Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Vic Richards breaks his silence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Richards breaks his silence!

Even though GI reported that Vic's daughter (who wished to remain anonymous) verified that he was alive the day after his death was reported on Wednesday, it seemed very odd that Vic himself would not post even a brief message on his Facebook to confirm. Late last night he finally posted this:

Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

"Please stay tuned for I shall be making a video announcement in the next couple of days."
    did he fake his own death to create publicity for his announcement?

Comment

Giles called it
      Uncrowned MO supplements coming .
      Most likely felt need of publicity
      The way he express himself seems like he has been around Kai for awhile ,geez just get to the point

Comment

So he faked his death as a publicity stunt? Only major public figures like Hitler and Elvis pulled this one before.

edit​​​edit: yep^^, Giles is a smart guy for seeing through Vic's strategy

Comment

Praise the Lord and buy my Uncrowned pre workout

Comment

Is Victor in the sups business?

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
              Well people going to buy it ,that stuff brings you back to life

Comment

Originally posted by 1Patrick View Post

Well people going to buy it ,that stuff brings you back to life
                Launches Easter! New product ‘Resurrect’. Bet you.
                MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
                  Vic says ; " My holy fart powder will release the evil spirits, out your demon hole ."
                  I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by greuc View Post
                    So he faked his death as a publicity stunt?
                    Says who?
                    According to his own statement, it were others who started the rumors.
                    A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
                    mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

"Others" started the rumors about the death of a guy who isn't and has never been a major figure in this industry, and after a couple of day he appears denying that rumor and tells people to stand by for a big announcement, probably something to sell under his own name

Some of us remember Vic's publicity stunts and how he was making bullshit claims regarding his diet and how was better than Dorian Yates and all others, despite never stepping his foot on a professional stage.

Comment

I know it's silly, but for those mocking him for using PR for his supp line (if there's truth to that)-- isn't that the same shit that non-dead, non-dramatic pros do to kids as well? I mean, yeah, faking your death is classless. But bullshit, lies-based sales tactics to impressionable youth-- who really cares about the "how"? All the same shit-- he just wasn't a pro, and thus had to find his own bizarre way of getting there (similar to Piana).

I guess my point is: all the drug-users promote OTC products and act like "THOSE are what gave them DOZ GAINZ!!!!"-- when WE all know it's total bullshit-- but when we were YOUNG, first reading the magazines, we did NOT.

Well, that entire market still exists-- and people in the fitness industry will always be looking for ways to exploit it, and make money off of it.

Some do it with CellTECH. Some do it with Uncrowned, I guess?

Same shit, different scent.

-David

Comment

Yes my new pre workout powder is called holy spirit and my new protein powder is called hail mary.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
                            I know it's silly, but for those mocking him for using PR for his supp line (if there's truth to that)-- isn't that the same shit that non-dead, non-dramatic pros do to kids as well? I mean, yeah, faking your death is classless. But bullshit, lies-based sales tactics to impressionable youth-- who really cares about the "how"? All the same shit-- he just wasn't a pro, and thus had to find his own bizarre way of getting there (similar to Piana).

I guess my point is: all the drug-users promote OTC products and act like "THOSE are what gave them DOZ GAINZ!!!!"-- when WE all know it's total bullshit-- but when we were YOUNG, first reading the magazines, we did NOT.

Well, that entire market still exists-- and people in the fitness industry will always be looking for ways to exploit it, and make money off of it.

Some do it with CellTECH. Some do it with Uncrowned, I guess?

Same shit, different scent.

-David
                            Good post and I agree with your basic premise.

However, savvy use of social media allows numerous unethical people to peddle absurd hype and misinformation.

The avg person needs heroes and icons to believe in, to get a mental break from their mundane lives.
                            Countless products, have a charismatic, popular figure, make absurd claims about using it.

In the case of BB, you needed a top tier pro to gain the maximum impact...UNTIL the explosion of social media.
                            Now, it's all about the person's posted image and social media foot print. It's all about creating and then marketing your social media "brand".

For me, the main problem isn't using a popular persona to market a product.
                            It's using a fabricated, virtual persona that doesn't exist nor accomplish anything in "real life".
                            This kind of person is only concerned with THEIR world and doesn't have any accountability to the sport.

For example, a former or current pro BB, may make some silly claims promoting a supplement.
                            It may be junk, BUT at least your supporting an actual pro that's a real part of the IFBB pro league.

In my observations, by promoting junk , the pro will eventually lose credibility with the BB fans.
                            The supp brand they promoted can also lose most of the market share they initially gained.
                            In my OPINION, the sport of BB, eventually holds them accountable.

It's VERY different when a " virtual fitness personality" promotes their own brand via social media.
                            Most of the marketed audience is buying the person and getting their products in support of them.

Since the persona uses " being a renegade outsider" to their benefit, they are the only one to be held accountable.
                            If the supps are garbage, they can claim, the "industry insiders" are trying to control what gets out to the public.
                            Their supps work so well, you need to double down on using them. Of course it's total BS, but they have your $$, so wtf.

Since the majority of their fans and customers totally believe in THEM, very few will ask critical questions.
                            In fact, those that question the worshiped figure will be viewed as heretics and be ridiculed .

To me a lot of marketing on "social media" is akin to the ageless fable ;
                            " The emperor has no clothes"

This is the story of a con man who convinces the emperor he made him a rare set of clothes .
                            However only those fit to be royalty could see the fabric . The con artists knew everyone would pretend they could
                            see the clothes, because they didn't want to seem "ordinary".

Finally, while making a public appearance, wearing his wonderful new clothes, a child cried out ;
                            " The emperor is naked". The public gasped and feigned horror .
                            The game was over , and the now embarrassed king quickly walked inside to cover up.

In the end, on social media , LIKE = mindless loyalty NOT liking = hater.

Last edited by Howard; November 15, 2021, 11:35 AM.
                            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

I don't understand so much hate on Victor, has he made up this gossip? Why right now? He doesn't seem to be in the bodybuilding industry for 20 years. Is he selling supplements or train programs?
                              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                              X