Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What a FARCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baygbm
    replied
    Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

And to further drive the point home- when I started driving a semi truck last year, I had my vision tested, and it was 20/15- better than perfect. So if I can’t see the competitors from 20 feet away, there is zero chances these dinosaur judges can see them any better.

-David

Who exactly are the judges? For any high profile contest the number of judges, their names, experience/bios should be posted for all to see online. Anyone else agree?

Leave a comment:

• Noel Fuller
    replied
    win win

Leave a comment:

• lifepulse
    replied
    Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post

Your view is spot on

I have so much PTSD from you over the years, I can't even tell when you're fucking with me or not. Congratulations, lol!

Leave a comment:

• Noel Fuller
    replied

To qualify- not specifically saying judging here is off, as I have no current horses in this race, nor know the outcome. I just mean the idea in general, that you have to be there in order to have a clear view of what’s going on- even being there, you still don’t, so I can’t see that idea holding up show after show after show.
    Your view is spot on

Leave a comment:

• Big Beat
    replied
    It was like looking at strobe lighting, shockingly shite.

You wouldn't want to have epilepsy.

Leave a comment:

• lifepulse
    replied
    Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post

brilliant
    To qualify- not specifically saying judging here is off, as I have no current horses in this race, nor know the outcome. I just mean the idea in general, that you have to be there in order to have a clear view of what’s going on- even being there, you still don’t, so I can’t see that idea holding up show after show after show.

Leave a comment:

• Noel Fuller
    replied

“You have to be there in person to really be able to judge these physiques, pictures don’t tell the story”. Okay, being there in person, twenty feet from the stage- you still can’t see shit in-person because the stage is nothing but glowing neon lights- onky way to see the physiques is to literally watch the screens on the side of the stage- so I officially call bullshit on this crap rationale for crap judging.

-David
    brilliant

Leave a comment:

• ahmad73
    replied
    the stage and lighting were terrible looks like there in a shopping mall wasn't this meant to be the best Olympia ever according to Dan
    look at Monsterzym and how they put on a show

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied

And to further drive the point home- when I started driving a semi truck last year, I had my vision tested, and it was 20/15- better than perfect. So if I can’t see the competitors from 20 feet away, there is zero chances these dinosaur judges can see them any better.

-David
    The shows look like nightclubs, Howard says that when he competed he did it in school theaters, but it seems that he was better than now.

I honestly think all this stuff about the bad lighting and the confusing background is intentional, as well as some stupid and nonsensical placements.

This should be the only industry where promoters make an effort that their product cannot be seen in optimal conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    One more point. I'm surprised by the total lack of coverage this show got from MD.
    Why wasn't Giles there?

Leave a comment:

• mayor of bodybuilding
    replied
    On a positive note Major respect to Jake Wood for buying and building up the Olympia contest.

Leave a comment:

• lifepulse
    replied

“You have to be there in person to really be able to judge these physiques, pictures don’t tell the story”. Okay, being there in person, twenty feet from the stage- you still can’t see shit in-person because the stage is nothing but glowing neon lights- onky way to see the physiques is to literally watch the screens on the side of the stage- so I officially call bullshit on this crap rationale for crap judging.

-David

-David

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeUK
    replied

-David
    The stage was terrible for competitors and for people watching. It also made judging harder. You want to SEE the competitors. I worked at the UK Arnold and I was impressed by the stage set. I large part of it was black and another part of of it was unobtrusive. See video and pic.

20211002_155352.jpg
    Steve Weinberger's sat to the left of the chair pictured.. I spoke to him a couple of times and he was really thankful and impressed by the UK set up.
    This is the famous Samson routine on the same stage.

One more point. I'm surprised by the total lack of coverage this show got from MD.
    Last edited by GeorgeUK; October 9, 2021, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mayor of bodybuilding
    replied
    To not feature a well conditioned younger star like Nick Walker was outrageous. Bodybuilders ate just an afterthoughts at the so called Superbowl of Bodybuilding.

Leave a comment:

• lifepulse
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Stage background and irritating lighting just distracted and made everyone look worse.

-David

Leave a comment:

Working...
X