Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

So you are a prep coach….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you are a prep coach….

And you have a client that wants to do Nationals, but is clearly not ready for Nationals, do you tell him to wait or go ahead and prep him knowing he will be in last call out?

I didn’t watch the entire show but there were allot of CPD guys that were not ready for this level of competition
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Some of the FBB, looked like they started their diet a few weeks before the show.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
      Some of the FBB, looked like they started their diet a few weeks before the show.
      Doesn’t matter how they looked on stage
      After they will post on insta hashtag Orlando Nationals their friends will tell them they were robbed

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
        And you have a client that wants to do Nationals, but is clearly not ready for Nationals, do you tell him to wait or go ahead and prep him knowing he will be in last call out?

I didn’t watch the entire show but there were allot of CPD guys that were not ready for this level of competition
        Id say you're going to embarrass yourself fat boy.

Derek and Mike as you guys know coaches in other sports tell you how much you suck. You owe it to your client that's how the get better

Comment

Tell him to wait to safe him the embarrassment.
          It's also your reputation on the line.
          Guess who's to blame when things go South?
          A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
          mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
            Some of the FBB, looked like they started their diet a week AFTER the show.
            fixed for reality
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by 1Patrick View Post

Doesn’t matter how they looked on stage
              After they will post on insta hashtag Orlando Nationals their friends will tell them they were robbed
              Bingo!

1. The real goal for most of these types , is getting to legitimately post they're a national competitor on social media.

2. It's way too easy to qualify for the npc nationals in recent years. Back in the 80's and 90's you had to place
              top 2 in your class at a regional national qualifier. Since it was only bodybuilding then, most qualifiers
              had loaded classes. Granted a few manged to sneak by and qualify in a weak contest or compete with only 2 in their class.
              But they were rare and largely ignored if they competed at the nationals.

3. A lot of competitors in every division are CLUELESS about what really makes a great, conditioned physique.
              People in the gym now, often think I;m kidding when I tell 'em how much wt I'd actually need to lose to compete again.

They only look at numbers (like wt) and how they look under ideal lighting in a perfect position.
              Many of 'em see what the wt limit is for their class or div and try to get as close to that as possible.
              They fail to embrace , the show is judged strictly by how you LOOK .

In fact , most competitors would look better a few lbs lighter vs being a few heavier.

4. If a trainer tries to level with most competitors about not being ready:
              a.) They blame the trainer and look for a new one who tells them what they want to hear.

b) They're a "hater" and he goes to compete anyway.

c) They compete, place low and blame judging politics for their demise.

d) Should they take the trainers advice and NOT compete, they will get mad after the show.
              They'll look at the contest pics and wrongly assume they could have placed really high.
              So, they hire a new trainer who won't sabotage them.

...and on it goes with the delusional

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Id say you're going to embarrass yourself fat boy.

Derek and Mike as you guys know coaches in other sports tell you how much you suck. You owe it to your client that's how the get better
                And that is the perfect advice!

Coaches in other sports don’t hold back. We sucked at every practice and even after we won games
                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Coaches in other sports don’t hold back. We sucked at every practice and even after we won games
                  I believe every football coach I had from pop Warner on would say " Good win but we can do better. We failed to execute on every play and we lost some physical battles. "

Comment

That's just part of the football culture. It makes some sense , UNLESS it's the last game of the season .
                    Plus, most football players ( me included) tend to get cocky and obnoxious after a little success.

I remember my HS coach gave a needed dose of humility, right after we won our 7th straight game in a blow out.
                    We went up by 35 early in the 3rd qtr, so they benched all the starters and played the 2nd and 3rd string.
                    They played hard, but failed to score a TD and allowed them to score on us by the 4th qtr.
                    So, me and the other starters starting making fun of our own team mates.

The game was played at our rival school only 10 miles away. So, we cheered when the coach had the bus pull into McDonald's .
                    The 2nd and 3rd string players, went with 2 coaches inside to get a meal and praise
                    LOL< instead of a happy meal, the starters got put into the grass field behind the place . We did : up/downs , push ups , squat thrusts for several minutes.
                    The coaches walked around yelling at us, saying this is what players get that don't value being a team.

Of course this happened back in the mid-1970's . My dad and the other parents THANKED the coaches for putting us in our place.

Comment

Working...
                    X