Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The best guest poser you ever saw and what music did they pose to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best guest poser you ever saw and what music did they pose to

The days of the guest poser is over except for the pittsburgh show. The best guest poser i ever saw was mike matarazo he was the first bodybuilder to go into the crowd itwas nuts the place went crazy.

I would have to say Freddie Smalls. Freddie is from Delaware, and I lived in Baltimore from 2008-2017 (before he turned pro, and after) -- so Freddie was a staple at a lot of the local shows. His college degree was in dance, I believe -- and dude could MOVE. He jumped up from the floor of the auditorium, ONTO the stage, and did all kinds of crazy shit -- full splits, great stepping, etc. Sort of like Kai, but more dancey, less "exotic dancer". And it was entertaining as could be. He would often bring 2-3 of his kids up at the end of the routine and have them pose WITH him, which was always very heartfelt and fun to watch. Pretty much tore the house down, every time I saw him.

-David

Comment

Yates and it was something from an epic movie I think (Hercules ?)
      http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Branch always killed me -- he was doing the Kid Rock mashup routine as GUEST POSINGS, at least as far back as 2006 (Illinois State) -- and would then show up at the Olympia, five years later, doing the same exact thing. Needless to say, posing was not his strong suit, though I love his physique, lol.

-David

Comment

David are you in Illinois? I always found Jeff Johnson's mid Illinois to have great guest posers back in the day. Not the best routine or music but I remember Ronnie coming out in purple trunks, tactical boots and sunglasses at 300 lbs and was just from another planet.

Beat poser I ever saw live was Diana Dennis. Can't remember the music but I remember seeing her talking to Jackie Paisley after and saying she thought it was her best routine. As I walked past I just said "it was incredible" and she gave me a smile and a thumbs up. She was master class all the way

Comment

Shawn Ray in the late 80s, guest-posed to the Jacksons "Can You Feel It"
            Gary Strydom, also late 80s, "WAR"
            Lou Ferrigno, early 90s, theme from "ROCKY"
            Dorian Yates, a few weeks after he won the Olympia
            Ronnie Coleman, again..a few weeks after the Olympia, and he came out with the robe and crown

Have seen many others, but those are the most memorable routines

Comment

Bob Paris at the 89 ASC. Posed to 'Bang Bang" by Cher. Simply amazing.

Shawn Ray at the 94 O. He busted the Dream Girls routine

Chris Dickerson at the 94 Masters. Not sure the song but it was AMAZING watching him pose and his transitions

King Kamali 2001 ASC. Ronnie won, but Kamali stole the show! Ive never heard a crowd respond like they did for that routine
              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Best Guest Poser was by far Dillett at the 98 Ohio. Dude was about 290 and SHREDDED!!! If he could have made it to the O and looked like he did he was a lock for top 3. Now, he literally guest posed for 7 minutes and looked like he was going to pass out
                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Probably Samson last year doing his John Meadows tribute routine 8 weeks after he passed.
                  Connected totally with the music, the audience and the memory of the person that was his coach up till 8 weeks earlier. Samson includes words from John in the routine from one of his last interviews.

I actually took this video. I sent it to Samson and he posted it on Youtube. I posted it on Youtube as well. However, the Arnold people put a strike on my channel and forced me to take the video down, while the exact same video is elsewhere. Never mind.

*Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Umm, ‘guest’ posing…
                    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Oh well, got it wrong.
                      *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
                        Oh well, got it wrong.
                        Naughty step for you and Mikey. Go on!
                        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post
                            David are you in Illinois? I always found Jeff Johnson's mid Illinois to have great guest posers back in the day. Not the best routine or music but I remember Ronnie coming out in purple trunks, tactical boots and sunglasses at 300 lbs and was just from another planet.

Beat poser I ever saw live was Diana Dennis. Can't remember the music but I remember seeing her talking to Jackie Paisley after and saying she thought it was her best routine. As I walked past I just said "it was incredible" and she gave me a smile and a thumbs up. She was master class all the way

I am originally from the west suburbs of Chicago (Wheaton/Naperville area), lived there until I was 29 years old (excluding 3 years in college, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) and 1 year in New Haven, CT after college -- then back to IL for a few years. Left IL in 2008 for Baltimore, until 2017 -- Providence, Rhode Island since then.

My first show as the 2007 NPC Natural Grand Prix -- back then, it was just the 2 natty shows (Kevin Noble shows, out in Rockford), and Chuck Sanow's 2 un-natty shows (Illinois State in spring, and NPC Ironman in fall -- I did the Ironman in 2008). I don't think Jeff Johnson really started promoting until after I had left -- starting with the Continental, right? I know his shows were always praised (mostly by people who hated Sanow, lol), and from everything I heard, Johnson did a great job with his athletes, and promoting. Never heard an ill word about him.

I have pictures of myself pre-gear at the 2006 Illinois State, where Branch was guest posing -- he's billed at 5'6" and I'm 6'1" -- lol, dude looks 5 flat standing next to me, but thick as a shit-brickhouse.

-David
                            Attached Files
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Get the hell out of here! My last show was Kevin Nobles 2007 NPC Midwest natural Grand Prix on My 12th of that year! It was normally held in Jefferson High School in Rockford but was held that year in Belvidere. Once I stopped competing I used to judge for Kevin's and Jeffs shows also. Johnson had the mid Illinois in Ottawa for years but took over the Continental after Rob and Darlene got blackballed and had to give it up.

Small world. My dream was to go on to Team Universe but I think I had maxxed out at that point. Chuck was suggesting to do the Illinois State the following week but that was a different animal and I didn't believe I could win in an untested show.

Thanks for giving me a trip down memory lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X