Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Dante Trudel on Deaths in Bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dante Trudel on Deaths in Bodybuilding

Dante gives his opinions in this Instagram video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeuU5x0joph/?hl=en

D has been around since the early “90’s!” (We use to chat in a AOL room …( forget the name something like Massachusetts/ bodybuilding) use to get / read his newsletter “ Hardcore Muscle” … “cycling for Pennies “ chatted on the phone/ DM’s if I had a particularly intense question) …. Never asked. Or wanted anything for all his advice! Just a good good dude who knows his shit! …. Makes a lot of great and valid points in this Instagram video!
    http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post
      D has been around since the early “90’s!” (We use to chat in a AOL room …( forget the name something like Massachusetts/ bodybuilding) use to get / read his newsletter “ Hardcore Muscle” … “cycling for Pennies “ chatted on the phone/ DM’s if I had a particularly intense question) …. Never asked. Or wanted anything for all his advice! Just a good good dude who knows his shit! …. Makes a lot of great and valid points in this Instagram video!

You are so right, Dante is a class act.

Comment

Never really followed Dante, but only ever heard great things, absolutely a guy that’s respected with a solid reputation.

Maybe I’ll ask him to come on Global. Hmm.
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Dante can go to hell, yes, I know, he is a respected man.

Damn materialistic mentality, isn't a $15 trophy worth dying for? And what is the price of life? Is a 150 billion trophy worth dying for?

First, nobody kills themselves for a 15 $ trophy, athletes sacrifice themselves to push their limits. There are many high-risk sports like climbing or bungee jumping, people can die and they don't even have an audience.

Second, Dante's solution is that athletes, as if we didn't have enough influencers, engage in business on instagram.

Those who can and want to do business on social nets are already doing so, other athletes with a (primitive?) thought only care about competing regardless of the 15 $ trophy
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I like Dante a lot, I just wonder how HE can be totally healthy when he is still carrying what looks like about 280 pounds. He is all about health and shares a lot of what he knows for free on IG. Has he found a way to remain huge like that with minimal cardiac risk???
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Competing isn’t about winning a bloody trophy, if that’s what you think it is then you either haven’t competed, been on a prep and faced the CHALLENGE of it head on and prevailed.

One of the best, most rewarding things I ever decided to do in my life was compete. It taught me a lot about myself and was a huge confidence builder that I then applied to other areas of my life.

Thought if someone like me with crap genetics could prep myself fully and win then I thought “shit, maybe I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to?”

Like I said, it was a hugely positive turning point in my life & had a powerful effect on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
                Competing isn’t about winning a bloody trophy, if that’s what you think it is then you either haven’t competed, been on a prep and faced the CHALLENGE of it head on and prevailed.

One of the best, most rewarding things I ever decided to do in my life was compete. It taught me a lot about myself and was a huge confidence builder that I then applied to other areas of my life.

Thought if someone like me with crap genetics could prep myself fully and win then I thought “shit, maybe I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to?”

Like I said, it was a hugely positive turning point in my life & had a powerful effect on me.
                Well said! I spent a lot of time and money competing in over 30 shows over 24 years, and I have zero regrets. The challenge of beating your previous best was far more significant than beating other men. And the many wonderful people I met along the way made it even more valuable.
                FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

Well said! I spent a lot of time and money competing in over 30 shows over 24 years, and I have zero regrets. The challenge of beating your previous best was far more significant than beating other men. And the many wonderful people I met along the way made it even more valuable.
                  NONE!!!! It was about being better than the previous show. The rush of being on stage is like nothing else!
                  SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                  2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                    Dante can go to hell, yes, I know, he is a respected man.

Damn materialistic mentality, isn't a $15 trophy worth dying for? And what is the price of life? Is a 150 billion trophy worth dying for?

First, nobody kills themselves for a 15 $ trophy, athletes sacrifice themselves to push their limits. There are many high-risk sports like climbing or bungee jumping, people can die and they don't even have an audience.

Second, Dante's solution is that athletes, as if we didn't have enough influencers, engage in business on instagram.

Those who can and want to do business on social nets are already doing so, other athletes with a (primitive?) thought only care about competing regardless of the 15 $ trophy
                    We take risks every time we leave the house. BBing has risks as does pro football and boxing. Shit, a boxer just passed away after a fight. Where is all the calls for boxing to be banned?
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

We take risks every time we leave the house. BBing has risks as does pro football and boxing. Shit, a boxer just passed away after a fight. Where is all the calls for boxing to be banned?
                      The elders who were reckless in the past now care about the young, they may be legitimate advice, but what if the young are not listening and are living their lives as they think is best, and just love what they do no matter nothing more?

It's not like they didn't know that competing at highest level is unhealthy or what can be the consequences. Or at least, they could have easily known if they can read and have access to the internet.

I don't know, I guess I'm just more like let people do what they want. If someone wants to carry 300 lbs of muscle and doesn't care if he dies at 40, who are we to judge?

Comment

Anybody who knowingly slowly kills themselves by being reckless with their health is either an idiot or has a serious mental health illness...

I remember that Bronson movie.......Death Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

I just loved starting a prep and for the first time ever you literally have to do EVERYTHING right! Like 100%, all planned, your training, food, supplements, sleep, gear, all of it.

When every piece of the puzzle is paid full attention to and you tell your mind what it needs to do, the body follows and the transformation you go through physically AND mentally is like nothing I’d ever experienced before.

And the closer you get to the show, the tougher it gets, your energy is dwindling but you’re demanding more and more from yourself, that feeling is quite honestly both horrible & beautifully euphoric at the SAME time.

The last 4 weeks were my favourite, they really test you, I liked that bit. Plus your body looks crazy at this point, small changes still happening every day, it’s amazing.

At my second ever show down in Wales, I was tanned up, pumped, shredded and I said to my friend “Ali, do you know what, I could literally put my clothes back on right now, walk out of here, drive home and be perfectly happy.”

The satisfaction I felt to even get to that point actually was enough to feel a rewarding sense of self, going on stage at that precise point was literally just ‘extra’.

So for me, the trophy itself is worthless, yes. But it’s what it symbolised. Rising to the challenge. And following all of it through to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                            Anybody who knowingly slowly kills themselves by being reckless with their health is either an idiot or has a serious mental health illness...

I remember that Bronson movie.......Death Wish
                            You have described a supposed problem, can you suggest a solution? Trying to warn doesn't seem to work, so should we endorse the intervention of external force by the state to protect idiots from their own idiocy?

"Once the principle is admitted that it is the duty of government to protect the individual against his own stupidity, no serious objections can be raised against future invasions."

Ludwig Von Mises

Comment

A little update -
                              Dante messaged me to clarify a couple things. I was WAAAY off on his weight. At 6-2 he is now 258 pounds, down 40-50 pounds from years past. He has been on doctor prescribed TRT since 2008-09. Still lifts heavy 5 days on, 2 days off, and on the off days he mountain bikes.
                              I should have also noted my own history with Dante - I trained DC style for about 2 years around 2005-06, and he personally helped me put my programs together, taking time to explain how all the exercises should be executed. He has probably done this with thousands of bb's over the years for free. The only reason I stopped DC was because my joints were already in bad shape and only getting worse. I wish I had done it in my twenties instead of my mid to late 30's.

Comment

Working...
                              X