Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

DLB -- Posing the day after winning the Olympia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLB -- Posing the day after winning the Olympia

I saw her in the gym like a week before this hitting shoulders. She picked up the 35s and did what seemed like 100 reps of laterals. That was like the first moment I realized I was not working out hard enough haha.

Goddamn she was awesome

Is this look closer to winning WPD Olympia or Figure Olympia in 2022?

I never understood the hate that her and Rob got. Never met them, but they both seemed like goal driven, hard working people.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
      I never understood the hate that her and Rob got. Never met them, but they both seemed like goal driven, hard working people.
      I’ll take a stab at it …. Her physique wasn’t all that (weird/ misshapen quads ) and her husband seemed like he was just riding on her coattails….the lines and droves of fans (woman ) worshipping her …. She was like the “ female Rich Piana… it rubbed some people the wrong way!
      http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

No chance in the current scene, her genetic forms would be crushed by many figure and WPD athletes.

Got hate because she was the first social media star and old school fans aren't interested in that.

I suppose that asserting the natty status did not help for get support of BB hardcore fans either, but it did help to spread her popularity and brand among the general population.
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post

I’ll take a stab at it …. Her physique wasn’t all that (weird/ misshapen quads ) and her husband seemed like he was just riding on her coattails….the lines and droves of fans (woman ) worshipping her …. She was like the “ female Rich Piana… it rubbed some people the wrong way!
          Yep that and she vocally claimed to be 100% natural. Natural or not she always pushed the natural narrative in interviews etc. She’d have been better off not touching the subject.
          www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

Spot on!!!
            SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
            2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Rob acting in the supportive role, may have seemed "unmanly" for some ? I dunno,maybe some were put some off, BUT he seemed like a good dude .

To me, DLB represented the ideal female bodybuilder.

I recently saw them on this home buying reality show and they never mentioned her Ms Olympia WPD win or competing.
              They were referred to as being in the fitness biz and that's it.
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                No chance in the current scene, her genetic forms would be crushed by many figure and WPD athletes.

Got hate because she was the first social media star and old school fans aren't interested in that.

I suppose that asserting the natty status did not help for get support of BB hardcore fans either, but it did help to spread her popularity and brand among the general population.
                She looked great, but had a very wholesome image at odds with the seedy, freaky side of hardcore BB culture.

It's like riding a Honda motorcycle wearing jeans and a windbreaker ; instead of a Harley , dressed in leather chaps and jacket.

I rode a Honda ( 550 cc) for my personal transportation when I was in the USMC and for 2 years after.
                Guys that rode a Harley and wore leather , never considered me a " biker" or a Honda to be a real motorcycle.
                The thing is, I loved riding motorcycles and still do. I liked Harley's but couldn't afford one, but to them, I wasn't in the club

For some people, HOW you do something, is more important than WHAT you actually do.
                I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Add in the “Karen “ haircut and her claiming “ Natural Status “ it’s just a cluster fuck of what we can expect from these “ social media superstars!” …..Prime Cory/ Lenda/ Tonya / Anja absolutely wipe the floor with her! ….we need to get back to female champions like that! … seemed like a “ cash grab “ to me to be perfectly Honest. ….get as much as you can then get out! … where Rachel and Cory and the like really promoted the sport not just themselves!!
                  Last edited by MICHAEL ARVILLA; June 10, 2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    I recently saw them on this home buying reality show and they never mentioned her Ms Olympia WPD win or competing.
                    They were referred to as being in the fitness biz and that's it.
                    She promoted herself instead of promoting the sport, too focused on dozens of her businesses.

She didn't need to compete to be a fitness star, thousands of others have.

So, I feel like that was another point against her.

Also, she competed until he lost, and then, she retired. She sounds like someone with a weak mindset.

Some points in common with Shanique Grant.

Now in WPD you have Natalia who everyone loves her, , Broke also is great ambasagor, and Sarah putting money out of her pocket to fund the prize money.

This is a narcissistic and self-centered sport, but if you are an idiot with no respect for the sport and the hardcore culture, you will not be welcome.

Comment

We've got to reboot about ten years figure athletes weren't that big FBB got away from itself. There was a void and WPD fit it. It took awhile to evolve. There were better champions physically but none did more for the sport than Dana.

Comment

Would that be envy from those folks? It isnt like shit was handed to her. And the dude puts in work, just not in the same way. It's my opinion that the hate thrown their way was based on people's own jealousy and insecurity. Not a supporter nor a naysayer here, just the people that were rubbed the wrong way seem to me to just want to tear down success stories

Comment

Just as a side note, I have seen Dana train a few times over the years - and she trains harder than 90% of male bb's. She and Rob got a lot of hate mainly out of jealousy because of her huge fan base and later, their many millions of dollars. But I remember vividly when they were driving around the country in a van selling their early FNF T-shirts at various gyms. They earned all that money they have now.
                          Muscular Development Online Editor
                          FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Mike O’Hearn has also accomplished a lot! …but Dana and Mike Act like we are complete morons with their “ natural status “ I'm glad she trains hard and they are both hustlers ….but the question was why do they get so much hate…… because they are phony ….

Comment

Jay made millions and got no hate. Ramy, Hadi and Roelly... they have many fans in their countries and they got the people's champion award. Nobody is hating them.

Dana got her fame and popularity by selling clothes, not by having an invincible physique. That is a big difference.

I also feel that the problem is that many women before her fought for the sport, but did not get recognition.

I don't care if she work hard to earn her money, but she don't work to get recognition within the sport, the proof is that her fans are outsiders of the hardcore industry.

If you ask me, Dani Reardon had a much better physique and more commercial look than Dana. She just didn't have a husband or a team with marketing skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X