Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Bob Bonham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Bonham

I remember Kevin Levrone saying Bob changed his life forever when he drove him 9 hrs to NPC nationals in 1991
    Strong and Shaply gym was one of those hardcore BB old school gyms and Bob used to be a well known guy back then
    MOB you probably knew the guy
    I remember MD did some camps at his gym and get together at parking lot
    I only met him briefly .RIP
    Bodybuilder and promoter Bob Bonham has died and there are some very sad details regarding his passing. Learn more about the situation here.

RIP
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Great guy and real passionate iron warrior. Like countless meathedz, I made the pilgrimage to train at " Strong and Shapely" back in the 90's.
      Bob ran one of the best gyms I ever set foot in . His death is sad news and he touched many lives . His life mattered !
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
        Great guy and real passionate iron warrior. Like countless meathedz, I made the pilgrimage to train at " Strong and Shapely" back in the 90's.
        Bob ran one of the best gyms I ever set foot in . His death is sad news and he touched many lives . His life mattered !
        I’ve figured old school guy like yourself would know him.
        He ran tight shiip no BS in his gym.Kids these days put towels,cellphones,drinks etc on 4-5 different machines to hold up others .Every gym could use Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Patrick View Post

I’ve figured old school guy like yourself would know him.
          He ran tight shiip no BS in his gym.Kids these days put towels,cellphones,drinks etc on 4-5 different machines to hold up others .Every gym could use Bob.
          Bob was a great guy he told me his ex wife calls him the Mayor Of Bodybuilding lol. I attended the MD picnic at Bobs gym. A unique event where I met Ron Harris for the first time. I hung out with Bob at the Arnold, we talked and he expressed how he missed being a part of the IFBB and was a bit hurt by that. I told Bob you still love bodybuilding to enjoy the expo and Arnold weekend. We got along very well he introduced to Mr Moss of better bodies and other old school guys. Bodybuilding lost the true Mayor and Bob had a true heart he let my son sell lemonade at his gym one Saturday. I am very fortunate to have known Bob.

Comment

I sat next to him at the nabba universe here in UK in I think must have been 2007.

Top chap. We had some great talks about our love for bodybuilding.
            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

I only visited his gym that one time MD had the party/cookout there, but wow! He had tons of new equipment but also tons of rare vintage pieces going as far back as the 1960's. It was like a museum, except you could use them all if you wanted to. RIP Bob
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                I only visited his gym that one time MD had the party/cookout there, but wow! He had tons of new equipment but also tons of rare vintage pieces going as far back as the 1960's. It was like a museum, except you could use them all if you wanted to. RIP Bob
                The coolest bodybuilding event ever!

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post

The coolest bodybuilding event ever!
                  Bob Bonham's, Strong and Shapely Gym

This gym was a direct reflection of Bob's deep and abiding passion for the spot of BB.
                  I'm sorry, I missed that gym & MD picnic open house. Damn, I really missed out.

I remember him involved with a lot of NGA natural contests?
                  Like me and the Mayor, I don't think Bob was totally against pros using juice.

In the end, he just wanted the focus to be on training, diet and building real muscle.
                  Bob just loved seeing a great bodybuilder posing and busting ass while training.
                  I didn't personally know him well, but, I liked the man .

That's my impression of Bob . His life mattered and he will be missed.
                  I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                    Ron, are there any videos or photos from that visit?
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                    X