Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Do you believe the promoters and judges actually care about the health of the athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe the promoters and judges actually care about the health of the athletes

Hell no come in bigger freakier and more ripped than ever fill the seats and show me the money

Many promoters have been athletes in the past, so I feel like they don't want to deal with some tragedy.

But in general, human life is secondary to profit. That is the world we live in.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

They don't wish harm on them, but really, it's not their place or responsibility. That's on the athletes.
      Muscular Development Online Editor
      FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

question, then, i've competed at shows where there is an EMT there in case someone get sick or doesn't feel well, so i guess that means they care bout ur health right? to me i think they do. it's just me tho.
        MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Of course they do but this sport doesn't attract the most the most well rounded people and there's nothing they can really do
          WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

If the competitors and fans encouraging all these damaging habits don't care about their own health, then why would the promoters, judges or federations give a shit about it? And whenever something bad happens, everything is swept under the rug and people move on to the next death.

Comment

No promoter wants an athlete to get seriously ill or die before during or after their show. It's bad for business on a lot of levels. Bodybuilding is a cult sport the vast majority of fans, promoters and judges train and either competed or still compete. This is a sport for and by meatheads. We all know the score . It's like Fight Club
              Bodybuilding has a huge catch 22 and that is a sport with obvious PED use will never go mainstream and honestly the natural product is too boring to go mainstream. That's something Ben Weider never really understood. It's a reason Arnold is only keeping the open and the pageant divisions. It's easier to sell physique or figure to the general public

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                They don't wish harm on them, but really, it's not their place or responsibility. That's on the athletes.
                Bingo!

The burning desire to win often exceeds health concerns.

You've hit upon something that's very personal for me.
                I really did compete in several UN-tested contests in the 90's WITHOUT using juice.
                Doing bodybuilding on MY terms, with MY values was MORE important than contest success.

I used the contest to help me, be my best. BUT, refused to betray myself in the process

If some guy wanted to take "whatever" to beat guys like me, more power to 'em.
                I shook his hand, said congratulations and life goes on after the contest.
                I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Bingo!

The burning desire to win often exceeds health concerns.

You've hit upon something that's very personal for me.
                  I really did compete in several UN-tested contests in the 90's WITHOUT using juice.
                  Doing bodybuilding on MY terms, with MY values was MORE important than contest success.

I used the contest to help me, be my best. BUT, refused to betray myself in the process

If some guy wanted to take "whatever" to beat guys like me, more power to 'em.
                  I shook his hand, said congratulations and life goes on after the contest.
                  Can we here how you competed naturally again? its inspiring every time
                  WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

I believe that all sports federation, amateur or professional, has a duty of care towards its athletes/competitors and to encourage safe practices.
                    Yes, bbing involves drugs, but there were never these issues 20+years ago and I think its time that maybe the sports governing bodies look at ways to curb the death toll and health issues being experienced by competitors in recent times.
                    To say that its not the place or responsibility of a pro sports organisation to improve the level of safety amongst its members, I believe just ignores the issues and shows a lack of leadership.
                    Last edited by photoflex; November 20, 2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post

Can we here how you competed naturally again? its inspiring every time
                      You must be the kind who's inspired by Special Olympians.

Comment

I find the athletes that compete in the Special Olympics much more inspiring than those in the able-bodied Olympics.
                        To achieve and perform some the feats performed in the Specials Olympics is amazing to watch

Comment

Originally posted by photoflex View Post
                          I find the athletes that compete in the Special Olympics much more inspiring than those in the able-bodied Olympics.
                          To achieve and perform some the feats performed in the Specials Olympics is amazing to watch
                          In all modesty, I'd be an epic source of inspiration for you, when on stage in a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
                            Of course they do but this sport doesn't attract the most the most well rounded people and there's nothing they can really do
                            That's it, you got me on that post. 100% serious.

The sane train pulled out of the BB station long before I donned a posing thong.

So excuse me, while I finally make my peace with this crazy bitch .

Peace out bro

Comment

Originally posted by photoflex View Post
                              I believe that all sports federation, amateur or professional, has a duty of care towards its athletes/competitors and to encourage safe practices.
                              Yes, bbing involves drugs, but there were never these issues 20+years ago and I think its time that maybe the sports governing bodies look at ways to curb the death toll and health issues being experienced by competitors in recent times.
                              To say that its not the place or responsibility of a pro sports organisation to improve the level of safety amongst its members, I believe just ignores the issues and shows a lack of leadership.
                              We have a thread on this, you should check it out.

https://forums.musculardevelopment.c...-or-do-not-act
                              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                              X