Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What motivational videos do you watch before going to the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motivational videos do you watch before going to the gym

Sometimes i watch the old battle for the olympias video or branchs videos light weight mother fucker. The best motivation listening to the movie pumping iron as i am training if that doesnt get ypu psyched to workout nothing will.

I go with an old favorite in my collection of VHS tapes ; " Sweatin' to the Oldies" with Richard Simmons.
    Last edited by Howard; September 1, 2021, 04:57 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

at the moment nick walker nathan dallas zhasni

Comment

Dorian Yates "Game Changer" and Bodybuilding: A Lifestyle"

Comment

1983 Mr Olympia
          Samir winning
          Bertil Fox was a monster

Pumping Iron
          Watched it on average 5 x a week for the first 6 mths that I trained
          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

The only motivational tool I have really used is to listen to "War" from the Rocky sound track. "Going the Distance" also works but when I listen to "War" even when I am tired I just get psyched up.

I don't use headphones when I train I find it a distraction and I like to be very body centred.

Comment

Nothing, I don't need to motivate myself with anything to lift, and I don't like listening to music while lifting, it makes me lose concentration.
              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                Nothing, I don't need to motivate myself with anything to lift, and I don't like listening to music while lifting, it makes me lose concentration.
                C'mon dude, you're trying to get pumped to lift wts . You're NOT trying to solve the riddle of the sphinx

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                  The only motivational tool I have really used is to listen to "War" from the Rocky sound track. "Going the Distance" also works but when I listen to "War" even when I am tired I just get psyched up.

I don't use headphones when I train I find it a distraction and I like to be very body centred.
                  Interesting attitude

I know some will blast me for this, BUT I enjoy listening to "techno" music (headphones) when training.
                  Unlike most guys, I don't like hard rock or gangsta rap / hip hop to get psyched.

Comment

Totally agreed with you as the old videos Looks some type genuine and are the best source to gain motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedFitness View Post
                      Totally agreed with you as the old videos Looks some type genuine and are the best source to gain motivation.
                      I agree and don't know why exactly, but, the contest videos from the 80's , 90's and pumping iron scenes from the 70's kick ass.

The early 90's national npc contests and pro Ironman lineups were epic during that time.

I'm glad we have 'em on youtube, but what happened to bodybuilding 20 years ago?
                      Jay, Dexter, etc are great pros, but "something" happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

C'mon dude, you're trying to get pumped to lift wts . You're NOT trying to solve the riddle of the sphinx
                        I will use a quote or a photo for a medium-long term (16 weeks) motivation.

The music for cardio is great, but after hundreds of hours, you don't want to listen to the same fucking tech sessions anymore.

I find a better investment for this time to listen interviews from Giles, Ron, AJ and other channels. I learn about athletes and improve my English.

Once I was lifting listening to music, the headphone cable got tangled in the dumbbell, angrily I threw the player and destroyed it. I was a diet and on ECA, so my patience was shit, lol.
                        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Not to sound hardcore, but I really don't need any motivation to go to the gym. I love it. It's the reason why I get out of bed (literally ha ha). Weekdays, I don't need to get up till 6am, but many times I will wake up at 4am to go to the washroom, and think to myself, I'm pretty awake, might as well take the dog for a walk and get some steps in, and then go lift.

I probably need more motivation to take a rest day ha ha.

Comment

Watch videos before hitting the gym? Come on! How much time do you think we all have here?
                            Bills gotta be paid. No time for videos. Just change into my gym outfit right after work and hit the gym. I prepare mentally by visualizing how I'm gonna kill it.
                            A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
                            mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by Squat Junkie View Post
                              Watch videos before hitting the gym? Come on! How much time do you think we all have here?
                              Bills gotta be paid. No time for videos. Just change into my gym outfit right after work and hit the gym. I prepare mentally by visualizing how I'm gonna kill it.
                              Bingo! I just visualize and plan my workout on the drive to the gym.

Comment

Working...
                              X