Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Joan Pradells, from Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan Pradells, from Spain

This guy started as a young powerlifter and breaking deadlift records in his gym, I don't know if he ever competed but he became the star of Social media doing strength challenges. There was some suggestion that is natty for a while, lol, but I guess that's behind me now.

In Spain many believe that he will be a super star, he even went to pose for Steve a few weeks ago.

I think Pablo Llopis is much better but he has received much less attention during the last 2 years.

Do you think he has potential?

10458502.jpg

10458511.jpg

10458524.jpg

10458553.jpg

10458591.jpg

10458574.jpg

10458623.jpg

10458612.jpg
    Attached Files
    http://betionastore.es/

Definitely has potential mate!

Everything looks good to me for the stage he’s at.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Shoulders, traps, quads, and chest are thick.

Arms are small, hams and back need a lot of improvement, he could definitely get the pro card, but he is not as spectacular as in off stage.

Comment

He has a lot going for him, he has a good look. He just has some gaps to fill in. He still looks young so has time to do it

Comment

Front double looks great, after that, it's downhill.

I don't see that "his chest is thick" -- reference the side chest and front lat spread -- his lower pecs are flat as a board in the front lat, and in the side chest, he has no chest. His chest is busily being eaten up by his monstrous oil-filled delts that are 3x bigger than they should be, given the rest of his anatomy and physiology.

Again, his look is good in the front double -- and the rear double has nice flow, other than the fake shoulders. Everything else -- I don't even know if we're looking at the same pictures, lol. Reference the most muscular pictures, where he looks like a lumpy Synthol experiment gone wrong (arms and delts). Quads are nice. Otherwise, he's a thrown-together jumble of weird. And if that's "hating", well, I'm assuming he did that to his delts on purpose, so tough titties.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
            Front double looks great, after that, it's downhill.

I don't see that "his chest is thick" -- reference the side chest and front lat spread -- his lower pecs are flat as a board in the front lat, and in the side chest, he has no chest. His chest is busily being eaten up by his monstrous oil-filled delts that are 3x bigger than they should be, given the rest of his anatomy and physiology.

Again, his look is good in the front double -- and the rear double has nice flow, other than the fake shoulders. Everything else -- I don't even know if we're looking at the same pictures, lol. Reference the most muscular pictures, where he looks like a lumpy Synthol experiment gone wrong (arms and delts). Quads are nice. Otherwise, he's a thrown-together jumble of weird. And if that's "hating", well, I'm assuming he did that to his delts on purpose, so tough titties.

-David

Fair comment...........shoulders are ridiculous as you say

Comment

Shitty shoulders are a common thing so it's not a big deal.

I don't think his chest is that weak.

I'm not here to defend the boy and I'm a long way from those who promise him a successful future, but to be fair, there are tons of pros with a similar poor level.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                Shitty shoulders are a common thing so it's not a big deal.

I don't think his chest is that weak.

I'm not here to defend the boy and I'm a long way from those who promise him a successful future, but to be fair, there are tons of pros with a similar poor level.

I just don't understand your mentality with the first line -- no attack, I just don't get it. It's no different than "guts are now fine", "synthol is now fine", blah. We have seen the "sport" degrade at a faster and faster rate since Coleman's retirement (arguably), while blaming it on "the money grabbing promoters" or "the proliferation of new divisions" -- when mostly, it's just because the pros look like dog poop nowadays, and everybody in the world knows it, except the insane fans that just "accept it for what it is". And even most of the media outlets are now starting to have a field day with all of this stuff -- "how acceptable and common is Synthol use" -- "everybody uses it a little bit, so it's not a big deal". Sort of like saying, "Well, all politicians are corrupt, so it's fine that this politician is corrupt". I guess. Or, you could just reject it and say it's not acceptable.

His chest -- is not that weak, you're right -- but it's also not that strong, and you said that it was "very thick". If he had the ability to actually move his shoulders through range of motion (if they weren't loaded with 20cc of oil), he might be able to actually develop that lower pec a bit better. But alas, chests no longer exist in the sport because soo much shoulder oil and so much gut immobility has essentially reversed growth in the area. Bodybuilding has turned into an ass and back-thickness contest. Again -- I don't get it.

Yes, there are a ton of pros with similar poor levels -- and again, that's a shame, rather than cause for celebrating a "slightly less shitty pro". I competed for a decent amount of time, and never once pulled any punches about my shit genetics -- my shit structure -- and my acceptance of as much. Why? Because I'm a fan of the SPORT -- and I knew better than to "try to put myself on that same playing field as the greats" -- hence "pro status" would have been "in name only", but worthless when it came to giving objective meaning to my accomplishment.

Just because the least-stinky turd is the least stinky, doesn't mean it's not a turd. I'm not saying "this dude should be torn down". But I ALSO don't understand "making a thread to talk him UP" -- when he so clearly, already, has trashed his physique in stupid ways.

My two cents. I'll be back in 4 months, lol.

-David

Comment

Just because the least-stinky turd is the least stinky, doesn't mean it's not a turd. I'm not saying "this dude should be torn down". But I ALSO don't understand "making a thread to talk him UP" -- when he so clearly, already, has trashed his physique in stupid ways.
                  You might be disappointed to find a thread on this guy, but believe me, this guy has thousands of fans, which is something I hate, social media champions. But even champions like Paco Bautista and other renowned athletes have spoken positively of him.

He finally decided to compete and I thought it would be interesting to analyze his real chances as athlete Vs his hypothetical chances before competing.

He was a better athlete as a powerlifter, but I think because of the fear of injury and the chances of gaining prestige and money, he decided to become a bodybuilder.

When I talked about his thick chest, I was referring more to his hard condition than having a massive size.

I didn't really look into his looks as closely as you have, I don't know if he has SEO on his shoulders, the guy suggested or claimed he was natty for a long time until it became too obvious (he still hasn't acknowledged gear uses).

At the end of the day, we've had thousands of discussions about people like Bostin or Rich, so I don't see the problem here.

Now, if you want to rant about the current state of the sport, then go ahead.

Comment

He has potential, obviously, but the fact that he is already pushing the site injections to the point of being not only obvious but actually ridiculous, is all I’d need to see. His triceps are woefully underdeveloped. Maybe he can stop pinning those delts and put a few CC’s of the oil into his outer tris.

It may also be in his best interest to d’on a pair of mens posing trunks instead of that abomination he’s wearing in the photos above. Homeboy looks like he forgot his and got a loaner from one of the female competitors.

For real though - The kid has POTENTIAL. A few more years holed up in a gym, free from all of the BS social media schmoes telling him that he’s the next coming of (insert legendary bodybuilder’s name here) and he might have a future as a competitive bodybuilder. As it stands however, I foresee him going absolutely apeshit with the chemicals to put on as much size as he can in a year or so, completely and permanently destroying his midsection, tearing at least one prominent muscle to the point of ruination, and ending his “career” in three to five years with little to show for it except dialysis and an addiction to prescription pain meds.

I do sincerely hope I am wrong and would love nothing more than to come back in a few years and see how wrong I got it. But if I were a betting man, I’d put my money on renal failure and some sort of crippling injury before he’s 30.

How old is he currently?

Comment

He is 26 years old.

He get some unofficial record in deadlift with more than 350 kilos, also was immersed in a dispute with other powerlifters and strongmans who wanted to be the first in Spain to lift 400 kilos (with straps).

The guy has brute force, that doesn't mean that he manages to stimulate and develop muscles in an artistic or harmonious way, but his body was not built with SEO, but with hard training.

Comment

You might be disappointed to find a thread on this guy, but believe me, this guy has thousands of fans, which is something I hate, social media champions. But even champions like Paco Bautista and other renowned athletes have spoken positively of him.

He finally decided to compete and I thought it would be interesting to analyze his real chances as athlete Vs his hypothetical chances before competing.

He was a better athlete as a powerlifter, but I think because of the fear of injury and the chances of gaining prestige and money, he decided to become a bodybuilder.

When I talked about his thick chest, I was referring more to his hard condition than having a massive size.

I didn't really look into his looks as closely as you have, I don't know if he has SEO on his shoulders, the guy suggested or claimed he was natty for a long time until it became too obvious (he still hasn't acknowledged gear uses).

At the end of the day, we've had thousands of discussions about people like Bostin or Rich, so I don't see the problem here.

Now, if you want to rant about the current state of the sport, then go ahead.

All understood, and all good points.

I'm not disappointed or "appointed" by his fan base -- just further proof of how deluded the masses have become. Not at all surprising.

Paco Bautista -- okay, so he is also an idiot. Fair enough. Doesn't really change my points at all. Spanish nationalism, rah rah, with no objectivity -- so I really don't give a shit. (I'm a fan of Paco, and his physique -- but that doesn't mean his opinion carries any weight with me when it comes to analyzing physiques. I have my own eyes, I don't need Paco's.)

His chest -- understood, you used the wrong terminology, in a technical format; yes, his chest is hard and striated; not thick or well developed.

Whether he has SEO in his shoulders or not -- doesn't matter -- he has disgusting disproportionate lumpy shoulders with no detail and no separation, and they clearly overpower the rest of his physique. Given that I personally have done a ton of site injections in my shoulders, AND used SEO -- and I have worked with hundreds of competitors who have also done a lot of site injections -- I think it's "pretty safe to say" that this guy has blown up his shoulders with some form of chemical injection. But end of the day, we judge based on look -- and his LOOK, sucks -- so, it's a moot point to debate.

Yes, we discussed Rich Piana and Bostin Lloyd -- but never as "serious competitors" -- we discussed them as jokes, and buffoons. So my "issue" isn't in discussing this guy -- it's in "discussing this guy as a competitor with potential". If you would have discussed Piana or Bostin in that same light, I would have laughed at the discussion in a similar manner -- because it's ludicrous.

We all know the state of the sport is horrendous, and has been for a long time -- I already podcasted about it from 2013 through 2016, and decided to just stop, because I sounded like an angry old man. I DO love bodybuilding -- but the "increasing acceptance of stupid", is increasing -- and seems to not be slowing. With the "general population", I think that's to be expected. With smarter analysts of the sport who retain some degree of objectivity (you, Beti) -- that's where I'm a little surprised, hence my response. But also, why I choose to mostly just not get involved in the conversation in the first place these days -- the degree of delusion required to still be favorable of the sport in general, with this kind of physique getting a pass as "one with potential", is so off the charts that I don't even really think a conversation is possible at this point. He looks like dog poo. And it's crazy to ME that we need to "break that down into why".

-David

Comment

Paco is not an idiot, but he is too PC, and now that he is more active on social networks, I suppose he is interested in associating with younger people. His video on Joan Pradells has more views than other videos where he talks about her workouts, diet or Olympia anecdotes. Of course, every nationalist is by definition an idiot in my book, lol.

I don't think this guy is as competitive as Angel Calderon or Pablo Llopis, unfortunately he is more famous and popular than both. But I don't think you can put him in the same boat as Piana and Bostin either.

I said he had potential as a lifter, not a bodybuilder, but with how easy it is to get a pro card these days, it doesn't seem like too far of a goal for him either. The final question was more of a bait to get discussion.

At the end of the day the thread is for you to return to the forum to post, that is more interesting than the competitive future of this guy.

Comment

Whether he has SEO in his shoulders or not -- doesn't matter -- he has disgusting disproportionate lumpy shoulders with no detail and no separation, and they clearly overpower the rest of his physique. Given that I personally have done a ton of site injections in my shoulders, AND used SEO -- and I have worked with hundreds of competitors who have also done a lot of site injections -- I think it's "pretty safe to say" that this guy has blown up his shoulders with some form of chemical injection. But end of the day, we judge based on look -- and his LOOK, sucks -- so, it's a moot point to debate.
                            It's hard to see the 3 separate, striated shoulder heads on most pros. Most of them look like this guy's, which in his case is even more aggravated because his biceps are short and his forearms are like a t-rex.

I'm not sure anything can be done to stop this problem... the judges will punish a little gyno (only if your name is Bonac) but they won't punish all these lumps and messes.

Look at Tony Burton, he's made insane progress on his shoulders in 2 years, judges reward him.

Comment

Paco is not an idiot, but he is too PC, and now that he is more active on social networks, I suppose he is interested in associating with younger people. His video on Joan Pradells has more views than other videos where he talks about her workouts, diet or Olympia anecdotes. Of course, every nationalist is by definition an idiot in my book, lol.

I don't think this guy is as competitive as Angel Calderon or Pablo Llopis, unfortunately he is more famous and popular than both. But I don't think you can put him in the same boat as Piana and Bostin either.

I said he had potential as a lifter, not a bodybuilder, but with how easy it is to get a pro card these days, it doesn't seem like too far of a goal for him either. The final question was more of a bait to get discussion.

At the end of the day the thread is for you to return to the forum to post, that is more interesting than the competitive future of this guy.
                              I don't follow Paco, so I don't know anything about what he promotes or doesn't promote -- but nothing that you said is surprising to me, he's playing the game that most in the industry play.

I'm not "putting this guy in the same category as Piana or Bostin" -- YOU are the one who made the original analogy, not me -- and I'm simply stating why I think the analogy breaks down, for the reasons I stated.

Potential as a lifter and not a bodybuilder -- fair enough, again, I don't follow this guy or know anything about him, other than seeing this thread with these pictures. And I sincerely wish him the best on that front.

Me returning to post -- I just sort of don't bother anymore because my views are SO different, it just leads to arguing and sermonizing -- which is more energy than it's worth. I'm too busy watching Nietzsche videos -- which, I'm sure, YOU will appreciate more than anyone else here, lol!

It's legit good to talk to you, Beti.

-David

Comment

Working...
                              X