Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The best guest poser you ever saw and what music did they pose to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

Recently saw a video of him talk about training with Dorian etc.He spoke about travelling long distances just to do so and that nobody believed they did 1 working set per exercise and 3-4 exercises. Problem is, that most people just had 'junk volume'.

If I remember correctly, he went to the USA and got sidetracked by party life and all tthat entailed. He never got the same look again.

btw those photos are from about 89/90
    Sorry, but I didn't understand that part. You mean people trained like Dorian but ate a lot of crap?

What I like the most is how has that flow in abd and thighs pose, he has a small abdomen and massive lats and legs.
    Last edited by Beti ona; September 1, 2022, 06:47 AM.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post

George, Beti- Billy lives close to me mate. What do you think of an in studio episode of Global Muscle with Billy?

Training partner of Dorian, Weider contract, lived in LA. Was THE name on everyone’s lips back in the day, would you think his story would be interesting to hear guys?

You decide. If it’s a ‘yes’, I’ll message him and get him in.
      Ohh, it would be interesting to know about this relationship with Dorian, and because we didn't know anything about him, it seems that he couldn't stand out on the scene in the USA.

So, yeah mate

Comment

Best guest poser - Diana Dennis in 98. She had a HUGE spiderweb on stage and she was dangling from it. Totally amazing!!!
        SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
        2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post
          Yates and it was something from an epic movie I think (Hercules ?)
          I agree he was incredible and did a really entertaining routine with smooth, solid poses.
          It was at the 1995 NPC nationals and he was around 295-300 in good condition.

Did this awesome routine to a phone pose selection 1-9 menu.
          * For a massive back lat click 5, he'd hit the pose back dbl bi,click 6 etc
          I think it was his 95 Olympia routine.

I saw big Ronnie guest pose at an ATL area show in Aug of 2003.
          I swear , he just walked out wearing denim cut off shorts and work boots with a little oil.
          I was judging the show, so I was seated up front . He was so massive, my mouth fell open when he walked on stage.

Ronnie's routine wasn't choreographed to say the least, BUT, it really suited his persona.
          He eventually went out to pose in the crowd, posed for pics on seats, etc.
          I watched thinking, he was a cool, laid back freak-a-zoid.
          The amount of muscle hanging off his frame was mind numbing , seen up close in his prime.
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

I saw Dorian guest pose in Sidmouth, Devon, February 1994, I was 17.

Dorian did the seminar in a hoodie & baggies onstage and I remember feeling disappointed that he didn’t appear bigger.

Then he came back onstage to pose and my jaw hit the floor. 290lbs, craziest thing ever I’d seen. It just blew my mind, he was a monster & the entire place went bananas.
            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Sorry, but I didn't understand that part. You mean people trained like Dorian but ate a lot of crap?

What I like the most is how has that flow in abd and thighs pose, he has a small abdomen and massive lats and legs.
              Junk volume is when someone says "I did 4 sets of bench press", when none of the sets were hard. Junk volume.
              *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                Best guest poser - Diana Dennis in 98. She had a HUGE spiderweb on stage and she was dangling from it. Totally amazing!!!
                This! She was the best I ever saw as well

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

Junk volume is when someone says "I did 4 sets of bench press", when none of the sets were hard. Junk volume.
                  Ahh, well, I think all volume tends to be crap as you increase in number of sets.

You can only go really hard for a small number of sets.

You can do 40 sets per muscle, and feel that you have worked hard, and for sure, you will end up very tired, but I do not consider that to be muscular work, but body work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post

Small world. My dream was to go on to Team Universe but I think I had maxxed out at that point. Chuck was suggesting to do the Illinois State the following week but that was a different animal and I didn't believe I could win in an untested show.

True story...
                    In the fall of 1993, I wrote an actual typed letter to Jim Manion c/o the NPC national office .
                    I outlined the need for an NPC "drug tested " national contest. I was careful to add I didn't want to
                    end NON-tested events and simply wanted a major event for drug free bodybuilders in the NPC.

That winter , I got a letter back from the NPC office, signed by Jim Manion .
                    Many others felt like me and a national level "drug tested" NPC contest was scheduled for 1994
                    The winners of each wt class would be selected to be the USA Team for the IFBB Worlds aka " Mr Universe".

It would be called the " Team Universe " and a nationwide series of NPC Ironman "natural" would be used to qualify for it.

Obviously, I was elated . I competed and took 1st at the 1994 Ironman Natural ( La) and got 2nd at the Arkansas one.
                    I believe the inaugural Team U., was held in NYC at the end of that summer.
                    Due mostly to the lack of travel funds, I decided not to compete that year .
                    I'm pretty sure Skip Lacour won and he'd have destroyed me , so WTF.

I ended up competing in ( mostly) UN-tested NPC contests in the 90's.
                    One of my few BB regrets, is not going to any Team U in my prime.
                    I wouldn't have won, but the experience would have been memorable
                    I did ok , BUT can relate to your statement about UN-tested contests being a different animal.

Thanks for posting your own unique experiences in this area as it brought back some fond memories for me.
                    Last edited by Howard; September 3, 2022, 03:29 PM.
                    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                    X