It's beyond critique it's personal. It's not surprising the he gets under some guys skin. Dex went over the top but Shawn is far from innocent. It's almost as if Shawn feels like if he compliments so guys he's diminishing himself

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                  Melvin was a better poser than Shaw.
                  That's highly debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

I have no interest with any "industry insider" pissing contest that occurs on various social media.
                    Combine that with these silly social media feuds between pros and I'm happy to be OFF Facebook, IG, etc

BUT we're the minority on this.
                    The avg person who follows anyone on social media LOVES this self-fabricating drama.
                    I am on IG, but I do not find out about these struggles, I just want to see some images of the athletes near the contest and if they can share any information of interest.

Unfortunately, there is always someone who brings this type of controversy to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

That's highly debatable.
                      Do you even know who Melvin is?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

Do you even know who Melvin is?
                        I'm not a fan of the dancer part

Shawn had slow and boring music, but he was a masterful poser, and his routines lasted 4 or 5 minutes.

Comment

I met Shawn at the 95 NOC and from that time forward we have become friends. He is a huge fan of bodybuilding and expects alot from the current pros His delivery Can be very new york esque but in most caes is true. Shawn was the Only pro,back in the 90s while competing, to question the direction of bodybuilding as far as size being the main criteria for Winning shows. Now we have a huge classic division because many guys do not want to put on the size and take the risks to be huge enjoy to be mr olympia. Dude knew a long time ago the casualties that the size game would produce. I respect anyone who speaks up,especially while competing.

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                            I met Shawn at the 95 NOC and from that time forward we have become friends. He is a huge fan of bodybuilding and expects alot from the current pros His delivery Can be very new york esque but in most caes is true. Shawn was the Only pro,back in the 90s while competing, to question the direction of bodybuilding as far as size being the main criteria for Winning shows. Now we have a huge classic division because many guys do not want to put on the size and take the risks to be huge enjoy to be mr olympia. Dude knew a long time ago the casualties that the size game would produce. I respect anyone who speaks up,especially while competing.
                            Mayor why is it that most pros I've heard candidly speak can't stand Shawn? They all can't be wrong, more goes on behind the scenes than we are privy too.

Btw Shawn was just against the direction because he wasn't winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Mayor why is it that most pros I've heard candidly speak can't stand Shawn? They all can't be wrong, more goes on behind the scenes than we are privy too.

Btw Shawn was just against the direction because he wasn't winning.
                              I have heard about guys not liking Shawn but he does have bodybuilder friends like Samir Troy Zucoloto,Dennis Newman,Bob chic and us respected by others like Lenda Murray, For me I draw my own conclusions and like Shawn we get along great . As far as bodybuilding I believe Shawn made a valid point in regards to one size fits all aka mass. Lee Labrada shares his sentiments when asked about why he left bodybuilding. If Shawn was so bad explain how he has lasted so long in the bodybuilding business? You do need connections to make it in any business.
                              Last edited by mayor of bodybuilding; July 12, 2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X