Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Dante Trudel on Deaths in Bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Every time there has been a tragic event, there have always been a few voices to warn caution. How well has it worked so far?

To say that it is stupid to chase cheap trophies is not enough.

Words are gone with the wind.

Now, what practical actions can be carried out? Drug test, diuretic... or health test? How often should they be carried out? What would be the sanctions? Is someone in the Pro League raising something about this? The athletes have promoted something to take care of their health, a union? Or are they all like Nick, accept the game, know the risks involved in the sport and move on?
    This. But at that age, you dont think about your mortality.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Every time there has been a tragic event, there have always been a few voices to warn caution. How well has it worked so far?

To say that it is stupid to chase cheap trophies is not enough.

Words are gone with the wind.

Now, what practical actions can be carried out? Drug test, diuretic... or health test? How often should they be carried out? What would be the sanctions? Is someone in the Pro League raising something about this? The athletes have promoted something to take care of their health, a union? Or are they all like Nick, accept the game, know the risks involved in the sport and move on?
      I’ll tell you what’s been quite alarming to me whilst I was hearing from those in our industry from all over the World - whilst I was in hospital - was the amount of athletes having serious medical issues, like heart attacks (or heart issues, for example) that CONTINUED to compete or maintain high body weights whilst still demanding much from their bodies.

THAT is something that does need to be addressed by the entire industry. Not just the athletes themselves or the federation, but EVERYONE!

Coaches if aware of (for example) a client with a serious health issue that needs addressing should absolutely NOT continue to work with that athlete until the issue is satisfactorily addressed I believe.

I remember over a decade ago when George Farah refused to start prepping Kai (or let him go back ‘on’) until ALL his bloodwork was coming back to levels that George felt happy with.

I heard he didn’t give Kai the green light until 8 weeks before the 2011 New York Pro! Kai cut it real fine, but he still won & George put Kai’s health as priority over everything, which we need to have more of in this game. Or, we will see more athletes suffering & yes, dying.
      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Giles, medical check-ups are expensive and they are not going to reveal everything that is happening, only the best guys can do the necessary tests and analysis, but even then it is not enough to avoid tragedies in some cases.

Cedric, Meadows, Rhoden, they had money for medical tests and the mental capacity to stop and go of when necessary.
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Giles, medical check-ups are expensive and they are not going to reveal everything that is happening, only the best guys can do the necessary tests and analysis, but even then it is not enough to avoid tragedies in some cases.

Cedric, Meadows, Rhoden, they had money for medical tests and the mental capacity to stop and go of when necessary.
          But mate, say an athlete has a serious medical ‘incident’ like a heart attack, or a minor stroke, shouldn’t they really get full medical checks (bloodwork, x-rays, angiogram, etc) before they even consider continuing to compete?

I’ve been told that this didn’t happen before one of these deaths. Literally had a heart attack and was straight back in the gym & on prep, Business as usual.
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

It's always going to be the responsibility of the athlete. The organization will never demand medical clearance, and many coaches feel their job is to help the client win - at any cost. If a bb has a serious health issue and chooses to proceed with what they know will put them at great risk that's on them. Cedric, God rest his soul, had no business trying to compete after what had happened to him already.
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Beti you cant put a monetary number on your health. No matter what it costs. Everything wont be reveled and we could be gone tomorrow, but if the doc DOES see something, it can be taken care of.
              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                It's always going to be the responsibility of the athlete. The organization will never demand medical clearance, and many coaches feel their job is to help the client win - at any cost. If a bb has a serious health issue and chooses to proceed with what they know will put them at great risk that's on them. Cedric, God rest his soul, had no business trying to compete after what had happened to him already.
                We know some coaches are more irresponsible they need to be called out.

anybody reading Dallas McCarver's blood test results would have known he was doing something dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

But mate, say an athlete has a serious medical ‘incident’ like a heart attack, or a minor stroke, shouldn’t they really get full medical checks (bloodwork, x-rays, angiogram, etc) before they even consider continuing to compete?

I’ve been told that this didn’t happen before one of these deaths. Literally had a heart attack and was straight back in the gym & on prep, Business as usual.
                  Yes, of course, the people who keep pushing after serious health episodes... well, I don't know what to say about them. You cannot be a great athlete if your health is not in optimal condition.

Comment

Classic and Physique guys are in 2-4 grams of gear. Some gym rat who don't compete are taking 2 grams.

We have a massive problem and I don't see anyone going to fix it, at the end of the day it's all about short term gains, guys gaining mass and strength in order to be successful fast, and others making money.

Comment

Working...
                    X