Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Why the avg gym rat should use CPD ht/wt ratios ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the avg gym rat should use CPD ht/wt ratios ...

No, I'm not advocating anything related to PED use here, either pro or con.
    I am advocating using CPD ratios , to help guide the vast majority of gym rats.

Let's get real and admit that over 90% of serious gym rats won't compete as a hvy or super hvy wt in open bodybuilding.
    For most, the excess wt ( aka fat) will be slapped on, in the misguided hope of becoming a massive freak.

I'd wager, the vast majority would be better off going for the upper end of the ht/wt limit for their classic physique division.
    Use waist measurement and BF% along with arm size and overall wt as the ideal guide for gains.

Last edited by Howard; May 4, 2022, 11:14 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Who the hell cares? LOL

There have always been gymrats obsessed with the scale and lifting heavy weights and gymrats obsessed with flat stomachs and low BF%.

I was one of the first group, thanks to the influence of the magazines and stories of the most massive bodybuilders, to say that it did not work too well for me because I put on more fat than muscle especially since for years I decided to put aside the cutting diet and was a perpetual permalbulker, but it was a fun ride, no regrets.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
      Who the hell cares? LOL

There have always been gymrats obsessed with the scale and lifting heavy weights and gymrats obsessed with flat stomachs and low BF%.

I was one of the first group, thanks to the influence of the magazines and stories of the most massive bodybuilders, to say that it did not work too well for me because I put on more fat than muscle especially since for years I decided to put aside the cutting diet and was a perpetual permalbulker, but it was a fun ride, no regrets.
      Good, honest answer and I've 'been there -done that ', myself.
      Most hardcore bodybuilders loudly preach ; ' you can't flex fat '

Waddling around with 50 (or more) lbs of extra wt ( aka FAT) isn't bodybuilding.
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Good, honest answer and I've 'been there -done that ', myself.
        Most hardcore bodybuilders loudly preach ; ' you can't flex fat '

Waddling around with 50 (or more) lbs of extra wt ( aka FAT) isn't bodybuilding.
        But we must keep in mind that very few of those who lift with weights are interested in developing a muscular, harmonious and proportionate physique.

Most just want to lift weights and build a bit of chest, shoulders and arms, and have a six-pack for the beach. Others are focused on RM and breaking strength records, hence the popularity of crossfit.

I spent my first few years focused on gaining size, my training was not the best because I read that 80% of success is due to diet, lol, so I just focused on eating a lot of food, not always the best quality. Then I wanted to focus on powerlifting so I started to prioritize training and research and understand the science about it.

After years of being a bulk fat man and finding physical barriers in the form of discomfort and injuries from heavy weights, then I started dieting to cut and look for muscle definition, that's when I felt what bodybuilding was.

My genetics don't serve to obtain quality size, nor to be super strong in the 3 basics, nor to retain muscle when cutting, lol
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
        X