Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

True Novice has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

People in this industry are crazy
    Bodybuilders have always been extreme and anti-social in terms of conventional morals within society.
    Being a rebel , renegade or outlaw 'bad ass' was always part of the appeal.
    Thanks to social media , internet drugs and allowing several crossovers for inflated entry fees, it's gotten worse.

Bodybuilders and bikini babes have always been attention whores LOL
    Back when I started , the chances to show off were limited .
    Now with social media, the chance to get attention is unlimited .

Fitness babes , using photo shop to give them a Jessica Rabbit curvy figure ,as they smile for the next IG flirt pic.
    Never mind the the countless gym babes and bros posting , heavily edited , ' training videos'.

Posting pics of the food they eat is the most self-absorbed trend going.

In my OPINION, most of this fitness based social media is adult age 'show and tell' .
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Bodybuilders have always been extreme and anti-social in terms of conventional morals within society.
      Thanks to social media , internet drugs and allowing several crossovers for inflated entry fees, it's gotten worse.

Fitness babes , using photo shop to give them a Jessica Rabbit curvy figure ,as they smile for the next IG flirt pic.
      Never mind the the countless gym babes and bros posting , heavily edited , ' training videos'.

In my OPINION, most of this fitness based social media is adult age 'show and tell' .
      I don't consider those people acting that way to be selfish or narcissistic, which are the virtues of a good bodybuilder.

When you seek the attention of a group and the likes of strangers, you are not selfish, you are simply a slave to the fashion of the moment, you depend on the tastes of the group, of others.

Bodybuilding I interpret it more in terms of internal growth (the philosophy of the French school) than exhibitionism, of course, if you are a competitor, then you must show your body, but not to the general public, to the judges, the most devoted fans and some experts.

Unfortunately, the industry has grown so large that it is filled with strange and delusional subjects who have no intellectual maturity or understanding of the history of physical culture.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

This!!! Some bikini and wellness girls post EVERY meal and every gym session! But, I did rock the Hot Skinz tights and the T-Michael Rag Top when I trained! LOL
        SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
        2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

I don't consider those people acting that way to be selfish or narcissistic, which are the virtues of a good bodybuilder.

When you seek the attention of a group and the likes of strangers, you are not selfish, you are simply a slave to the fashion of the moment, you depend on the tastes of the group, of others.

Bodybuilding I interpret it more in terms of internal growth (the philosophy of the French school) than exhibitionism, of course, if you are a competitor, then you must show your body, but not to the general public, to the judges, the most devoted fans and some experts.

Unfortunately, the industry has grown so large that it is filled with strange and delusional subjects who have no intellectual maturity or understanding of the history of physical culture.
          I love bodybuilding , but c'mon , a lot of this 'look at me' posting on social media , is pretty 'self absorbed ' ( if you prefer that term to 'being selfish').
          Sometimes ya need to be honest about your own house and call out the flaws .

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

This!!! Some bikini and wellness girls post EVERY meal and every gym session! But, I did rock the Hot Skinz tights and the T-Michael Rag Top when I trained! LOL
            Can you imagine the pics we would have posted had IG been around when we were young meathedz

Comment

I love bodybuilding , but c'mon , a lot of this 'look at me' posting on social media , is pretty 'self absorbed ' ( if you prefer that term to 'being selfish').
              Sometimes ya need to be honest about your own house and call out the flaws .
              Well, you can be "selfish" like Arnold or like Dorian.

For me, the term selfish fits more in Dorian's mentality, someone focused on oneself who does not care about others, while Arnold always acted in a way that he could convince others that he was great.

Comment

Well, you can be "selfish" like Arnold or like Dorian.

For me, the term selfish fits more in Dorian's mentality, someone focused on oneself who does not care about others, while Arnold always acted in a way that he could convince others that he was great.
                I think Yates was private and introverted while Arnold is charismatic and extroverted.

No doubt about both men being self absorbed when it came to training for contests.

Comment

Yes, I agree with that distinction.

I don't like extroverts.

Comment

Can you imagine the pics we would have posted had IG been around when we were young meathedz
                    Yeah me doing a rail of Ketamine, followed by X and G would not have been good! Thank GOD there was no cameras!!!

LOL Story time. So back in the late 90s/early 2000s we ALWAYS went to see the Arnold then would head to a club where the after party was. Crazy times. So once the club let out a bunch would go to my boys place for more partying. We did the normal meathead cocktail of X/K and GHB. So one of our friends like to have guys bang his wife. So we are all upstairs doing whip its and bumps of K when her husband asks, where is so and so and my wife. LOL We all knew where they were. So we go downstairs and they they are, in a chair with her ridng him. We all stand around and watch when he says....Mike, go on and join. Well, im no bitch so I join and my other friend breaks out the old school, on the shoulder camera (the same one I used to tape him banging a stripper). Thank GOD it was too dark in his house to film. Good times!!!

But I would DREAD having shit online if we were able to from years ago. I was young and dumb and that shit can catch up to you when you are older.
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

Yeah me doing a rail of Ketamine, followed by X and G would not have been good! Thank GOD there was no cameras!!!

LOL Story time. So back in the late 90s/early 2000s we ALWAYS went to see the Arnold then would head to a club where the after party was. Crazy times. So once the club let out a bunch would go to my boys place for more partying. We did the normal meathead cocktail of X/K and GHB. So one of our friends like to have guys bang his wife. So we are all upstairs doing whip its and bumps of K when her husband asks, where is so and so and my wife. LOL We all knew where they were. So we go downstairs and they they are, in a chair with her ridng him. We all stand around and watch when he says....Mike, go on and join. Well, im no bitch so I join and my other friend breaks out the old school, on the shoulder camera (the same one I used to tape him banging a stripper). Thank GOD it was too dark in his house to film. Good times!!!

But I would DREAD having shit online if we were able to from years ago. I was young and dumb and that shit can catch up to you when you are older.
                      Nice adventure

Comment

I like it best in the seventies where I went to watch my first contest Mr. Washington 1977. There were were only 2 classes of body building men's novice and open. Nothing else and everyone that competed looked like they belonged on stage. Ed Corney was guest poser and he posed to theme from Rocky!!

Comment

Working...
                        X