Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

mr olympia date announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr olympia date announced

the week before christmas ? still a little shocked they are doing this this late ? im still going but i know there will be many people skipping it because of the date . also planet hollywood is the host . hopefully the stage isnt too big . all this does is create more bad seats and people viewing the athlete form the side which is garbage . they kept bragging about how big the stage was in florida .......

Opinions vary on show dates and venues .

In my opinion, the mid Dec date and Zappos theatre in Planet Hollywood Vegas is GREAT.

Think about it...this stage will help give a real Vegas show look to our biggest contest.

Of course, if it were up to me, the Olympia criteria would be based on looking the most like Zane ..
    BUT that might not be in the best interest of the contest and most fans LOL
    Last edited by Howard; December 28, 2021, 09:30 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

I’ll be there if I have to start walking/swimming bloody NOW!!!

A little piece of me inside died not being at the last two Olympia’s, not gonna lie.

Romania and two pro shows in Spain kept me going, just.
      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

I don't understand that date change, I think it's better to keep it like this year, in September / October.

Celebrating in December, no one will have time to take a break and prep for the Arnold.
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
          I don't understand that date change, I think it's better to keep it like this year, in September / October.

Celebrating in December, no one will have time to take a break and prep for the Arnold.
          I’m guessing it was the only weekend available at that venue in Vegas mate?

I guess I can just ask Dan or Jake though.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

I’m guessing it was the only weekend available at that venue in Vegas mate?

I guess I can just ask Dan or Jake though.
            But this year they got the place in the usual datess.

It is strange, in 2020 we had the cancellation of shows due to covid, but this year part of normality was recovered and the shows were not canceled or delayed, and the Olympia was on the usual dates, although not the Arnold.

Why in 2022 we return to December like in 2020?

Comment

who know's . but we were told that as of right now they will be going back and forth between vegas and florida .

Comment

Ok, so you think they should keep the early fall date because it's better for the next ARNOLD classic ?

That's like taking a vintage corvette out of the garage , so we can park our family Truckster

Comment

Originally posted by damien308 View Post
                  who know's . but we were told that as of right now they will be going back and forth between vegas and florida .
                  Spoke to Jake Wood about this in Romania, this is the plan moving forward but he did say nothing was set in stone right now.

I’m guessing they’ll gauge the success of this next Olympia in Vegas.

Comment

Spoke to Jake Wood about this in Romania, this is the plan moving forward but he did say nothing was set in stone right now.

I heard they will be altenating between Vegas and Orlando. Im biased bc Orlando is 2 hours away and the set up is just nice and easy. But, its VEGAS!!!
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

This. Its a short turnaround.

Even back when the O was at Mandalay Bay it was in October
                      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                      2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

bad idea , several people won't go because it's so close to the holiday . i talked to several vip's that already said they wouldnt .

Comment

I’ll be there if I have to start walking/swimming bloody NOW!!!

A little piece of me inside died not being at the last two Olympia’s, not gonna lie.

Romania and two pro shows in Spain kept me going, just.
                          Columbus and the early explorers made it across the Atlantic in wooden sailing ships using the stars to navigate

If those low tech fuks can safely cross the Atlanta 500 yrs ago, I see no reason you can't make it.

Didn't that one journalist cross in 1965 in a sailboat named Tinkerbell?
                          Once you hit N. American soil, rent a family Truckster and head to Wally World via Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Columbus and the early explorers made it across the Atlantic in wooden sailing ships using the stars to navigate

If those low tech fuks can safely cross the Atlanta 500 yrs ago, I see no reason you can't make it.

Didn't that one journalist cross in 1965 in a sailboat named Tinkerbell?
                            Once you hit N. American soil, rent a family Truckster and head to Wally World via Las Vegas.
                            Probably just fly over. Bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Ok, so you think they should keep the early fall date because it's better for the next ARNOLD classic ?
                              That is one of the reasons, but not even the main reason.

Why change a date that has been kept for decades? I do not like meaningless changes, in the same way, I would rather see a greater concern in improving the scenery and lighting than in renting a luxurious place.

Comment

Working...
                              X