Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Most cringey stories guys...c’mon. Give ‘em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most cringey stories guys...c’mon. Give ‘em up!

As you might be able to imagine in my 26 years working in the bodybiddlin’ media, I have a fair few.

But, to kick off proceedings, I’ll go right back to the very start and give you a corker of mine.

I was 13 years old, in school and got challenged by a girl to an arm wrestle in front of my friends.

She beat me. Pretty easily too.

That very night I BEGAN weight training in my bedroom. Well, when I say ‘began’, I actually did 130 reps of 4.5kg Dumbell curls with just my left arm. Didn’t do the other one.

Couldn’t straighten my arm for a week. True story.

Okay. Your turn...
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

I had a pair of 4 pound dumbbells and I was doing sit-ups in the living room, I don't remember much else.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I'd like to say this was the most embarrassing day, it's one of many. My first day back to the gym after over a year dealing with cancer. Surgery chemo radiation, 2nd surgery more rounds of radiation and chemo. I'd been doing push ups and some light concentration curls and a few other things. I decided it was time I was tiny under 180 pounds and my ass was still leaking so I created a manpon I shoved toilet paper up my ass to catch any leaks. The best I could muster was a 95 pound bench.

I finished my workout getting stared at for being weak and small and was in the bathroom stall removing soiled toilet paper out of my ass and replacing it with clean paper for the ride home. Full on cringe

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
        I'd like to say this was the most embarrassing day, it's one of many. My first day back to the gym after over a year dealing with cancer. Surgery chemo radiation, 2nd surgery more rounds of radiation and chemo. I'd been doing push ups and some light concentration curls and a few other things. I decided it was time I was tiny under 180 pounds and my ass was still leaking so I created a manpon I shoved toilet paper up my ass to catch any leaks. The best I could muster was a 95 pound bench.

I finished my workout getting stared at for being weak and small and was in the bathroom stall removing soiled toilet paper out of my ass and replacing it with clean paper for the ride home. Full on cringe
        I think that’s pretty badass mate after what you’d just been through.

Comment

I was judging The Mr Capital City (Andy Ball ran the show) and a couple of guys from the gym decided to come along. During prejudging I had a short break and went to have a look at the stalls selling stuff. One of my gym members was strutting about with leopard print trousers on and NO TOP on. He was naked from the waste up. To make it worse, he had no physique to speak of. Skinny fat is how I'd describe it. He enthusiastically came bounding over to me. I sid "*****, get your fucking shirt on!"
          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Lol, now I see that my previous post was silly, nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Something close to Griff’s story. Getting ready for the 1998 North Americans, leg day with an upset stomach. It was my 495lb squat set and on about my 6th to 8th rep, I squirted in my undies. Went to the locker room, finished shitting, cleaned up my ass with some wet paper towel, threw my undies in the garbage and went right back to my leg workout. Funny thing is, this was about 2-3 months after my training partner did the same thing.
              Last edited by DerekRJohnson; August 4, 2021, 10:52 AM.
              I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

I think that’s pretty badass mate after what you’d just been through.
                Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
                  Something close to Griff’s story. Getting ready for the 1998 North Americans, leg day with an upset stomach. It was my 495lb squat set and on about my 6th to 8th rep, I squirted in my undies. Went to the locker room, finished shitting, cleaned up my ass with some wet paper towel, threw my undies in the garbage and went right back to my leg workout. Funny thing is, this was about 2-3 months after my training partner did the same thing.
                  That’s the mark of a true bodybuilder if your bum explodes during a set of squats or leg press...and you STILL finish every rep!

This IS the initiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Impressive return to the gym,Respect

Comment

It was spring of 1991 and I was 21 years old, training at Gold's Gym in Venice. I had a serious mullet with a curly tail that went down between my shoulder blades. I was doing lying triceps extensions with two 45's on each side of an EZ-curl bar (my triceps were strong, they just never grew). I normally wouldn't have gone over a 45 and a 25 BUT - I was working in on the flat bench with IFBB Pro Steve Brisbois and had to show off. After a few shitty reps, I dropped the bar on the bench behind my head, then promptly sat up. RIIIP! went the ponytail off my head. The bar had been on top of it. Steve was horrified and asked if I was okay. I was fine, only my pride and my sweet curly ponytail were injured.
                      Muscular Development Online Editor
                      FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

As you might be able to imagine in my 26 years working in the bodybiddlin’ media, I have a fair few.

But, to kick off proceedings, I’ll go right back to the very start and give you a corker of mine.

I was 13 years old, in school and got challenged by a girl to an arm wrestle in front of my friends.

That very night I BEGAN weight training in my bedroom. Well, when I say ‘began’, I actually did 130 reps of 4.5kg Dumbell curls with just my left arm. Didn’t do the other one.

Okay. Your turn...
                        I got beat in arm wrestling by a brother-in-law who didn't even lift - to my credit, he was built like a gorilla with thick joints like a Strongman.
                        Muscular Development Online Editor
                        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

At 15 and 16 years of age myself and my mates from the gym used to go to night clubs get pissed and then whip off our shirts and start hitting mandatories.

There was more meat on a butchers pencil than the whole lot of us put together.

Comment

Alright I have one at Jimmy Decotis’s Nautilus plus in Danvers Mass , I was on the treadmill …. Suddenly I notice everyone looking at me / checking me out (in my mind I’m like “yeaaaa boy I’m fucking jacked! … look at everyone staring at me! ) little did I know the treadmill belt was squealing like a bitch (I had a Walkman on and blasting music) … only when it started. Billowing white smoke and everyone running over …did I shut my Walkman off and realize what was really going on …
                            http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Okay. Your turn...
                              Some girls are strong

Comment

Working...
                              X