Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What is it with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with...

All the Instagram videos of pros taking private jets?

I think it’s so cringe & such a waste of money.

Thoughts?
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

No idea. But this is a different generation and they like to show off and get likes. They need to save that money for when bbing is over
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
      No idea. But this is a different generation and they like to show off and get likes. They need to save that money for when bbing is over
      Don’t they cost like 50k a pop though?

Surely there’s better things to spend money on than 2 hours on a plane purely for the purpose of posting it on Instagram?

Just me? Am I “jus jelly bruh”???

Think I’d rather put it into a deposit for a house, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
        Although Mike, in my 20’s when I was making so much money I worked out that I could have bought a new Ferrari CASH for what I spent on my, umm, ‘lifestyle’ ha ha.

Still, I always got a nice Christmas card every year off the Escobar family ha haaaaaa.

Oh well. I had fun. I think. Before pretty much most things (at that time) went completely to shit. I was such a maniac back then, I’m amazed I’m still alive to tell the tale really.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

Although Mike, in my 20’s when I was making so much money I worked out that I could have bought a new Ferrari CASH for what I spent on my, umm, ‘lifestyle’ ha ha.

Still, I always got a nice Christmas card every year off the Escobar family ha haaaaaa.

Oh well. I had fun. I think. Before pretty much most things (at that time) went completely to shit. I was such a maniac back then, I’m amazed I’m still alive to tell the tale really.
          ROFLMFAO

Been there myself. Great memories though.
          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

Surely there’s better things to spend money on than 2 hours on a plane purely for the purpose of posting it on Instagram?

It’s between $2-10k per hour. You could get 5 people to chip in a couple of grand and take a trip but you know what I could buy with $2k much less 10K?
            SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

I hope they are not the same ones who later have a disease and cannot pay for good insurance, and have to open a gofundme.

When I was young I thought that wasting money was okay if it was whores, supplements, gear, tuning or party drugs.

Now I'm older and I like to think about spending it on supplements, massage therapists, and some new equipment for the home gym.
              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Private jets are for athletes making big money Premier League , NBA and Conor McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
                  Private jets are for athletes making big money Premier League , NBA and Conor McGregor.
                  Not pros living in tiny one bedroom apartments, struggling to pay bills.

Comment

I grew up loving rock and roll music in the 80s-- hair rock and all that shit, "over the top" big. All about sex and drugs and rock and roll. BUT, that culture was never really about "material wealth".

In the 90s, as hip hop took center stage, that ethos shifted (not BECAUSE of hip hop; hip hop just reflected it)-- and 'swag and material possession' became the defining feature in many ways-- "I'm gonna' get mine!"

During that period, they started doing MTV Cribs, to show us all the wealth those musicians had. And I distinctly remember, the rap stars started going out and literally renting really expensive exotic cars (lambos) and mansions-- that they didn't REALLY own, or couldn't REALLY afford-- just so they could give the IMPRESSION TO THEIR FOLLOWERS that they were "living that big"-- which then helped make them MORE POPULAR (grew their brand)-- so they could sell MORE albums-- make MORE money--- and ultimately BECOME that wealthy.

It was the ultimate form of "fake it until you make it"-- rent and fake wealth and material possession so much, that others start to worship you, and give you material possessions. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Around that time, we also started having "influencers"-- people like Paris Hilton, who served no discernable purpose to the world or society-- not an artist, not a thinker, not a baker-- other than "her presence". She had no "good" to sell, other than "her SELF"-- her "brand". SO, we entered an era where people were made wealthy JUST FOR BEING WHO THEY WERE-- because they were "perceived" as superior people, even though they hadn't actually done anything to get there by their own efforts. This has now grown into the main form of making money for the new generation-- the Kardashians, all the influencers, etc. It is a new model for transmitting goods and services, never seen before in the history of human civilization.

To that end-- the fitness industry is just as shallow, if not more so, than any other industry-- and appeals to commercial vanity and wealth. SO, I'm sure it's nothing but "fitness influences" figuring out the same exact scheme that the rappers did in the 90s.

It's just stupid crap-- more stupid crap-- like saying "I take Cell Tech" when you take gear-- painting a false image, to make money off of people who don't know better, and want to believe the false image you present. It's happening in EVERY industry-- but the fitness industry used to "officially" be about "hard work". It no longer is. It is now about "living your best life"-- which means having round shoulders, being part of a power couple, and flying in a private jet.

Dorian got the fuck out at the right moment in time-- he was the pinnacle, and could have never flourished in this era.

-David

Comment

Yes, Its cringe. Ms. Physique Olympia and her man like to show off their Jet trips every once in a while. Out of all the Ms. Physiques Olympians she is the most confident one and that's goes a long way. Maybe that is part of that whole confidence and image making. who knows.

I am not a big fan of flashy people. Shanique looked like she came from nothing and was not that confidence and I relate to that much more.

Comment

I’m gonna develop an an image template that shows you walking out of a jet down the steps!

I’ll get so rich from that I’ll be able to afford my OWN private jet. Right?

Comment

How many 90’s pros did we see with flash cars all end up broke?

I see this private jet thing the same way.

Fuck I hate this side of social media. But, anything we see that implies success & wealth is always going to get attention isn’t it?

Its just how human nature is mostly wired I guess.

Comment

It's 20th Century!! Everybody wants freedom of choice.. What else we can do??

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedFitness View Post
                              It's 20th Century!! Everybody wants freedom of choice.. What else we can do??
                              21st mate! (Damn that must have been a good party you were at)

Comment

Working...
                              X