Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tom Platz being short sighted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Platz being short sighted?

tom p2.jpgtom p 3.jpg

Guest posing a few weeks from a contest

To me he's a legend. The best seminar I have ever been to. Should have won the Olympia in 1981 and the best legs ever.

However, him insisting on being paid to do interviews, means he doesn't get interviewed.

It's been that way for many years. Is he short sighted in seeing the interview fee as being the way to monetise himself? He could have promoted himself. merchendise, appearances, coaching, pt so well if he regualrly opened himself up to being inteviewed by all the channels. It's a shame that we don't hear from this legend. He could have inspired many and made a lot more money.
    Last edited by GeorgeUK; August 29, 2021, 03:17 AM.
    *Brotherhood of iron *

Tom has reduced his income and exposure by insisting to be paid for interviews but i think he marches to a beat from a different drum.

He was the only pro that i have attended a seminar for and for a meet and greet after, he was at Dohertys gym with his wife. He was generous and unassuming and his communication skills/life experience were great.

Back in the day i trained at what one could call Gym loosely and the only poster on the wall was Tom Platz posing on a beach, it stuck in my mind and we paid homage and trained legs hard.

I do agree it is a shame we don't hear more from him, his passion and love of the sport and what it could do for a persons development both personally and professionally would be a very welcomed addition in this current environment of gurus and coaches.

I still have a pic of Tom today in my home gym that i purchased at the seminar, it is still the only one on the wall.

Comment

tom was one of those people that came along to soon i always thought if tom platz and lenda murray just came on the scrne now with social media the money they would have made

Comment

Originally posted by taz devil View Post
        Tom has reduced his income and exposure by insisting to be paid for interviews but i think he marches to a beat from a different drum.

He was the only pro that i have attended a seminar for and for a meet and greet after, he was at Dohertys gym with his wife. He was generous and unassuming and his communication skills/life experience were great.

Back in the day i trained at what one could call Gym loosely and the only poster on the wall was Tom Platz posing on a beach, it stuck in my mind and we paid homage and trained legs hard.

I do agree it is a shame we don't hear more from him, his passion and love of the sport and what it could do for a persons development both personally and professionally would be a very welcomed addition in this current environment of gurus and coaches.

I still have a pic of Tom today in my home gym that i purchased at the seminar, it is still the only one on the wall.
        I met Tom also at a seminar. He was truly inspirational. Spoke to him for a few minutes. He was interested in Scotland and how the stars looked like crystals in the clear sky. He was definitely unique.

However, I really think that he could have made life a lot easier for himself if he went with the times of social media.
        *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Tom had no back
          WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
            Tom had no back
            Comparatively. Neither did, Strydom, neither does Hunter.

I remember reading an article where the author had surmised that if Platz limited his training of his legs to more evenly balance his physique he would have placed better.

My thought on that? Whoopdie doo! Yay! Who gives a shit. Place better for a few shows or be a legend for eternity. I'll take the unbalanced freakishness please.

The chapter in High Intensity Bodybuilding by Ellington Darden titled Mr Intensity made me immediately love Platz. One of my all time favorites

Comment

Strydom didn't win the O, that's my point
              WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Platz didn't have a good back.
                Strydom had a terrible back.

In fact for 81 it was decent in comparisons

back dbl biceps.jpg
                back stry.jpg
                *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

And abs and thigh pose isn't called the abs and no thigh pose

abs thigh.jpg
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Check out Tom Platz coaching a leg workout dressed up as Mr Wolf.

This video is brilliant. The youtube comments are some of the funniest I have ever read.

Comment

Tom Platz’s gravestone should read “I’ve still got 5%”.

Comment

TomP.jpg
                        WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

The back comparison pic with Haney and Strydom reminds me of the pick of Kai and Curry many years ago.

Strydoms back was brutal but equally brutal bruthis posing in back poses.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X