Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Samson starting his Olympia prep at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giles View Post

Vicky & Guy are great people!

This was around 2002/2003.

Remember my girlfriend (at that time) and myself went to Edinburgh on a weekend away at this beautiful 5 star hotel that overlooked the city. (I forget the name of it but it was 100’s of years old)

On the Saturday night we ventured into town and was stood in this bar having a drink, I was pretty chunky at the time, then this guy starts eyeballing me, walks over, keeps looking me up & down, takes off his jacket and starts puffing his chest out.

I think he wanted to show me that he was the bodybuilder in the place, not me. I appeared to not even notice him as I could feel him really wanting to start something.

Anyway, the two doorman see this and one starts wading through towards us. I said to my girlfriend “oh shit, here we go, he thinks there’s going to be trouble!”

Annnnyway, the doorman comes over to me and says “Giles?” Puts his hand out to shake mine and says “I’m Guy! Vicky McCann’s other half, how’s it going?”

Phew. The other guy disappeared into the back of the club and had a catch up with Guy.
    I left Edinburgh about 8/9 years earlier. My first job in a gym was doing the Saturday night shift. Guy and Vicky always trained around 7 on a Sat night as well as most of the other doormen in Edinburgh. Got to know them well at that ungodly time of the week to train. I have nothing bad to say about Guy and Vicky. Just good.

As for being a non natty watching a natty show. I went to support my gym business partner Roger Waters when he entered the British finals. I was pretty chunky at the time and had dball fullness : ) Was a different look to everyone else helping out backstage. Roger came second, but went on to win an over 40s world natty title.

A previous training partner of mine (Mike Divens) was the best natty I ever came across. He won the ANB overall British beating Nigel Davis in doing so.
    *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

I left Edinburgh about 8/9 years earlier. My first job in a gym was doing the Saturday night shift. Guy and Vicky always trained around 7 on a Sat night as well as most of the other doormen in Edinburgh. Got to know them well at that ungodly time of the week to train. I have nothing bad to say about Guy and Vicky. Just good.

As for being a non natty watching a natty show. I went to support my gym business partner Roger Waters when he entered the British finals. I was pretty chunky at the time and had dball fullness : ) Was a different look to everyone else helping out backstage. Roger came second, but went on to win an over 40s world natty title.

A previous training partner of mine (Mike Divens) was the best natty I ever came across. He won the ANB overall British beating Nigel Davis in doing so.

Nigel Davis was the first Brit to win WNBF pro World Championship in NYC with fellow Jon Harris in second I think.
      Vicky left WNBF after she felt she should placed lot higher than she was.Part of her loyal team left with her .
      There was another BB Nigel Davis Ronaldo’s bodyguard

Comment

Nigel Davis was awesome too.
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

Agreed on all fronts.

I still think it comes down to "most people just like to belong to a group, so they can feel safe and identify with the group -- and then, like to criticize the OPPOSING group, to give them a sense of superiority that isn't earned".

This is true of natties -- and it's true of non-natties as well.

For that reason, early in my lifting days, I tried to move away from that "split" -- and realized that I respected anybody who WORKED HARD, REGARDLESS of what they did or didn't put into their bodies. If they worked hard -- they were a "good person that I got along with"; if they turned to excuses like "being natty", or "having bad genetics", or whatever -- then it was somebody I would likely NOT get along with, simple as that.

I view that as the "basic divide" in our sport -- everybody likes to THINK that they "work hard" -- but if spend enough time training people, prepping people, coaching people -- and enough time in the gym -- you start to see, very clearly, that people have WILDLY different definitions of what constitutes "hard work" -- and the VAST MAJORITY, do not consistently "work hard", in any MEANINGFUL sense of the phrase.

-David
          Do you know Raquel Dolezal? She is a white female who identifies as black, lol.

It seems to be a characteristic common to the human species, the idea of ​​wanting to be recognized at any cost and the need to belong to a group.

As a natural, I have always felt comfortable among juice users and also among naturals who like to follow bodybuilding or who at least do not dedicate themselves to discrediting it and denouncing athletes as cheats.

As long as they like to train and diet as a lifestyle I can learn and share with them, they do not have to be pro bodybuilding fans, but at least, they must have some knowledge about the sport and not superficial opinions.

I don't like the smug, envious or swindlers, whether natural or juicy.
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Do you know Raquel Dolezal? She is a white female who identifies as black, lol.

It seems to be a characteristic common to the human species, the idea of ​​wanting to be recognized at any cost and the need to belong to a group.

As a natural, I have always felt comfortable among juice users and also among naturals who like to follow bodybuilding or who at least do not dedicate themselves to discrediting it and denouncing athletes as cheats.

As long as they like to train and diet as a lifestyle I can learn and share with them, they do not have to be pro bodybuilding fans, but at least, they must have some knowledge about the sport and not superficial opinions.

I don't like the smug, envious or swindlers, whether natural or juicy.

No, I've never heard of Raquel Dolezal. But what you're saying (about her "identification"), doesn't surprise me at all.

Yes, "being seen" is a pretty universal "need" or "desire" -- being understood, being heard, and to a large degree, belonging. As I'm sure you know, in ancient Greece, the worst thing that could happen to somebody was being ostracized (ala Socrates -- who chose to drink his hemlock, rather than leave). Back then, that made a lot of sense -- being out "in the wild", away from the "tribe" or "social group", likely meant certain death (whether from nature, OR from an opposing tribe). Nowadays, probably no death to be had if you leave the group. But leaving the group (or society, in general) DOES seem to "change your status as a human" -- you start losing the "human niceties", like how to speak in a certain way, facial expressions, etc. -- become the "oddball recluse". (I'm sort of growing in that direction naturally as I get older -- and wonder if I will end up last few decades as a near-feral creature, lol.)

I'm not surprised to hear that YOU, Beti, do well in any group -- comfort-wise. But then, you are a very independent thinker -- independent standards, not subject to "being liked and applauded" as most are. You look up to thinkers who also followed that line of reasoning (Nietzsche, the Buddah, etc.). As such, your self-esteem and self-opinion is probably less "fragile" than most people's. Most people's self-opinion is extraordinarily fragile, and based on little more than what the people immediately around them are telling them at that exact instant in time (as evidenced by the popularity of social media, which is basically nothing more but a self-validation machine).

-David

Comment

Hey George

Seen Samson’s latest video he just posted?

The back & traps are looking improved.

Calling it now, he will make first callout in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
                Hey George

Seen Samson’s latest video he just posted?

The back & traps are looking improved.

Calling it now, he will make first callout in Vegas.
                Aye - just standing relaxed from the back - definite improvement. He will look great being compared. I think he will place higher than Andrew at the Olymoia. You have to have side poses. Andrew doesn't. Legs can't only just look good from the front.
                *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

Aye - just standing relaxed from the back - definite improvement. He will look great being compared. I think he will place higher than Andrew at the Olymoia. You have to have side poses. Andrew doesn't. Legs can't only just look good from the front.
                  I think Samson will place ahead of Andrew this year too.

Jacked in another year or two though. Oohhh wheee. He could be a real contender for the Sandow. Let’s see how his progress keeps going.

I just hope Samson’s back shots are up to par for the Olympia though, as then his aesthetics & balance will be as close to perfect as you can get.

Add dry condition to that and he’s holding his own with all those top 5 Olympia guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X