Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

If you were going to work with a guru who would you chose and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were going to work with a guru who would you chose and why

I would pick john meadows every time i hear him on a podcast he sounds like he knows what he is talking about plus his athletes seem to always come in shape.

I think Meadows is sensible, he would not have you doing crazy shit.

Aceto knows his stuff and through his vast experience he knows what works.

Many pros seem to be drawn to coaches who are big on drug experimenting and taking mega doses. I suppose these pros are willing to get to the top by any means necessary.

Comment

I would pick Milos Sarcev, but he can keep his insulin to himself.
      For the rest he's a great trainer with a lot of knowledge about nutrition.
      A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
      mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Milos because he has been there and done that! Look how much Maxx Charles has improved!

Comment

Shelby
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Ron Harris

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
              Milos because he has been there and done that! Look how much Maxx Charles has improved!
              Yes, the front of Maxx was much improved. Work still to be done on the other side.
              I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Noel rubs a few people wrong here, but dude gets results. Meadows and Shelby are both great mentions as well.
                I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

I used a "guru/coach" once and got incredible results. It was Mike Ferguson ( see attached)

at his incredible gym in Middletown Ohio.August-2016.pdf (parrilloperformance.com)

This was when I was a full time grad student at Miami U in 1994.
                  Mike trained me for the 1994 NPC Louisiana Ironman natural and I got 1st, a week later I got 2nd in the Arkansas show.

Since I was a piss broke grad student, Mike didn't charge me a dime.
                  His one and only requirement was to follow his instructions, without question. I did for 5 months.

He had me do the Parrillo high calorie/nutrient dense diet with few simple carbs/ "sugars".
                  For training we rarely went under 10 reps and finished most days with at least one ultra high re set ( 50 to 100 reps).

For delts we did 100 rep sets to finish up with an incredible , bone deep pump.
                  Started with 10 lb DB's and did around 40-50 super strict reps, then 5 lbs for 20-30 more, then just my arms.
                  Mike gave me constant tension forced reps up so I never stopped , except to quickly change DB wts.

The most intense was 100 rep belt squats at the end of each quad workout.
                  I had a 100 lb plate on a dip harness that hung between my legs.
                  Then I stood on a platform with a hole in the middle. I held a sliding handle on a pole for balance.

The dip harness had two handles for Mike to pull me up when I started to give out.
                  I went way past failure and was so exhausted it was difficult to stagger off and lay down.

After 5 min, he'd get me off the floor and I'd repeat the same thing with a 45 lb plate between my legs.

That training and diet got me the hardest I've ever been.
                  It’s no secret that lower back pain is one of the most common problems that weightlifters have to deal with on a regular basis. Many athletes spend hours
                  Last edited by Howard; July 31, 2021, 08:21 PM.
                  I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Chad FTW!
                    http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      I used a "guru/coach" once and got incredible results. It was Mike Ferguson ( see attached)

at his incredible gym in Middletown Ohio.August-2016.pdf (parrilloperformance.com)

This was when I was a full time grad student at Miami U in 1994.
                      Mike trained me for the 1994 NPC Louisiana Ironman natural and I got 1st, a week later I got 2nd in the Arkansas show.

Since I was a piss broke grad student, Mike didn't charge me a dime.
                      His one and only requirement was to follow his instructions, without question. I did for 5 months.

He had me do the Parrillo high calorie/nutrient dense diet with few simple carbs/ "sugars".
                      For training we rarely went under 10 reps and finished most days with at least one ultra high re set ( 50 to 100 reps).

For delts we did 100 rep sets to finish up with an incredible , bone deep pump.
                      Started with 10 lb DB's and did around 40-50 super strict reps, then 5 lbs for 20-30 more, then just my arms.
                      Mike gave me constant tension forced reps up so I never stopped , except to quickly change DB wts.

The most intense was 100 rep belt squats at the end of each quad workout.
                      I had a 100 lb plate on a dip harness that hung between my legs.
                      Then I stood on a platform with a hole in the middle. I held a sliding handle on a pole for balance.

The dip harness had two handles for Mike to pull me up when I started to give out.
                      I went way past failure and was so exhausted it was difficult to stagger off and lay down.

After 5 min, he'd get me off the floor and I'd repeat the same thing with a 45 lb plate between my legs.

That training and diet got me the hardest I've ever been.

I have to try some of those techniques

Comment

Friend of mine used Phil Viz and it was excellent service and results also cost was very reasonable.

Comment

Phil seems to be a great coach, it's a shame he can't prepare correctly himself.

Comment

Meadows, because my old muscles would benefit from his techniques. He's a very good person also.

Or

Patrick Tour
                            *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

I have to try some of those techniques
                              The basic idea is to finish with an ultra high rep set.
                              Most effective and hardest thing I ever did that provided excellent results.
                              My muscles just "looked" bigger, fuller and harder after a few workouts of this.

FYI, it's harder and more painful then you might imagine.
                              The muscle gets a deep ache without joint pain. win/win

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                              X