Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What motivational videos do you watch before going to the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard View Post

I agree and don't know why exactly, but, the contest videos from the 80's , 90's and pumping iron scenes from the 70's kick ass.

The early 90's national npc contests and pro Ironman lineups were epic during that time.

I'm glad we have 'em on youtube, but what happened to bodybuilding 20 years ago?
    Jay, Dexter, etc are great pros, but "something" happened?
    Yup! That's right..
    I'm at the same opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedFitness View Post

Yup! That's right..
      I'm at the same opinion...
      The current IFBB contest format is like trying this "failed" concert format:

Have hard rock group AC DC , country singer Toby Kieth , pop star Katy Perry and a Spice Girls cover group LOL.
      Sounds like a show for everyone, but, most people wouldn't enjoy 75% of music , depending on their preference.

By trying to appease everyone, the IFBB contests end up with a lukewarm appeal .
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Have hard rock group AC DC , country singer Toby Kieth , pop star Katy Perry and a Spice Girls cover group LOL.
        Sounds like a show for everyone, but, most people wouldn't enjoy 75% of music , depending on their preference.

By trying to appease everyone, the IFBB contests end up with a lukewarm appeal .
        LOL... Bro that one was awesome..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedFitness View Post

Thanks.

FYI, the entry fee for each division at the 2021 nationals is $375 . 'nuff said.
            Last edited by Howard; September 8, 2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

To be fair to promoters and the NPC / IFBB , the bodybuilders themselves rarely displayed viable, unified support .
              If I was a promoter, I'd do the same thing to stay in business.

To get back to the OP thread topic.

I watched a Jay Cutler leg training video before I hit legs today.
              On the drive back home, my mantra was ; " Who's got the bird legs now ?"
              Last edited by Howard; September 9, 2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I like watching the older Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren training videos. I know their form is atrocious and they drop the weights, but I just find the whole hardcore attitude, the sweat, the rusty, peeling equipment at Metroflex along with the music in the background very motivating. Would love to see them both show up at a Planet Fitness and start their act. I know it's kind of dated and cheeseball, but when I'm training, I like listening to the Rocky and Gladiator soundtracks. Also, any video where CT Fletcher is narrating, especially the "You can't outwork me" video. I'll play that over and over when I'm working out.

Comment

Originally posted by nodoughnut View Post
                  I like watching the older Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren training videos. I know their form is atrocious and they drop the weights, but I just find the whole hardcore attitude, the sweat, the rusty, peeling equipment at Metroflex along with the music in the background very motivating. Would love to see them both show up at a Planet Fitness and start their act. I know it's kind of dated and cheeseball, but when I'm training, I like listening to the Rocky and Gladiator soundtracks. Also, any video where CT Fletcher is narrating, especially the "You can't outwork me" video. I'll play that over and over when I'm working out.
                  Perfectly understandable!
                  The Metroflex gym training scenes with pros like Branch, JOJ or big Ronnie are awesome.
                  Like Pumping Iron, this stuff never goes out of style.
                  Classic motivational tunes /scenes from Rocky, or Gladiator are timeless.

Comment

Perfectly understandable!
                    The Metroflex gym training scenes with pros like Branch, JOJ or big Ronnie are awesome.
                    Like Pumping Iron, this stuff never goes out of style.
                    Classic motivational tunes /scenes from Rocky, or Gladiator are timeless.
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                    X