Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What Are The Biggest Problems for Pro Bodybuilders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Biggest Problems for Pro Bodybuilders?

With all the discussion about the Role of the Athletes Rep it got me thinking what are the biggest problems pro bodybuilders are facing in today’s bodybuilding?

It is hard for fans to understand and appreciate what the REAL ISSUES are if they are not spoken about.

What is it that athletes want most from their Federation?

More shows or less shows?

Better support for the athletes staying healthy?

Establishing better pathways for athletes to make a living as a professional?

I'd like to know what do pro bodybuilders worry about most and what help they want from the federations?

What’s your thoughts on this?

Money
    http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

I would think the biggest need is increased media coverage/promotion ? With THAT, more $$ can be generated.
      The shows can't make big bucks without an increase in sponsors and that comes with higher visibility and more fans, etc

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Health. Health is the biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post
          Money
          THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
            I would think the biggest need is increased media coverage/promotion ? With THAT, more $$ can be generated.
            The shows can't make big bucks without an increase in sponsors and that comes with higher visibility and more fans, etc
            For one of the shows I looked at how much the promoter was charging sponsors and it was a LOT, but that same show has so many classes that its hard ti divvy up that money. Obviously, pro bbers should be paid the most but how do you break it down for the rest of the classes? Bikini and Wellness, IMO are the last on the totem pole but Fitness girls deserve more.
            SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

…..
              Last edited by MICHAEL ARVILLA; July 14, 2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I'm a CPA and teach college accounting so of course I am going to say MONEY. Especially the case for pros trying to focus solely on being an athlete.

If your average business professional did not have a 401k plan, like 80% of people would never have the money needed to retire. And those people don't have the cost demands of a pro bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, people in the fitness industry are so caught up in social media they all think they are entrepreneurs because they watch some influencer on YouTube. They think they are informed enough to make business decisions. This is not the case, very few succeed. Anyone fortunate enough to earn a surplus of income in this industry should be paying down their house and funding their Roth IRA.

Comment

How many amazing bodybuilders quit because they couldn’t justify spending all that money on a show and even if they took the overall wouldn’t even recoup their losses??!!!? …(how do you justify that to your wife and kids??!!) only MR Olympia makes money (and that is one person out of thousands!) the rest sacrifice and sacrifice for the pure love of it … until they see their families starting to suffer … then abruptly they quit! …. It’s unlike any other sport out there! …now guys find they can make more money focusing on not competing but online training / coaching but most just quit and get a “9-5 job” …Sad because there is plenty of money being made … but only by a select greedy few!

Comment

Originally posted by letsrun4it View Post
                    I'm a CPA and teach college accounting so of course I am going to say MONEY. Especially the case for pros trying to focus solely on being an athlete.

If your average business professional did not have a 401k plan, like 80% of people would never have the money needed to retire. And those people don't have the cost demands of a pro bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, people in the fitness industry are so caught up in social media they all think they are entrepreneurs because they watch some influencer on YouTube. They think they are informed enough to make business decisions. This is not the case, very few succeed. Anyone fortunate enough to earn a surplus of income in this industry should be paying down their house and funding their Roth IRA.
                    They dont have a plan for AFTER bbing! You cant do this forever.
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

The main problem is that there are too many pros and not enough money for all of them, whether they work as trainers, gurus, advertise sups and clothes, or are social media influencers. So, there are more opportunities to earn money regardless of the contests, supplements or magazines, but there are also more "athletes" wanting to eat part of that cake.

It is an elitist sport, you need genetics and a lot of money, there have always been money problems for the majority and that will not change.

Although there are more people than ever paying to compete in different classes, feds and promoters are greedy.

The prizes in the contests have increased, but could be distributed better and in some shows the money is a joke.
                      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Does anybody ever wonder how some pro's have the money to compete in lots of shows every year including travelling all over the world?

where they getting their money from

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          THIS.
                          It amazes me that ESPN will cover a damn poker game or a spelling bee, but not bodybuilding. This is bullshit.
                          Going to the gym does not make me look good; I make my gym look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                            What is it that athletes want most from their Federation?

I guess, not being treated like shit and having the judges, officials and promoters put on good shows.

They want to feel that they are being judged correctly and given enough time and space to be on stage. There are often too many classes and athletes and it looks like a rat race, even the awards is rushed, it looks very disgusting.

More shows or less shows?

At a pro level there are more shows than ever and many of them outside the US, I don't see that this could be a problem.

Better support for the athletes staying healthy?

This is a responsibility of the athletes, could they hire a kind of universal insurance? But they are not asking for drug testing, nor that the judging criteria be less about the condition.

Establishing better pathways for athletes to make a living as a professional?

I'd like to know what do pro bodybuilders worry about most and what help they want from the federations?
                            Yes, it would be great if the pros answered these questions, every week there are podcasts about the industry, contest results, athlete progress, but they never address these issues.
                            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                              Does anybody ever wonder how some pro's have the money to compete in lots of shows every year including travelling all over the world?

where they getting their money from
                              Yeah. I figure everyone is mooching off their significant other. Or maybe that's just me projecting

Comment

Working...
                              X