Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Bodybuilding things you have wondered about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding things you have wondered about

I have a few things I've thought about over the years
    1. Did Haney retire so young because he left Weider and signed with Twinlab?

2. This is from the same era , how would Gary Strydom have done if he hadn't left for the WBF? Yes I'm aware his back left much to be desired

3. Why was Robbie never Mr O was it racism or was it because Robbie was bat shit crazy?

1 Haney retired because he saw yates
    2 from the front strydom was great from the back not so good he would have been top 5 at olympia
    3 robbie was never really ripped zane beat him on conditioning haney beat him on size and conditioning

Comment

DO the weight class winners at the usa and nationals have to be us citzens to get there pro card?

Comment

1. Haney signed with Twinlabs prior to his last Olympia win.
        3. Robby won the first Masters Olympia title in 94, beating Lou Ferrigno, who was making his return to competition and heavily promoted in the magazines.

Comment

Oh, and Robby also won the 1977 Olympia Over 200lb class

Comment

Brutal if true

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

2. This is from the same era , how would Gary Strydom have done if he hadn't left for the WBF? Yes I'm aware his back left much to be desired

3. Why was Robbie never Mr O was it racism or was it because Robbie was bat shit crazy?
              With number 2, I remember at a London Shawn Ray seminar a few weeks after the 1991 Olympia, I asked Shawn (I was 15!) where he felt Strydom (who’d won that first WBF show) would have placed in that Olympia.

Shawn replied “2nd, behind Haney” so he felt Strydom that year looking like when he won the WBF show would have beaten that year’s actual runner up Dorian Yates.
              MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

With number 2, I remember at a London Shawn Ray seminar a few weeks after the 1991 Olympia, I asked Shawn (I was 15!) where he felt Strydom (who’d won that first WBF show) would have placed in that Olympia.

Shawn replied “2nd, behind Haney” so he felt Strydom that year looking like when he won the WBF show would have beaten that year’s actual runner up Dorian Yates.
                Very interesting

As to Robbie there was that era in between Zane and Haney. 80 was what it was but Franco and Dickerson?

Comment

Did the judges conspire to screw Aaron Baker after the WBF?
                  How much shady shit did Wayne really do?
                  How much cash did Haney get to leave Weider for Twinlabs?
                  Did Labrada REALLY have 3 Met-** shakes a day for his 92 Olympia prep?
                  SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                  2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Very interesting

As to Robbie there was that era in between Zane and Haney. 80 was what it was but Franco and Dickerson?
                    Robby should have 1 along with Mentzer. Not sure how Zane won over those 2 guys.

81 should have an asterisk next to it bc that is the ONLY Mr. O I truly feel was rigged. Sorry. 1980 is questionable too.

Dickerson was 2nd in 80 and 81 so it was like.....we fucked Chris over twice give him the title.

****THESE STATEMENTS ARE THOSE OF MIKE COX AND BIGMIKECOX PRODUCTIONS AND ARE NOT THOSE OF MUSCLUAR DEVELOPMENT***
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

I think had he stayed, he could have had a few 2nd place finishes to Haney. The look he had at the Chicago Pro in 88 a few weeks before the O wasnt BAD. He was big, although not as shredded.

Now imagine if Mendenhall turned pro and Strydom had stayed???????????
                      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                        Did the judges conspire to screw Aaron Baker after the WBF?
                        For sure, it would be great to have Aaron in global muscle or ronline.
                        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Haney had nothing left to prove and Dorian was going to beat him eventually, Strydom did as good as he was going to, Robby was an idiot
                          WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Weren't Haney and Ferrigno supposed to do the 92 Arnold Classic?
                            SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Comment

Love Lee Haney as Mr O. Mass with class and timeless physique.

Things I wonder about? How 2 guys I thought were going to be true competition for the O someday quickly fizzled and faded....Renel Javier and Phil Hill

Comment

Working...
                              X