Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

mr olympia date announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard
    replied
    Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
    The reason is always about money. Fewer people will go to the show on that date but maybe more will buy the PPV?

But this is not the best for fans who want to see the best at Arnold and Olympia.
    Last I looked it's PRO bodybuilding.

If the promoters couldn't make a profit, they'd have Ramy ringing a bell by a collection bucket in front of the venue.

The sign would say ' Help a freak pose down "

Leave a comment:

• damien308
    replied
    Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Vegas is cheap in December. Lower attendance before Christmas so I assume they are getting a better deal. Jake has already upgraded venues Planet Hollywood is much better than the Orleans. While Florida's rates go up in December
    positives and negatives with everything . i stayed at planet hollywood earlier this year . parking can be a nightmare .also it seems like you gotta walk a mile to get to your room . on the plus side you are already on the strip , and the theatre does look alot better of course. im just concerned with my seat being lousy.

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied
    The reason is always about money. Fewer people will go to the show on that date but maybe more will buy the PPV?

But this is not the best for fans who want to see the best at Arnold and Olympia.

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied
    That makes a lot of sense, but if there is less public attending before Christmas, there will be less profit from ticket sales.
    Maybe?

Griff is correct that basic issues like production costs are the likely reasons for the Dec date.
    Plus, with the recent Omicron break out came a bunch of renewed travel restrictions.
    Getting the longest lead time away from that, gives the best chance of NOT dealing with those problems.

Bottom line is the DEC contest date had more to do with $$ and travel issues, then anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied
    That makes a lot of sense, but if there is less public attending before Christmas, there will be less profit from ticket sales.

Leave a comment:

• Griff11
    replied

This year the show was in October, it is to be hoped that next year covid will not be a major than this year.

The change to December does not appear to be related to the pandemic.

So athletes had 8 months to prepare from 2020 to 2021, and now they will have 14 months from 2021 to 2022. It doesn't make sense.
    Vegas is cheap in December. Lower attendance before Christmas so I assume they are getting a better deal. Jake has already upgraded venues Planet Hollywood is much better than the Orleans. While Florida's rates go up in December

Leave a comment:

• Beti ona
    replied
    Originally posted by Howard View Post

The date was changed due to Dec in response to the covid pandemic.
    Ya know, it's tough to compete if a travel restrictions prevent you from getting there.

The 2022 Dec date gives a full year between Olympias .
    This year the show was in October, it is to be hoped that next year covid will not be a major than this year.

The change to December does not appear to be related to the pandemic.

So athletes had 8 months to prepare from 2020 to 2021, and now they will have 14 months from 2021 to 2022. It doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Harris
    replied
    One thing that will change is - no post-Olympia shows where athletes can pick up an early qualification for the next year. All those shows in Romania, Spain, Italy, etc will have to happen in the fall and early winter now.

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied
    Originally posted by Giles View Post

What if I fall off wrong though? What then?
    Would James Bond fall off? I think NOT

If you makes you feel better, I'll be there to break your fall.
    I'm a fat gas bag, so I can double as an effective air bag.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied

Ok, you can take a normal flight to the Vegas airport.
    BUT, you need to arrive at Planet Hollywood via helicopter ,hanging off a rope ladder.
    What if I fall off wrong though? What then?

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied
    Originally posted by Giles View Post

Finnnnne. Jeez.
    Ok, you can take a normal flight to the Vegas airport.
    BUT, you need to arrive at Planet Hollywood via helicopter ,hanging off a rope ladder.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied

Is that what James Bond would do? Fuk no!
    He'd scuba dive being pulled by a damn nuclear sub...undetected.

Ok, if you do need to fly, at least parachute over Vegas and land on the roof of Planet Hollywood.
    Finnnnne. Jeez.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by ahmad73 View Post
    great to see it back in VEGAS were it belongs just hope i can get back there one day though theres nothing enticing about Orlando
    at all to spend several thousand getting there
    Err, what about STAR WARS world?!??

Leave a comment:

• ahmad73
    replied
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied
    Originally posted by ahmad73 View Post
    great to see it back in VEGAS were it belongs just hope i can get back there one day though theres nothing enticing about Orlando
    at all to spend several thousand getting there
    King Kamli retired from pro BB and became the new Shamu whale act at Orlando Seaworld.
    They considered having him doing a guest routine at this last Olympia in Orlando.
    But, it got canceled when they realized he'd splash everyone doing his signature belly flop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X