Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Was anyone impressed with this past NPC competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was anyone impressed with this past NPC competition?

2021-NPC-National-Championships-1024x536.jpg9279265.jpg
    Attached Files

Chelasea Deon did awesome she deserved her win I was also impressed with Eric's Physique he's going pro soon.

Comment

I was impressed with the turnout numbers in bodybuilding. I was impressed with the overall winner and a couple others. In contrast to most years, I was not impressed with some of the lower weight class winners. I am usually blown away by the freaks at lightweight, etc but not this year....some guys definitely earned pro cards who are going nowhere ever.

Comment

I thought bodybuilding was very good. The heavies and supers were particularly competitive. Classic was very deep

Comment

I think it was a very satisfying show
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
            I thought bodybuilding was very good. The heavies and supers were particularly competitive. Classic was very deep
            Good overall assessment and I agree.

On a personal note, I'm pleased to see Classic becoming popular . There was some real quality and depth in the nationals line ups.
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

That was Awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Good overall assessment and I agree.

On a personal note, I'm pleased to see Classic becoming popular . There was some real quality and depth in the nationals line ups.
                Kids love classic, sure kids will always want to be freaks. Classic is attainable

Comment

Kids love classic, sure kids will always want to be freaks. Classic is attainable
                  I disagree with classic being "attainable " , at least in terms of a top tier classic pro.
                  Like any division, you need to be in great condition.
                  BUT the ideal shape and structure to be a top classic pro is MORE genetic then getting massive.

Plenty of 5' 9" guys have competed as ripped 190 lb bodybuilders.
                  But almost none of them looked anything close to Frank Zane on stage.

I also think being a top tier bikini or MPD pro is more genetic then open bodybuilding or WPD.
                  The top bikini pros look sexy and just plain HOT on stage.
                  No amount of training or supps can make an ugly girl look "bombshell hot".

It's the exact same idea with MPD. The top guys are all hunky , handsome beach bodies.
                  If you don't have a good look and the right structure, you won't win at the top level of MPD.

Comment

I disagree with classic being "attainable " , at least in terms of a top tier classic pro.
                    BUT the ideal shape and structure to be a top classic pro is MORE genetic then getting massive.

I also think being a top tier bikini or MPD pro is more genetic then open bodybuilding or WPD.

It's the exact same idea with MPD. The top guys are all hunky , handsome beach bodies.
                    If you don't have a good look and the right structure, you won't win at the top level of MPD.
                    I agree about genetics when it comes to those divisions structure and God given gifts do play the biggest role. Most guys even today just aren't going pro. Yet those divisions allow for people to compete on the amateur level and be relatively competitive. Most people are happy to place if you truly get down to it. Although mpd and classic demand great structure and classic shape. Someone can do well locally by getting peeled and not taking 3 grams of gear. As you say Howie the open has certain demands that not every person is willing to or able to afford.

Comment

I agree about genetics when it comes to those divisions structure and God given gifts do play the biggest role. Most guys even today just aren't going pro. Yet those divisions allow for people to compete on the amateur level and be relatively competitive. Most people are happy to place if you truly get down to it. Although mpd and classic demand great structure and classic shape. Someone can do well locally by getting peeled and not taking 3 grams of gear. As you say Howie the open has certain demands that not every person is willing to or able to afford.
                      I totally agree with your rational for having MPD and classic of course, especially for state & local contests.
                      However, in my OPINION, a young , lighter guy can get a complete contest experience in classic more then MPD.
                      Why? The physiques will be similar BUT the classic guys get to do most of the same basic BB poses with a couple artsy shots.

To me, getting to comparison pose / flex in the prejudging and a posing routine for the night finals is the main deal.
                      In my observations most of the top guys in MPD could also do well in classic.
                      So, it all comes down to being able to compete by posing and flexing vs just standing semi tight on stage.

Having said THAT a guy is 100x better off getting tight and competing in MPD then never getting in a contest.
                      Last edited by Howard; December 20, 2021, 11:02 PM.

Comment

This really is nonsense.

It is much more difficult to get Mister Olympia look than someone like the champion of classic, bikini or mens physique.

At the amateur level, it is easier to compete in any division where condition or size is not required.

Looking like Zane or Labrada is genetic, but no more than looking like Flex, Ronnie or Dexter.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

This really is nonsense.

It is much more difficult to get Mister Olympia look than someone like the champion of classic, bikini or mens physique.

At the amateur level, it is easier to compete in any division where condition or size is not required.

Looking like Zane or Labrada is genetic, but no more than looking like Flex, Ronnie or Dexter.
                          No doubt being a pro BB legend takes a lot of genetic talent.
                          You can train to gain mass and lose fat, but it won't remove the ugly.

Comment

No doubt being a pro BB legend takes a lot of genetic talent.
                            You can train to gain mass and lose fat, but it won't remove the ugly.
                            That is why, if you think about it, it is quite stupid to argue about whether an athlete should be classic, 212 or open.

A great athlete will look good wherever he competes, it all comes down to whether he wants to work hard and eat large amounts of food to gain size or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

That is why, if you think about it, it is quite stupid to argue about whether an athlete should be classic, 212 or open.

A great athlete will look good wherever he competes, it all comes down to whether he wants to work hard and eat large amounts of food to gain size or not.
                              If that wore true Dorian Yates could win the Olympia,50- 60 lbs lighter in classic or 212 ? WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X