Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Is Ramy next?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Howard View Post

    Thanks for the correction.
    I knew he was from Egypt, but heard he spent most time in Kuwait training at 02 gym?
    Obviously, I'm not sure about that and was wondering if anyone knew how much time he spent at the awesome 02 gym?
    the days of him in jabriya O2 are long gone unfortunately since he parted ways with bader

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ahmad73 View Post

      the days of him in jabriya O2 are long gone unfortunately since he parted ways with bader
      Wow He's not training at that epic O2 gym?
      Damn , I had no idea.

      Ok , in your opinion, is this break with Badger going to have a negative impact on his pro BB career?
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Howard View Post

        Wow He's not training at that epic O2 gym?
        Damn , I had no idea.

        Ok , in your opinion, is this break with Badger going to have a negative impact on his pro BB career?
        He broke with Bader awhile ago. Since the split he's won two Mr Olympia's

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

          He broke with Bader awhile ago. Since the split he's won two Mr Olympia's
          To paraphrase a famous love song:
          If being with Bader is right , Rammy is happy being wrong.
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

          Comment


          • #35
            Bader has not pressed the politics of judging, nor has he sponsored the Olympia or other shows with his gym brand. So he is not that influential in the results, although he could be if he wanted to, but it does not seem to be his style.

            It's quite extraordinary, as most of the sheikhs entering western sports are investing tons of money for their teams to win titles or keep the best players. They even buy the FIFA World Cup to take it to a shitty country like Qatar.
            http://betionastore.es/

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

              I don't know if it's fair to evaluate the champion in this way, but I think this is a fairly shared sentiment.

              Dorian was the shadow and could get away with not doing too many appearances or interviews, but these days, fans demand a few more things from the champion.
              Thank you for responding back, mate. We can all agree the bodybuilding scene has changed leaps and bounds since the Shadow era. As I grew up in Bulgaria, I remember flocking to the news stands with my gym homies to buy bodybuilding magazines as back in early 2000s this was my only source of bodybuilding information. Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, and some other locally printed ones you guys have probably never heard of. I can only imagine how it felt during the Golden years of bodybuilding and the mass monsters era, where Dorian dominated. Sometimes I wish I had seen it the way it has been - no internet, no social media. With regards to the demanding fan base of today, I agree, and we should be blaming the phenomenon of social media.

              Not that this correlates with this thread, however, think of the split between MD & D. Palumbo back in the day. Would this have spilled the way it did had it not been for the emergence of YouTube and social media? If this had happened back in Dorian era, no one would've given a flying foxtrot, or at least, that's how I see it.

              Last but not least, I really appreciate the fact that this forum is still alive with a thriving community. It's great to see people that registered 15+ years ago still active. That's just amazing!

              Comment


              • #37
                so what you guys are saying is you want the Mr Olympia to be the Mr Politics, and you still want to call this pageant a sport?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Giovanni_da_Varna View Post

                  Thank you for responding back, mate. We can all agree the bodybuilding scene has changed leaps and bounds since the Shadow era. As I grew up in Bulgaria, I remember flocking to the news stands with my gym homies to buy bodybuilding magazines as back in early 2000s this was my only source of bodybuilding information. Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, and some other locally printed ones you guys have probably never heard of. I can only imagine how it felt during the Golden years of bodybuilding and the mass monsters era, where Dorian dominated. Sometimes I wish I had seen it the way it has been - no internet, no social media. With regards to the demanding fan base of today, I agree, and we should be blaming the phenomenon of social media.

                  Not that this correlates with this thread, however, think of the split between MD & D. Palumbo back in the day. Would this have spilled the way it did had it not been for the emergence of YouTube and social media? If this had happened back in Dorian era, no one would've given a flying foxtrot, or at least, that's how I see it.

                  Last but not least, I really appreciate the fact that this forum is still alive with a thriving community. It's great to see people that registered 15+ years ago still active. That's just amazing!
                  Hey bro, you started following the sport at the same time as me, I joined the gym in 2001 and I remember starting my magazine collection in 2003, I would read musclemag, M&f and Flex (there was no MD in the newsstand). I also got some DVDs about Ronnie and Jay, a friend from Colombia who is a big BB fan gave me the DVDs of the Arnold Classic 2005 and 2006.

                  3 or 4 years later I started in bodybuilding forums, and they were great, until youtube and social media came along.

                  Certainly the information and the photographs were much more valued because we had to wait a few weeks for the latest news and results. With the internet we have the advantage of seeing photos and videos and being able to judge almost at the same time that the shows happen.

                  The bad part is all the drama that happens between shows, in the past we would be reading the training and nutrition articles, and some interviews with undercover advertising, lol

                  Most forums are dead, but here a few crazy people continue to participate, I hope to see you more here.
                  http://betionastore.es/

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Giovanni_da_Varna View Post
                    Who do you think has represented the O title the best? I think Jay Cutler takes the cake here. Remember Phil Heath's reign of 7 consecutive titles? He wasn't a great ambassador either but he kept winning and winning.
                    Jay was the best ambassador even before he got his first win. Ronnie was also very cool.

                    Phil was pretty bad and was absolutely outshone by Kai.

                    Rhoden was just a nice guy, not too active or exciting. Brandon took great advantage of his short reign to give interviews and participate in events, a great guy. But the fans and the judges cannot allow an MO to have such poor legs.

                    I don't think Ramy will win 5 or 6 titles, not because of his lack of appearances or interviews, his physique seems to be getting worse.
                    http://betionastore.es/

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

                      Hey bro, you started following the sport at the same time as me, I joined the gym in 2001 and I remember starting my magazine collection in 2003, I would read musclemag, M&f and Flex (there was no MD in the newsstand). I also got some DVDs about Ronnie and Jay, a friend from Colombia who is a big BB fan gave me the DVDs of the Arnold Classic 2005 and 2006.

                      3 or 4 years later I started in bodybuilding forums, and they were great, until youtube and social media came along.

                      Certainly the information and the photographs were much more valued because we had to wait a few weeks for the latest news and results. With the internet we have the advantage of seeing photos and videos and being able to judge almost at the same time that the shows happen.

                      The bad part is all the drama that happens between shows, in the past we would be reading the training and nutrition articles, and some interviews with undercover advertising, lol

                      Most forums are dead, but here a few crazy people continue to participate, I hope to see you more here.
                      Thanks for your input Beti_ona, and please pardon me for the late response. Definitely looking forward to more old-school forum threads and similar bodybuilding shenanigans. Cheers!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Giovanni_da_Varna View Post

                        Thanks for your input Beti_ona, and please pardon me for the late response. Definitely looking forward to more old-school forum threads and similar bodybuilding shenanigans. Cheers!
                        You don't have to apologize, we all have too many posts to answer, it's crazy.

                        It would be great if you could participate more in the forum.
                        http://betionastore.es/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          One of his fans tore me a new asshole in YouTube comments for even suggesting he will retire, telling me Ramy will keep winning for 10-20 more years.
                          Muscular Development Online Editor
                          FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                            One of his fans tore me a new asshole in YouTube comments for even suggesting he will retire, telling me Ramy will keep winning for 10-20 more years.
                            LMAO!!! Yeah and im built like Dredd. We can all dream!

                            I have never seen a fanbase as crazy as Ramy's and Hadi's.
                            SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                            2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                              People have been traveling friends of mine been to Europe Brandon Curry he goes back and forth from.Kuwait. Jay been traveling to Canada Ramy a horrible representation of Mr Olympia. Time for a change.
                              There is a huge difference in an American citizen flying into the country and a Egyptian citizen flying into
                              the country .. smh

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X