Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ramy didn’t train AT all for 7 months?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giles View Post

For the first time in 30 years I haven’t trained for several months.

Battling some inner demons and huge stresses myself. Family issues mainly.

Losing my mum in April to cancer (8 weeks from diagnosis she passed), now big health issues with my Dad who we had to bring back to the UK from retirement out in Cyprus, he’s not the same, so I feel like I’m losing him too right now.

The stress on my Step Mum is unreal too, she’s basically his full time carer now, and it all happened so quick.

Been a shitty year for me family-wise, but I’m fully thankful for the life I have in all areas.

I love what I do and get huge fulfilment out of it and I have a wonderful partner, so trust me, you’ll not hear me complain about my life. Ever.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate and gratitude is all I feel every day.
    sorry to hear that mr giles . i stress out often over my parent's . it's very difficult to see them age and see there health decline .

Comment

Chad Nicholls just posted on his Instagram that from December 19th 2020 to July 1st, Ramy did not train ONCE!

Not sure why.

But isn’t that odd, wins the Olympia then chills for the next 7 months when the 2021 Olympia was only 10 months after the 2020?
      i dont believe this ,it's just talk , mind games etc.

Comment

Originally posted by damien308 View Post

Agree
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Well that’s just silly then I reckon.
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

sorry to hear that mr giles . i stress out often over my parent's . it's very difficult to see them age and see there health decline .
            Thankyou.

It’s a horrible fact of life pretty much all of us will have to deal with in our lives mate.
            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
              I thought I heard somewhere that he went through depression? Anyone else see that?

If so I feel for him, we have all been through it at some level in our lives.
              Lol Ron wtf

Comment

In all fairness though, when you stop training for 7 months you give your body a chance to ''heal'' from all the abuse the body goes through, so when you come back to training you gain all your muscle back

Comment

you beleive he gained back all that muscle in 3 months time ? sounds crazy and extremely unhealthy .

Comment

you beleive he gained back all that muscle in 3 months time ? sounds crazy and extremely unhealthy .

I think a "more likely scenario", is that Ramy is a "new breed" of athlete, who owed almost all of his progress to extreme drug abuse-- and only a minor portion to eating and training. I don't know this for fact, it's obviously speculation on my part, and I typically hate when people do the "it's all drugs" thing, because I typically never believe that.

But with Ramy-- look how big he got, how fast. That wasn't some "mutant response to training". He was singled out by Bader, and made the "golden child"-- and somehow, within a time span of like 2 years or some shit, put on like 100lbs of muscle tissue. Furthermore, you could tell from his very first set of pictures (from when he won the World Amateurs, or whatever it was), that he was already "jimmied up" all over the place-- delts were pure oil, arms appeared to be oiled, and maybe even legs (since we had never seen anything like those legs before, in the history of BB).

Yeah, Ronnie was a freak-- but we saw HOW he got there. We saw the poundages. We saw the growth over TIME-- progression, year by year. Same with Dorian. Same with all of the other "mass monsters".

Ramy pretty much defied all of that, and went from "average dude", to "world's biggest freak", in a few years' time-- with seemingly no "climb up the ladder" with crazy annual progression-- and a training style that does NOT lend itself to "extreme fast growth", like all the other mass monsters we have seen.

I have also heard from a few close coach friends that, with Ramy, they feed him 100g carbs and he gains 10lbs-- crazy stuff like that.

To that end-- I have the feeling that, with Ramy, when it's time to "take a break", that means REALLY take a break-- clean out-- and with that, why even bother training? It's just going to beat his body up all the more-- and there is zero chance he's going to "progress", without extreme drug use at this point. So why even do it?

Again, all speculation on my part-- but speculation based on how we've seen others do things in the past. Towards the second half of his Olympia run, Ronnie would take off 3 months after the O (training as well), to let his body heal. Cutler would take a few months after the O, just train light to maintain, mostly focus on doing cardio, and GET HEALTHY. With how drug use has escalated in the last 20 years, I have the feeling this is just a "necessary evil" with the absolute top dogs (who can afford to do it) these days-- and I think with Ramy, we're just seeing an even-more-extreme version of it.

-David

Comment

For the first time in 30 years I haven’t trained for several months.

Battling some inner demons and huge stresses myself. Family issues mainly.

Losing my mum in April to cancer (8 weeks from diagnosis she passed), now big health issues with my Dad who we had to bring back to the UK from retirement out in Cyprus, he’s not the same, so I feel like I’m losing him too right now.

The stress on my Step Mum is unreal too, she’s basically his full time carer now, and it all happened so quick.

Been a shitty year for me family-wise, but I’m fully thankful for the life I have in all areas.

I love what I do and get huge fulfilment out of it and I have a wonderful partner, so trust me, you’ll not hear me complain about my life. Ever.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate and gratitude is all I feel every day.
                      I am very sorry for your loss and sincerely hope you can find some inner peace during this period of inner strife.
                      Too often we forget the meathead on the other side of the cpu screen is a fellow human being with loved ones and a "life".

God's speed my friend.
                      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

I think a "more likely scenario", is that Ramy is a "new breed" of athlete, who owed almost all of his progress to extreme drug abuse-- and only a minor portion to eating and training. I don't know this for fact, it's obviously speculation on my part, and I typically hate when people do the "it's all drugs" thing, because I typically never believe that.

But with Ramy-- look how big he got, how fast. That wasn't some "mutant response to training". He was singled out by Bader, and made the "golden child"-- and somehow, within a time span of like 2 years or some shit, put on like 100lbs of muscle tissue. Furthermore, you could tell from his very first set of pictures (from when he won the World Amateurs, or whatever it was), that he was already "jimmied up" all over the place-- delts were pure oil, arms appeared to be oiled, and maybe even legs (since we had never seen anything like those legs before, in the history of BB).

Yeah, Ronnie was a freak-- but we saw HOW he got there. We saw the poundages. We saw the growth over TIME-- progression, year by year. Same with Dorian. Same with all of the other "mass monsters".

Ramy pretty much defied all of that, and went from "average dude", to "world's biggest freak", in a few years' time-- with seemingly no "climb up the ladder" with crazy annual progression-- and a training style that does NOT lend itself to "extreme fast growth", like all the other mass monsters we have seen.

I have also heard from a few close coach friends that, with Ramy, they feed him 100g carbs and he gains 10lbs-- crazy stuff like that.

To that end-- I have the feeling that, with Ramy, when it's time to "take a break", that means REALLY take a break-- clean out-- and with that, why even bother training? It's just going to beat his body up all the more-- and there is zero chance he's going to "progress", without extreme drug use at this point. So why even do it?

Again, all speculation on my part-- but speculation based on how we've seen others do things in the past. Towards the second half of his Olympia run, Ronnie would take off 3 months after the O (training as well), to let his body heal. Cutler would take a few months after the O, just train light to maintain, mostly focus on doing cardio, and GET HEALTHY. With how drug use has escalated in the last 20 years, I have the feeling this is just a "necessary evil" with the absolute top dogs (who can afford to do it) these days-- and I think with Ramy, we're just seeing an even-more-extreme version of it.

-David
                        Big Ramy is a "1 in a billion" man with a freakish response to ANY anabolic input ( training, diet and of course " Vit S").

It's possible that he takes half the year off and just hits the gas , training and diet for the one big show each year.
                        IF he's really doing that, he's going to come back about the same each and every year.
                        Until THAT isn't good enough, he can keep winning the big one.

It's like running a 100m in 9.8 - 9.9 sec and winning every big race for a few years.
                        Then , some freak like Bolt comes along and runs a lot faster with a 9.59.
                        At that point you can't keep winning unless you match the new standard.

Yates did this at his 2nd Olympia when he came in with the famous " black socks- dinosaur" look .

Comment

It's all about genetics

Comment

Originally posted by triceps View Post
                            It's all about genetics
                            True 'dat

However, I think the bigger issue is , genetic response to BB drugs.
                            I think Lifepulse is saying we may have entered the period where "drug response" is the MAIN reason for success in BB.

In simple terms, in the 1960's it was 90-95% genetic response to training and diet with a small % for vit S.
                            Today, it maybe be 80% genetic response to exotic BB drugs and maybe 20% to training and diet.

I dunno, what the exact % is, but drug response is clearly VERY important in BB success now.

Comment

Did Levrone improve once he had 7/8 mth layoffs every year?
                              No
                              In fact his quads regressed a little

Did Ramy improve on the back of a 7 mth layoff?
                              No
                              Most people say he was worse this year.

Ramy and Levrone both have godlike genetics (in whatever form that is) but 7 mth layoffs every year doesn't help.
                              *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

In all sports, is necessary resting for a few weeks or reducing intensity after peak performance ... but leaving the sport altogether for months? That's nonsense and it won't work.
                                http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                                X