Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Did the same show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Congrats!!! Keep doing what you're doing. Appreciate every step of your prep!
    Thx even u know preps can b hard yet fun
    MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post

Thx even u know preps can b hard yet fun
      I'm an honest, sincere man and tend to be positive about your bodybuilding.

Why not just TRY to compete 25-30 lbs LIGHTER next year?
      Trust me, I know, I know, I know, it's tough for us "mature " trainers to drop body wt.
      BUT, you could drop 1 lb a week and be looking more ripped by the end of the year.
      Keep things simple and just use the scale to gauge your progress.

THEN, dial it in and compete again next spring.

All the best and keep us posted .
      God Bless, Howard
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Trust me, I know, I know, I know, it's tough for us "mature " trainers to drop body wt.
        BUT, you could drop 1 lb a week and be looking more ripped by the end of the year.

God Bless, Howard
        that’s actually some great advice! (Let’s see the improvements at your next show) and Good Luck! (See me being positive)
        http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

God Bless, Howard
          Great advice.

One of the few cases where I would base progress purely on scale weight.

Imagine how good it would feel to destroy your previous best look.

If done slowly you’d hardly notice a drop in calories or increase in exercise.
          www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

Originally posted by leigh View Post

Great advice.

One of the few cases where I would base progress purely on scale weight.

Imagine how good it would feel to destroy your previous best look.

If done slowly you’d hardly notice a drop in calories or increase in exercise.
            Thanks to you and big Mike for knowing my comment was intended to be 100% positive and provide a clear path to follow.
            Let's just hope SOJ heeds the advice and comes in at her best , next year.

Comment

Competing and doing it right is all about losing fat, yes I know, it's not a ripped muscle contest... well a lot of success is based on that.
              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

God Bless, Howard
                This!! The goal is ALWAYS being better than the year before. Its about who can suffer the most. Yes it sucks, but seeing that detail come in week after week was a rush! You know in good preps where you get to the point you are almost like a robot!!!
                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

This!! The goal is ALWAYS being better than the year before. Its about who can suffer the most. Yes it sucks, but seeing that detail come in week after week was a rush! You know in good preps where you get to the point you are almost like a robot!!!
                  The best I looked (and did) was always a bit LIGHTER than originally planned.
                  LOL, my infamous "Zane pose pic" with 80's 'stache in red trunks, was only 193.5 lbs at weigh in.
                  I'd planned to be 198 at weigh in and at the very top of the Lt hvy class .
                  Thankfully, I listened to my gym owner, who advised me to drop down another 4-5 lbs.

Under the harsh stage lights, those 4-5 lbs made a big difference.

I know you're not a huge guy and I believe you always competed at a lighter body wt, well under 200 lbs.
                  But , holy snikey , BMC looked large and in charge on the contest stage

Comment

Working...
                  X