Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Should Carlos go 212 or open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard
    replied
    Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
    Having spoken to his Dad. a lot at Nationals over this past weekend-- I just don't understand threads like this anymore. No, Carlos won't be a 212, unless he gets injured-- you heard it here first.

I feel like this sort of "speculative fan promotion" talk is not really helping the sport. It's just the blind leading the blind on repeat, and I think unknowingly contributes to a lot of the problems we repeatedly see in the sport.

So, I'll be back-- later?.... (maybe.).

Happy holidays, bros. I'll miss ya.

-David
    Thanks to social media, we've seen an explosion of self appointed "experts" on a variety of topics.
    Bodybuilding was already filled with mythic tales of massive muscle men with 24" arms at 1% BF.

I'll confess to posting my own "brain farts" on this forum over the years.
    However, if called on it, I can laugh it off , call BS on myself or just play along , etc.
    Too many others can dig in their heels, get defensive and double down on more nonsense.

Before you know it, the original topic evolves into a meathead feud LOL.

I'm actually surprised we don't get more crazy rumors about how some obscure pro used secret Vit X and now weighs 400 at 5% BF.
    I get amused by the bathroom posing prep pics. The guy is twisting like a pretzel, to get the ideal light shadow on some body part.

Imagine the BS pics posted, if the "internet photo contests" survived scandals and got more popular
    Figure and bikini babes would post shopped pics looking like Jessica Rabbit with a real girls' head LOL

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bestia View Post
    Usually the only time a competitor should try to squeeze down is if they had yet to reach a fully conditioned physique. Otherwise you're just limiting progress and becoming a pro with an imperfect physique that would be the wrong thing to do.

Based on that I believe he has only one focused direction - add incremental mass by bringing up lagging bodyparts and accept that patience will be one of his biggest tools for long term success
    Carlos absolutely dry & shredded is 212. Right now anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bestia
    replied
    Usually the only time a competitor should try to squeeze down is if they had yet to reach a fully conditioned physique. Otherwise you're just limiting progress and becoming a pro with an imperfect physique that would be the wrong thing to do.

Based on that I believe he has only one focused direction - add incremental mass by bringing up lagging bodyparts and accept that patience will be one of his biggest tools for long term success

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied
    Originally posted by Giles View Post
    Being tactical with what pro division to do at what time is something a lot of pros have to consider at some point(s) in their career.

That’s my thoughts anyway.
    But that should be a concern of the athletes, not of us, the fans.

Because of these internal debates that become external is that some say, "fuck so many different classes, in the past it was better because you could only be a bodybuilder".

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

The main problem of the current human being connected to the networks is that he is saturated with information (most of it fake or unimportant nonsense), inside or outside the industry.

So, competitors are going to make the guesses as to which division to compete in, or if they are going classic or a 212, etc ... Who the hell cares? Fuck you, you're just demanding attention. It is the same as the ones they play with with nattys or not.

All those tricks one day stop working for us the veterans, only newcomers enjoy those games.

Global Muscle is the opposite, it is not reduced to cheap tricks to generate clicks, it is content that you can enjoy and digest like a good meal.

So, let's do the same with the themes on the board.
    Yes, but surely discussing which division he should do next is important to discuss Beti?

Take Bumstead for instance. Turned pro as a bodybuilder, switched to classic, boom, instant superstar.

As an open pro would he now be as big a name? Highly doubtful.

Same with Clarida. Now qualified for open & 212, which should he do? Is coming 1st or 2nd in the 212 Olympia worth more or less then placing top ten or even top six open Olympia?

These newer divisions were brought in for athletes to suit their physiques.

Physiques like Carlos, around 220-225 onstage, could still get harder, if he dropped to 212 and did a show in the next 6-12 months that for me is a 212 pro show winner. As an open, right now, I’m not sure he could be a big threat. In time? Yes sure.

Being tactical with what pro division to do at what time is something a lot of pros have to consider at some point(s) in their career.

That’s my thoughts anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

So true Giles you kept it going during the most difficult times
    Thankyou.

Ron too!

Leave a comment:

• Griff11
    replied

Global Muscle isn’t a seasonal show mate, it’s all year round.

Even during the pandemic when there were zero shows I knocked out a 3 hour long episode every single week.

So true Giles you kept it going during the most difficult times

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied

Even during the pandemic when there were zero shows I knocked out a 3 hour long episode every single week.

The main problem of the current human being connected to the networks is that he is saturated with information (most of it fake or unimportant nonsense), inside or outside the industry.

So, competitors are going to make the guesses as to which division to compete in, or if they are going classic or a 212, etc ... Who the hell cares? Fuck you, you're just demanding attention. It is the same as the ones they play with with nattys or not.

All those tricks one day stop working for us the veterans, only newcomers enjoy those games.

Global Muscle is the opposite, it is not reduced to cheap tricks to generate clicks, it is content that you can enjoy and digest like a good meal.

So, let's do the same with the themes on the board.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied

I think we can do better when it comes to creating content and having activity between contests.

Maybe I am old and tired, but after so many years following the sport, these questions (where must X male or female athlete compete, figure or WPD, WBB or WPD, 212 or open, classic or 212....) no longer seem relevant or interesting to me. What's more, it's something that I feel is totally boring. They just must try and find their way, so why waste time playing riddles?

I'm not on instagram anymore, so that's a first step.

Leave a comment:

• 1Patrick
    replied
    This kind of brings me to Lewis gaining size having productive year off and then squeezing into 212 again year after year.If he only did let’s say 3x 212 O wins and then went straight to the big boys .All speculations but who knows by now he would have some top 3 Olympia placings.

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied

So no more speculative fan promotion then yeah?

Got it. Let’s take down the forum and we’ll just scroll on Instagram all day to get our bodybuilding news then. Great.
    I think we can do better when it comes to creating content and having activity between contests.

Maybe I am old and tired, but after so many years following the sport, these questions (where must X male or female athlete compete, figure or WPD, WBB or WPD, 212 or open, classic or 212....) no longer seem relevant or interesting to me. What's more, it's something that I feel is totally boring. They just must try and find their way, so why waste time playing riddles?

I'm not on instagram anymore, so that's a first step.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeUK
    replied

I thought Nate Spear could possibly go 212 as a pro too. Turns out he’s in the mid 240’s!!!! So taller & heavier than I estimated.

Joel Thomas was another I mistook for his dimensions. He looked about 5’10” and 260-270 to me? Nope. 5’7” and around 225.
    Aye, heights are hard to quantify from pictures. Nate has really been consistent in his improvements. In five years he has upped his stage weight from 215 to 245. Gradually increasing bw every year. He's a proper bodybuilder. He also came from a really bad place in his past life and turned his life right around.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
    Having spoken to his Dad. a lot at Nationals over this past weekend-- I just don't understand threads like this anymore. No, Carlos won't be a 212, unless he gets injured-- you heard it here first.

I feel like this sort of "speculative fan promotion" talk is not really helping the sport. It's just the blind leading the blind on repeat, and I think unknowingly contributes to a lot of the problems we repeatedly see in the sport.

-David
    So no more speculative fan promotion then yeah?

Got it. Let’s take down the forum and we’ll just scroll on Instagram all day to get our bodybuilding news then. Great.

Leave a comment:

• lifepulse
    replied

-David

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied

Heath's back was bad in the beginning, so there is some hope for Carlos.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. LOL, great minds think alike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X