Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Amazing example of supporting the sport, with facts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kanon View Post
    well her physique would also flow a whole lot better without the implants and pointy delts.
    Again, I think of us "fans" may be missing some points?

Remember back in the 90s and shit, pre-social-media, when we all debated "how much shit the pros took"? When we still all believed that so-and-so (Mike O'Hearn?) might be natty? Yes, we all "know better" now, but we didn't, back then.

I was just at the Olympia this year, watching the wellness prejudging. The expo was absolutely packed to the gills with young girls who were watching all the pros, cheering on their favorite ones.

I got the distinct impression, from talking to a few of them, that they have ZERO IDEA that these girls' butts might be fake. And, if you were to sit there and argue with them and debate with them all day long, they would righteously protest that their favorite athlete would NEVER do that, she has elite genetics, the rest might be frauds, but SHE is not.

I have the feeling many felt that way about Shanique's boob/delt combo. The "younger breed" truly DOES think "a lot of this stuff is real"-- just like we did, with pro wrestling and Synthol, when we were young and impressionable.

So while WE see the silliness of it all-- I'm not convinced that "the kids", do.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
      I'm just saying, "seeing trending and what seems hip, and the direction things have gone in the past", I see Shanqiue as "something marketable", and Sarah, not so much. No disrespect OR accolades meant, for either girl. Just a "feeling" I have.

I think they don't want to make all divisions equally marketable. They have bikini, wellness and figure for it. Fitness has always been for few girls since it takes much more talent and work.

Likewise with men, they have classic and mens physique to be commercial. Ramy is very famous in his country, but he doesn't have a commercial aspect. And his sponsor is not the most correct of all.

I feel like with the change in ownership of the Olympia, things are very different than they were with Pecker.

I also agree, Shanique was plastic-- and that ain't necessarily great-- BUT, it IS "what the young kids like", from what I can tell. I have a 12 year old daughter. It is so openly admired and embraced-- fakeness, not work ethic-- that I just don't see that genie being put back in the bottle, anytime soon. SO, "hard work" being the model, over "crazy alien look, that is still feminine"-- I don't think the former is going to move the DIVISION forward, over the next 5-10 years. All I'm saying.
      This is a remarkable point, and we can see that fake aspect grow in all divisions. But interestingly, WPD and WBB don't usually have a lot of SEO aspects.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

This is a remarkable point, and we can see that fake aspect grow in all divisions. But interestingly, WPD and WBB don't usually have a lot of SEO aspects.
        Again, I agree with all of the points that you made within my post. I don't think the IFBB "cares" that much if WPD and WBB are "marketable", because they know neither division will ever draw the numbers that the "pageant" divisions will-- so why fight the uphill battle?

Same time-- I think they ARE becoming more "cognizant", of trying to control the "androgenization" issue. At least, I thought so, until this specific example with Sarah. I guess we'll see in time, I could be totally wrong, might not be relevant.

I ALSO agree that WPD and WBB don't seem to display the SEO of other divisions. Training-wise, they also seem to train much smarter than men, with much less injury overall. And from annecdotal reports, female BB's truly ARE much more "social and friendly" with one another, than the men tend to be. So who knows, the lack of Synthol/SEO could be a "male/female" thing?

-David

Comment

Has anyone considered that Arnold is trying to lessen the odds of a death either just before or post contest? Arnold has spoken out against the open division recently. He can't have the Arnold Classic without the Arnold Classic. No one is dropping dead in the pageant divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
            Has anyone considered that Arnold is trying to lessen the odds of a death either just before or post contest? Arnold has spoken out against the open division recently. He can't have the Arnold Classic without the Arnold Classic. No one is dropping dead in the pageant divisions
            Could be, good point. This is honestly why I stopped working with almost all competitors in 2017 (after Dallas passed), and I work almost only with “lifestyle” clients now- conscience was starting to weigh on me more and more, with the direction competitors were going.

-David

Comment

Could be, good point. This is honestly why I stopped working with almost all competitors in 2017 (after Dallas passed), and I work almost only with “lifestyle” clients now- conscience was starting to weigh on me more and more, with the direction competitors were going.

-David
              Having done a bit of coaching myself, I totally agree that the lifestyle clients are much easier to work with and are not as 'crazy' in the sense that they can get good results and be very happy with that. Competitors are usually head cases who second-guess everything you tell them and do so many things behind your back out of being OCD or neurotic.
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

Having done a bit of coaching myself, I totally agree that the lifestyle clients are much easier to work with and are not as 'crazy' in the sense that they can get good results and be very happy with that. Competitors are usually head cases who second-guess everything you tell them and do so many things behind your back out of being OCD or neurotic.

Lifestyle clients are screwed up too, and have their share of "issues", they just wear them deeper/not as on the surface-- so coaches usually don't have to deal with it, and just "get them in shape". I somehow attract all head cases, but I myself am a head case, so I suppose that makes sense. (And I have also had to learn a lot more psych stuff BECAUSE I am a head case, so that helps with coaching as well.)

But the very nature of "basing your worth on your appearance, when drugs are available to use"-- it IS GOING TO PROMOTE MAKING BAD CHOICES, simple as that. Don't compete, but live the lifestyle, and you'll probably be fine. Live the lifestyle and compete, and you WILL compromise your "beginning" standards at some point. I know a lot of competitors who claim "they never did that"-- but when I get them to really talk about it, it's always a lie, every single one of us, at some point, questioned our own sanity, and whether we should be doing what we were doing.

That's just the nature of the sport. And it attracts insecure people with something to prove-- like me. People who are secure don't feel compelled to make themselves miserable for months on end, and miss out on basic happiness (like "being social" and shit like that), so they can be "judged on stage" for the "conditioning of their glutes". Sorry bro, nothing in the world at this point is convince me that there is an underlying healthy psychology that drives that decision, for a SINGLE competitor out there. But then, that can be said of many things-- pushing yourself to be rich, beautiful, smart, whatever. Not limited to bodybuilding competition, but bodybuilding competition feeds off of it.

So yeah-- competitors suck. More emotionally invested, more emotionally fragile, usually more broke and less in-tune with reality. Not a winning combo, if you're looking to coach people. I still work with a few-- people I am personal friends with, from years of knowing each other-- but it's like 3-4 at a time, max.

-David

Comment

I competed because I wanted to see if I was up to the task.

Prepped myself, trained by myself and thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of prep.

Gave me an almost naive level of self belief after I did it too.

Thought if I could do it, look respectable and succeed by making it to the stage with horrible genetics that I could literally do anything else I put my mind to.

So for me, personally, it was life changing and wholly positive and rewarding.

Confidence skyrocketed too, so wasn’t such an insecure person after it. Knew I had some degree of control over myself, physically and mentally. That’s pretty empowering and motivating.

So yeah, quite a journey that I personally got a lot out of.

MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

What you're failing to accept, Beti-- despite all of your Buddhist knowledge of "acceptance"--

That's just how the world IS now. It has literally morphed, in crazy crazy crazy ways, in the last 10-20 years alone. I don't know if it's because of the rate of information transmission (internet). I think it's more the evolutionary unfolding of left-brain dominance (read "The Master and the Emissary", very hard, but worth it). BUT, anybody who tries to ACTUALLY build a brandable product around "long-term hard work and investment", is NOT going to be making money for long. Bodybuilding is "no longer about that", because it CAN'T be "about that"-- because PEOPLE are "no longer about that". (Yes, a few are. But the overwhelming majority are NOT. And they, too, want the fucking muscles. SO, what mentality do you think wins out?)

Keep fighting the good fight, Beti-- but you are going to die frustrated, brother.

-David
                    Lol, I wasn't making a complaint about how things work, just a factual observation.

There is no solution that way, just more stress and neurosis. Depression and existential emptiness will increase because the meaning of life is going to be lost. This could be the time that Nietzsche announced as nihilism, but this is an unconscious nihilism, it is not an active nihilism. He is the last man, the one who ends everything and the one who is most difficult to kill.

But Western culture is only a small part of the total population, belief in religion will increase by 2050, since the rich and industrialized countries, educated in atheism, are going to have a birth crisis. Meanwhile, poor countries like India are going to increase their populations.

At the same time, all democratic / liberal institutions have been proven corrupt and trust in them has been declining.

It seems like a recipe for disaster: population growth, resource depredation, AI, and more religion.

By the way, I loved the book by the Japanese author that you recommended to me even though I noticed a cultural distance that is impossible to overcome. But I could still feel many of his thoughts in myself.
                    Last edited by Beti ona; November 10, 2021, 03:09 PM.
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Lol, I wasn't making a complaint about how things work, just a factual observation.

There is no solution that way, just more stress and neurosis. Depression and existential emptiness will increase because the meaning of life is going to be lost. This could be the time that Nietzsche announced as nihilism, but this is an unconscious nihilism, it is not an active nihilism. He is the last man, the one who ends everything and the one who is most difficult to kill.

But Western culture is only a small part of the total population, belief in religion will increase by 2050, since the rich and industrialized countries, educated in atheism, are going to have a birth crisis. Meanwhile, poor countries like India are going to increase their populations.

At the same time, all democratic / liberal institutions have been proven corrupt and trust in them has been declining.

It seems like a recipe for disaster: population growth, resource depredation, AI, and more religion.

By the way, I loved the book by the Japanese author that you recommended to me even though I noticed a cultural distance that is impossible to overcome. But I could still feel many of his thoughts in myself.
                      Without purpose and meaning in life, what’s the point of getting out of bed in the morning?

I think we should all find what drives us, what piques our interests and go all in, give it all your attention & energy and live your absolute best life possible.

Otherwise, it just ain’t good. I lived a life for years all about taking on as little responsibility as I could focusing on only short term gratification and my life was complete dogshit, nothing but chaos, drama, endless fuck ups and miserable mostly.

Thank god I woke up and got my shit together or 100% I’d not be here today annoying all you on here!
                      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Arnold is a smart guy. He can't lose the open but given all the recent tragedies and outside media exposure recently. TMZ is all over the recent deaths. He's giving the sport a more gentle face
                        I dunno what pro BB should do.

I'd be fine with just having classic and bikini, but the main issue is having the shows survive and make $$.
                        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                        X