Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What would you like to see happen in 2022?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    I would like to see Physiques like Regan Grimes,Samson, and Rafael be rewarded. These guys have a look that is a great combination of size and muscle quality with nice shape!
    The best overall COMBINATION of mass, shape, cuts, conditioning ,balance and effective posing should win.

    For example, Nick Walker isn't my favorite type of physique.
    He's known for freakish mass and size, but his conditioning is what brings home the win.

    Regan Grimes is known for shape, cuts and balance.
    BUT, he's a BIG man with plenty of mass on the pro contest stage.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Howard View Post

      Some established pros can remain competitive after 40. However, none of them got better after 40 .
      Shawn Rhoden, 2018. 43 years old, best ever version by a mile mate.

      Kamal. 2019 Olympia, 212, 48. He was at his best ever for that.

      Francis Benfatto. 2006 Australian pro. Over 50 (I think), biggest & best ever.

      John Citrone. 1998 Nabba Universe. Mid 50’s. Could have won overall.

      Rusty Jeffers. Legion Sports Fest 2021. Over 60, biggest and best he’s ever been.

      Vince Taylor. Didn’t really even peak until he was way over 40. Over 50 maybe it was.


      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
        I would like to see Physiques like Regan Grimes,Samson, and Rafael be rewarded. These guys have a look that is a great combination of size and muscle quality with nice shape!
        That was actually the top three at the EVLS Prague show last November mate, so there is hope!
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Giles View Post

          Shawn Rhoden, 2018. 43 years old, best ever version by a mile mate.

          Kamal. 2019 Olympia, 212, 48. He was at his best ever for that.

          Francis Benfatto. 2006 Australian pro. Over 50 (I think), biggest & best ever.

          John Citrone. 1998 Nabba Universe. Mid 50’s. Could have won overall.

          Rusty Jeffers. Legion Sports Fest 2021. Over 60, biggest and best he’s ever been.

          Vince Taylor. Didn’t really even peak until he was way over 40. Over 50 maybe it was.

          Well slap my arse and call me Mary .

          I agree with all of those , except Jeffers being his best now at 60.
          He was born in 1964 and his 2021 win was in the over 50. No biggy, obvious typo

          Vince Taylor is now 65, and he was at his best 20 yrs ago during his masters O wins.

          However, both men and those on the list prove that 40's can be a great age for some bodybuilders.

          Perhaps, these over 40 peaks were due to them finally pulling things together?
          Maybe, they'd have been even more impressive if they did the same things 10-15 yrs earlier?
          Unlikely we'll ever know, but it's an interesting question?
          Last edited by Howard; January 9, 2022, 02:25 PM.
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by greuc View Post
            You can be reborn up to a certain age though, after that you're just an aborted fetus.

            Once you're over 40, things get tougher and rougher even for regular people in their day to day life, work and relationships, not to mention those who compete in performance sports that are riddled only with young prime athletes in the 20-30 age range.
            That's a good point, now, look at Bonac. He seems that at the Arnold it will be better than at the Olympia. And he is one of the most veteran.

            Roelly can still return to his best level, no one knows what his situation has been this season, he did not even seem like he wanted to compete in so many shows. Never say that someone is finished just by a bad season, Kuwait has many resources.
            http://betionastore.es/

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

              That's a good point, now, look at Bonac. He seems that at the Arnold it will be better than at the Olympia. And he is one of the most veteran.

              Roelly can still return to his best level, no one knows what his situation has been this season, he did not even seem like he wanted to compete in so many shows. Never say that someone is finished just by a bad season, Kuwait has many resources.
              I still have faith in Roelly too mate.
              MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Giles View Post

                I still have faith in Roelly too mate.
                I think he's done now, like Cedric and a few other pro vets.

                I think some of this is mental (aka 'burn out').
                Maybe you can relate but, after my last contest, I just felt something 'break' inside.
                It wasn't physical , but I knew I couldn't deal with putting myself thru any future contest preps.

                Maybe, guys like Roelly or Cedric lost the drive to push thru a 100% contest prep ?
                Being a pro freak in decent shape, you'd look incredible next to the avg gym rat.
                However, once on stage with dialed in pros, your once great physique has lost some luster.


                I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                Comment


                • #53
                  Phil Clahar. 47, hit his all time best last year as well.
                  MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Howard View Post

                    I think he's done now, like Cedric and a few other pro vets.

                    I think some of this is mental (aka 'burn out').
                    Maybe you can relate but, after my last contest, I just felt something 'break' inside.
                    It wasn't physical , but I knew I couldn't deal with putting myself thru any future contest preps.

                    Maybe, guys like Roelly or Cedric lost the drive to push thru a 100% contest prep ?
                    Being a pro freak in decent shape, you'd look incredible next to the avg gym rat.
                    However, once on stage with dialed in pros, your once great physique has lost some luster.

                    They are 2 different cases, Roelly's life is bodybuilding, while Cedric is more diversified in other occupations.

                    Cedric competes for fun or to inspire others with his routines, not so much for the money or the prestige of collecting titles.

                    Roelly has made many more sacrifices to try and win the Olympia.

                    Roelly may be more drained, physically and mentally. But anyone can recover after a good period of rest. The questions are; does he have serious injuries? His body is not responding to gear as well as before?
                    http://betionastore.es/

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Giles View Post

                      I still have faith in Roelly too mate.
                      We always say the same thing, bodybuilding is a marathon ... but many here speak as if it were a short-range sport.

                      Roelly can be what he was before or follow a downhill path, we will see that when he returns to compete. But let's not kill him before his time.
                      http://betionastore.es/

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

                        They are 2 different cases, Roelly's life is bodybuilding, while Cedric is more diversified in other occupations.

                        Cedric competes for fun or to inspire others with his routines, not so much for the money or the prestige of collecting titles.

                        Roelly has made many more sacrifices to try and win the Olympia.

                        Roelly may be more drained, physically and mentally. But anyone can recover after a good period of rest. The questions are; does he have serious injuries? His body is not responding to gear as well as before?
                        Glad to hear that about Cedric and that sounds like a sensible path for him to stay active in this game.

                        Like any elite athlete, Roelly could get it together for one more triumph. We shall see.
                        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          The problem with Cedric is that fans no longer expect him to bring something surprising or to be a favorite for the top places.
                          http://betionastore.es/

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Cedric always pulls it out of the bag at the Arnold though. Let’s see.
                            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I'd be very surprised if Cedric made it to the top 5
                              http://betionastore.es/

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                                I'd be very surprised if Cedric made it to the top 5
                                He was WAY down in size at the Legacy show. Id love to see him nail it but I think that ship has sailed
                                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X