Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

212 or height class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
    I don't like the idea of height, you already have classic for that.

Just have athletes weigh in right before they go on stage, not the day before. This will give the lighter athletes an advantage and the heavier ones will have to move to the open.
    Ht classes was how it was originally done Everyone is the same stature in the line up so it's easier to see who's more massive or well balanced, etc.

Change the 212 to 5 ft 5 and under
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Ht classes was how it was originally done Everyone is the same stature in the line up so it's easier to see who's more massive or well balanced, etc.

Again, classic works that way, so what's the point of a height-based other division?

Or the proposal is to eliminate the classic and 212, and have only open and less heavy category for short guys?
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Again, classic works that way, so what's the point of a height-based other division?

Or the proposal is to eliminate the classic and 212, and have only open and less heavy category for short guys?
        Classic is based upon a height-to-weight ratio though mate, so a 5 foot tall classic then a 6 foot classic would have similar mass-per-square-inch levels of development.

Also, I realise we had anomalies in the 212 with guys such as George Peterson & Zane Watson that were 5’8”, but I’d guess that around 90% of 212 pros are 5’5” & under.

I think the reason the 202-then-212 was introduced was due to the fact that just about all pros 5’5” & under weren’t placing highly in the open.

Dexter & Branch were (I believe) 5’6” & they were exceptional pros that did fantastic in the open, but if we really laid it out, anyone that height or less wasn’t really getting anywhere in the open.

Lee Priest, Lee Labrada & Shawn Ray were the last of the shorter guys to complete successfully in the open, but after that era drew to a close those shorter pros struggled badly to make their mark before the 210-then-202-then-212 came along.

Shit, could you imagine if there had never been the 212 or Classic? Cbum & Flex Lewis wouldn’t have had their chance to shine at all.
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

A height class for guys over 6'1 or 6'2 would be interesting. They are too tall for the open and probably the wrong proportions for classic also. It would be good to see tall men on stage, in their own class they would not have to get humongously big to to compete

Comment

In that case go with an under 4ft 10 inch midget division

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
              A height class for guys over 6'1 or 6'2 would be interesting. They are too tall for the open and probably the wrong proportions for classic also. It would be good to see tall men on stage, in their own class they would not have to get humongously big to to compete
              I suspect Mr Bumstead might disagree

Comment

This ^^

Comment

In that case go with an under 4ft 10 inch midget division
                  AJ would be pretty angry with that class, haha
                  http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I suspect Mr Bumstead might disagree

But is he really 6’1?

Comment

I vote to leave it alone. Too many changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X