Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Who is the Most Classic?...Bumstead v Paris v DeMey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Most Classic?...Bumstead v Paris v DeMey

Just thought I'd throw this one out and to see what people thought. Particularly as Classic is moving to centre stage.

What is the criteria you would like to see for Classic?

Paris', DeMey and Bumstead, three tall men who all had a great look, who do you think best represents what Classic should be?

Paris' perfection but slightly softer look, DeMey's absolute quality frame, shapely muscle and detailed definition or Bumstead the modernist Classic bodybuilder with the wide frame, size and hardness.

Is Bumstead up there aethetically with two of the most perfect tall men of the 1980's, Paris and DeMey?

Bumstead is bigger and definitely more ripped than Paris but is that what Classic should be about? We know condition wins shows but should condition supersed great lines and tie-ins when considering the criteria for classic bodybuilding?

Put Paris, DeMey and Bumstead on stage together in your mind, who would Michelangelo chose as his model for his next great statue? And do you think that is what bodybuilding should be about?

What should be the leading criteria for Classic bodybuilding?.....is it Art or Science?

Has too much science hurt bodybuilding?

Has to be Paris!

…although I’m fairly certain that when the classic was introduced they literally modelled it on DeMey’s ‘88 Olympia look.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

PARIS!!!!!!!!!!
      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
      2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Paris
        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
          Has to be Paris!

…although I’m fairly certain that when the classic was introduced they literally modelled it on DeMey’s ‘88 Olympia look.
          His look at the 1991 Montreal show was probably his BEST ever!!!

Bro whenever I hear "In the Name of Love" by U2 come on I AUTOMATICALLY think of Demay!!!

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

So many names there! Even Dreher from old AAU days. Mike Ashley is one of the most underrated hble pros I ever encountered. He was always in shape and always cool back in the early 90's when I would bump into him at World's Scottsdale

Comment

Parris with lee labrada not that far benind

Comment

Is current Open bodybuilding a science experiment gone wrong?

Is Classic bringing some common sense and traditional bodybuilding values back into the sport?

Comment

DeMey 88
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Paris 84
                    *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Benfatto
                      Got 7th in the Olympia but should have been way higher (drug tested)

*Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Labrada - No idea how Lee Haney could ever out pose him...That's another story
                        *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Makkaway 83
                          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Samir
                            *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Finally Brian Buchanan
                              Guest posing in shape - His waist!
                              *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment