Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Trainers, Killers and Gurus by Shawn Ray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trainers, Killers and Gurus by Shawn Ray


  • #2
    http://betionastore.es/

    Comment


    • #3
      Good post and Shawn spits the truth in a clear, direct fashion.
      I'd like to add my 2 cents on this:

      1. No MD or certified science professional is going to risk their career getting involved in training IFBB pros.
      They likely have an established career in a legitimate field .
      This prohibits them from getting involved in "drug regimes" for pros.

      2. The judges pick winners ONLY possible via extreme drug use. If you want the winning look ya gotta do what it takes.
      Even the Figure division is judged by criteria that IGNORES most of the official, written IFBB or NPC standards.

      3. You can't have a renegade freak show and expect it to attract / involve responsible , wholesome people .
      The last time the Olympia was on TV was 20 years ago.
      Bodybuilding was always a "cult sport" but it still had a "finger hold" in the mainstream.

      Without any TV coverage for any contests, the sport became even more insular and isolated.
      This resulted in the extreme freak show with intentionally vague criteria and authoritative rule.
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

      Comment


      • #4
        Does he ever say anything good about anyone?
        *Brotherhood of iron *

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Howard View Post
          1. No MD or certified science professional is going to risk their career getting involved in training IFBB pros.
          They likely have an established career in a legitimate field .
          This prohibits them from getting involved in "drug regimes" for pros.

          Mmmh, and the doctors who care the pro sports or national teams that go to the Olympics, what the hell do you think they are doing apart from doping and avoiding tests?

          Doctors and health scientists are just as corruptible as other human beings, and many will want to obtain large salaries and knowledge of sports performance by doing human experiments on athletes.


          3. You can't have a renegade freak show and expect it to attract / involve responsible , wholesome people .
          Lol, true
          http://betionastore.es/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

            Lol, true
            You're missing the point, which was directed at bodybuilding and other pro divisions.

            No question an MD doc can be corrupted with the $$ and "influence" from big time sports.
            The pro contest industry doesn't have the money or backing to corrupt most established docs and scientists.

            This is why pseudo science gurus are the go to guys .
            Most lack the credentials and resume to work in the legit arena.
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
              Does he ever say anything good about anyone?
              He often speaks favorably of Shawn Ray
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
                Does he ever say anything good about anyone?
                No he doesn't

                Comment


                • #9
                  Who?
                  WWW.NoelFuller.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Watched some very interesting videos about Shelby Starnes. Former clients speaking out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shawns sunglasses indoors is a classy look
                      WWW.NoelFuller.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Howard View Post

                        You're missing the point, which was directed at bodybuilding and other pro divisions.

                        No question an MD doc can be corrupted with the $$ and "influence" from big time sports.
                        The pro contest industry doesn't have the money or backing to corrupt most established docs and scientists.

                        This is why pseudo science gurus are the go to guys .
                        Most lack the credentials and resume to work in the legit arena.

                        Same time, no "established doctors and scientists" really knew CRAP about anabolic steroids, until all of those "pseudo science gurus" pretty much figured it out for them. Reality is, modern medical science has done an abysmal job of ACTUALLY figuring out the science of bodybuilding drugs, bodybuilding training, and bodybuilding nutrition. The "experimental guru on the street", has typically been a full 30 years ahead of the FDA and any other "official" scientific organization. To that end, I'm pretty confident that the vast majority of ACTUAL doctors, would know LESS about most of the stuff that we (as bodybuilders) do, than most of the "pseudo science gurus". Otherwise, we would still be upholding the idea that you should eat 8-10 servings of bread a day, and that anabolic steroids don't actually build muscle.


                        Because of how it is established (politically) in this country (and many others), the "official science", is often far behind what the experimenters-on-the-street already know.


                        -David

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lifepulse View Post


                          Same time, no "established doctors and scientists" really knew CRAP about anabolic steroids, until all of those "pseudo science gurus" pretty much figured it out for them. Reality is, modern medical science has done an abysmal job of ACTUALLY figuring out the science of bodybuilding drugs, bodybuilding training, and bodybuilding nutrition. The "experimental guru on the street", has typically been a full 30 years ahead of the FDA and any other "official" scientific organization. To that end, I'm pretty confident that the vast majority of ACTUAL doctors, would know LESS about most of the stuff that we (as bodybuilders) do, than most of the "pseudo science gurus". Otherwise, we would still be upholding the idea that you should eat 8-10 servings of bread a day, and that anabolic steroids don't actually build muscle.


                          Because of how it is established (politically) in this country (and many others), the "official science", is often far behind what the experimenters-on-the-street already know.


                          -David
                          I agree, but the problem is , there is no legitimate medical rationale for track records or hitting 70 home runs, etc.
                          Granted we have the relatively new science of performance enhancement in athletes.
                          But most research studies were based on nutrition or strength training.

                          The (former) East German track and swimming teams were a DOCUMENTED national effort to win via PED's.
                          Plus, we now have numerous TRT and HGH clinics run by legit medical docs.

                          However, in elite bodybuilding, the drug use is so extreme, it will never be an accepted part of medical science.
                          The amount of test and/or HGH prescribed at an anti-aging clinic is a fraction of what bodybuilders use.
                          The only people dealing with those extreme levels are "underground gurus" , operating OUTSIDE of established science or medicine.

                          In my observation, elite bodybuilders are no longer drug enhanced...they are drug dependent.
                          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                            Watched some very interesting videos about Shelby Starnes. Former clients speaking out.
                            We've had too much going on this in the last few weeks, pretty good info if you ask me, this is better than the bad WWE type entertainment.
                            http://betionastore.es/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Howard View Post

                              You're missing the point, which was directed at bodybuilding and other pro divisions.

                              No question an MD doc can be corrupted with the $$ and "influence" from big time sports.
                              The pro contest industry doesn't have the money or backing to corrupt most established docs and scientists.

                              This is why pseudo science gurus are the go to guys .
                              Most lack the credentials and resume to work in the legit arena.
                              Fair enough, but remember that Victor Conte had some of the Olympic top athletes alongside some top bodybuilders at Balco.

                              I think these scientists might be interested in bodybuilders, not for money, but for the opportunity to experiment without fear of getting caught.
                              http://betionastore.es/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X