Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My biggest issue with natural bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest issue with natural bodybuilding

I'm one of those bodybuilder types, that's competed with and without using juice.

In that light, it annoys me to hear drug free bodybuilders voice an air of moral superiority .

Just because, you don't use steroids, doesn't make you a better bodybuilder or person.
    Like me, you decided NOT to use and still compete.

OK fine, I'm down with that, but let's get real .
    Those that want to compete on the highest level will do what it takes to get there.
    Alas, using the juice alone won't get you the promised land of the Olympia stage.

When judgement day comes, they don't ask what you're on , or even how you trained and prepped.
    Sorry my friends, all that matters is how you LOOK on that stage.

Soooooooooo, let's just STFU , train and let the best physique win.

'nuff said, Howard
    Last edited by Howard; January 5, 2022, 04:14 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    I'm one of those bodybuilder types, that's competed with and without using juice.

In that light, it annoys me to hear drug free bodybuilders voice an air of moral superiority .

Just because, you don't use steroids, doesn't make you a better bodybuilder or person.

Those that want to compete on the highest level will do what it takes to get there.
    Alas, using the juice alone won't get you the promised land of the Olympia stage.

When judgement day comes, they don't ask what you're on , or even how you trained and prepped.

'nuff said, Howard
    Yup!! Totally agree with you! Athletes are continuously seeking for methods to get an advantage over their competitors in the world of sports.

While sophisticated strength and conditioning training, as well as proper diet, might help, some athletes go a step further by using performance-enhancing pharmaceuticals (PEDs).

AAS are one of the most often utilized PEDs among sportsmen. They have been demonstrated to enhance muscle mass, resulting in greater speed and power production.

Athletes that use AAS may expect to acquire 5–20 percent more strength and 4.5–11 pounds (2–5 kg) more weight and also look more attractive in the workout outfits than the so called natural bodybuilders, which may be related to an increase in lean body mass.

AIDS, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cancer, and renal and liver illness are among disorders that can cause muscle loss. While not as prevalent, AAS can be utilized to assist retain muscle mass in certain groups.
    ​​​​​​​
    Anabolic steroids are commonly used to improve muscular growth, strength, and power output in strength sports such as bodybuilding, powerlifting, and Olympic weightlifting.

Muscle strength, size, and power are all closely related to overall success in these sports.

While the aim of bodybuilding is to have the most muscular mass in a specific category, strength and muscle size are closely connected, while other factors also come into play.

Comment

Good post BF!

Skip Lacour once said ; " Don't use being drug free as an excuse to suck as a bodybuilder."

I promoted one drug tested contest . Suffice to say, it was one and done.
      In summary , despite my efforts we got a lousy turn out and I actually lost a few bucks promoting it.
      The highlight was hearing this beast with 13" pipe cleaners , bitch and whine about losing.
      He claimed the bigger, thicker guys beat him because they were able to beat the test.

I used a urine test , collected at the Friday night check in.
      I had it set up with the local Quest labs to run the winner's samples, right after the prejudging sat morning.
      I got the results back that afternoon and you couldn't win without passing the piss test.

Of course, Mr pipe cleaners said that was wrong because I didn't drug test EVERY contestant.
      Despite this being on the entry form and announced by me 3x at the check in and prejudging, he was still upset.
      I finally just shrugged and said ; " The bottom line is , you can't win unless you pass the drug test ." Then I walked away and ignored him.

FYI, my overall men's open winner , was a BIG guy , who was a 6 ft 2" and competed *well defined around 220 .
      Like big Ronnie he'd played college football and was still into lifting and competing. He was just a BIG, , wide, strong looking dude.
      He not only passed my piss test, he competed as a 242 lbs power lifter in a fed that used urine testing.

For far too many delusional gym rats, DRUGS are the reason anyone is bigger then them .
      For those already using, the bigger, better guys are just on more drugs aka , the ' Bostin Loyd' myth .

Comment

'nuff said, Howard
        There IS a moral superiority because there is a line that we natties didn't cross, you don't play Russian roulette with your health, fat people (gluttony) and smokers, for example, also play Russian roulette with their health

Comment

Gear is awesome. I loved blasting it when I competed. I’d be as giddy as a schoolmouse when prep time came up!

Deciding what I was going to take & when and knowing the effects it would have on me physically & mentally? Oh man, good times. Even the sore glutes from jabbing double shots of winny then tren etc. All totally worth it. Loved every minute of it.

Not even joking here. Completely serious.
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

love that feeling on though now starting to feel how much longer will use

Comment

Originally posted by triceps View Post

There IS a moral superiority because there is a line that we natties didn't cross, you don't play Russian roulette with your health, fat people (gluttony) and smokers, for example, also play Russian roulette with their health
              I'm the same man , with the same morals and values with or without steroids in my body.
              In my OPINION, a man's character is determined by how he lives and not by one trivial issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad73 View Post
                love that feeling on though now starting to feel how much longer will use
                Thanks to you and Giles for some honest input on this controversial topic.

I can relate to Giles enjoyment from using juice,BUT , your concern, deeply moved me .

For me, the decision to stop using after almost 4 yrs , was based on the same basic concern.
                How long can I keep doing this before I run into problems*?

* Theses problems* were largely health and financial $$ concerns. I knew it was past time to 'up the dose' , BUT,
                I was unwilling to spend more money or take bigger health risks. So, I quit 'cold turkey' and kept lifting.

EVERYTHING you love about bodybuilding will still be there if you stop using.

The key is to accept is that your personal BB life is a fun hobby and healthy lifestyle .

Comment

I'm the same man , with the same morals and values with or without steroids in my body.
                  In my OPINION, a man's character is determined by how he lives and not by one trivial issue.
                  Tbh I try to love my neighbor as myself, which is not always easy, but that's Jesus commandment

Comment

Thanks to you and Giles for some honest input on this controversial topic.

I can relate to Giles enjoyment from using juice,BUT , your concern, deeply moved me .

For me, the decision to stop using after almost 4 yrs , was based on the same basic concern.
                    How long can I keep doing this before I run into problems*?

* Theses problems* were largely health and financial $$ concerns. I knew it was past time to 'up the dose' , BUT,
                    I was unwilling to spend more money or take bigger health risks. So, I quit 'cold turkey' and kept lifting.

EVERYTHING you love about bodybuilding will still be there if you stop using.

The key is to accept is that your personal BB life is a fun hobby and healthy lifestyle .
                    Little bit of test is all I use nowadays. Keeps me Tigery.
                    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

Little bit of test is all I use nowadays. Keeps me Tigery.
                      Feeling " tigery" sounds like a pep chant from a zumba class

My advice is to dbl your test dose and stick your face in your wife's crotch ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by triceps View Post

Tbh I try to love my neighbor as myself, which is not always easy, but that's Jesus commandment
                        My nearest neighbors just got divorced and sold the house.
                        Been there, done that myself, but I didn't love it or want to do it again.

Comment

Biggest issue is the same issue as being vegan
                          They never shut the fuck up about it,
                          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

My only problem is the fake nattys, which are the majority of the ones, unfortunately, and are blatantly lying when no one really cares (or shouldn't care).
                            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                              My only problem is the fake nattys, which are the majority of the ones, unfortunately, and are blatantly lying when no one really cares (or shouldn't care).
                              My feeling is on lying about being natural = " Who cares " .

In the biggest shows, most juice and nobody gets tested, so it's a NON-issue.

If they want to walk around the gym and claim their 16 inch 'cannons' are 100% natty , ok , fine.
                              To me it's like a girl who won't admit to having a boob job or being a bottle blonde.

LOL, does she , or doesn't she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X