Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Deaths in Bodybuilding Newspaper Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

The Washington Post was one of the biggest promoters of the COVID lockdowns. Bezos basically owns Amazon and his networth increased by 20 billion dollars in 2020 - 2021. I
    Wow, literally monetising misery then.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

amazon sponsored the Olympia at one point

Comment

I'm toxic as fuck
        *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

I always thought Aceto was a sort of ok guy and one of the more sensible coaches but reading the WP article has made me see question myself and really think about what these “Guru's” do and the moral reality of it.

The section on Luke Sandoe, the diuretic protocol and stuff on gear does not reflect well on Aceto. The WP have the emails between Luke and Aceto, they spoke to Luke's family.

At the end of the day any coach who has bodybuilders who got seriously injured or died is not as squeaky clean or as moral as they try to present themselves. Is there any top coach who has not had clients who died or got sick? Maybe Hany or Farah?

Coaching and unqualified people advising on drug use is a dirty business, it always was but the 'cult of the coach' and the money they make from it has really being stinking for a while now.

There is nothing moral, decent or having integrity about giving advice for money that contributes to people dying at very young ages.

Some coaches are able to manipulate their public image better than others.

Bodybuilders at the extreme end of the activity are often not the best adjusted individuals and lack awareness and the ability to self protect, the last thing they need is some coach riding off the seat of his pants throwing out advice on dangerous drugs based on some kind of misguided self inflated intuition.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
            There is nothing moral, decent or having integrity about giving advice for money that contributes to people dying at very young ages.
            If health and longevity were the priority, no one would be involved in the NFL, MMA, alpine climbing, etc...

Morality goes down the toilet when sports or recreational activities become pro and money enters the picture.

Adults make decisions, let them make mistakes, it's not your business.
            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

If health and longevity were the priority, no one would be involved in the NFL, MMA, alpine climbing, etc...

Morality goes down the toilet when sports or recreational activities become pro and money enters the picture.

Adults make decisions, let them make mistakes, it's not your business.
              Gurus make money....people die.....

People get exploited......people need to be told the truth
              Vulnerable people should not be taken advantage of

Many adults have problems...there are better solutions if they got help and educated themselves

You are just a voyeur, would you watch a snuff movie

Comment

It is the system that governs the world, if you are so worried, dedicate yourself to social, environmental activism, expose the monetary system, etc ... I have done it for many time. But good luck trying to change a trend of thousands of years.

Tesla is exploiting children in Africa to extract cobalt, brutal slavery, but surely you are happy with your shit gadgets.

Shawn Ray has been warning against Gurus for years, nobody listens to it.

So, with the problems in the world, we are going to worry about first world adults with Internet access but lazy enough to do research and think for themselves?

If you are a competitive athlete, you need to push the limits with your body. You might die early but such is the nature of extreme behavior and performances. Perfectly fine since an educated person's decisions are their own.

And I repeat, the conversations have been modified, so stop believing everything you read.
                Last edited by Beti ona; January 8, 2023, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
                  This is may be more serious than we initially think. The Washington Post has a lot of reach
                  They lost 500 thousand subscribers last year. Just another rag. I think our country has bigger problems than consenting adults in bodybuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

Gurus make money....people die.....

People get exploited......people need to be told the truth
                    Vulnerable people should not be taken advantage of

Many adults have problems...there are better solutions if they got help and educated themselves

You are just a voyeur, would you watch a snuff movie
                    You recently talked about watching Messi in the soccer world cup final in Qatar, a country that built 8 stadiums in a shitty country where there is no soccer culture or fans... all those resources wasted on constructions that will now be empty and useless just to enlarge the ego of the sheikhs. During the construction of these stadiums thousands of slaves from nearby countries died. Not to mention human rights in that country.

So where are your moral standards when you support soccer?

The Pro League and the IFBB are Jesus when compared to soccer, FIFA and all the corruption out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                      And I repeat, the conversations have been modified, so stop believing everything you read.
                      Shelby about Jodie Engle episode:

It's amazing how much was left out and edited in this article, to portray a particular narrative.

The doses are way off - "50mg winstrol for 6 weeks" was actually 10mg for 6 weeks
                      She has stated that T3 was 150mcg daily, when it never went over 75mcg daily (still a higher dose, but certainly not 150)
                      She also overstated the diuretic use, and understated the fluid intake on show day.
                      She also spent a lot of her life grossly obese (330 pounds) - but apparently it was bodybuilding that caused all her health issues?

These are just a couple examples, coming from a client that told me

"I am a psycho and will ask for the work to be harder.. alot of times I've had coaches tell me to dial it back a bit. I just want to be undeniable and im a realist and I've never reached that level of lean and I know im capable work ethic wise.. i just need a coach as crazy as I am to get me there."

Here is the actual health related email (not cropped to portray a narrative):

"So I missed my check in last week because I ended up hospitalized. Was in the ER the majority of the week. Went in thinking it was my kidneys acting up again but I was short of breath and full of edema. When they got me in they figured out my kidneys and the initial rhabdo were caused because of my heart being under such strain and dehydration after the show. So now my kidneys are showing improvement but my heart and lung function isn't anywhere close to normal. I was transparent with the doctors about the PEDs I have used in the past and what I used leading into the show and the doctor told me the diuretics are what put the strain on my heart without question.. that apparently my heart never recovered from them.. I had no idea my heart was even something to worry about.. so I know I have paid for coaching and I obviously expect zero refunds and hate to have to stop coaching because I loved everything we created but according to my cardiologist and pulmonary dr I will never compete again with this now very prevalent heart condition.. So I just wanted to say thank you for everything you have done for me... and maybe one day after a potential open heart surgery to get my heart valves pumping properly again I could come back for more lifestyle type things... because my pro career is done before I ever got to start it.
                      I love you shelbs but I guess im just one of those people who couldn't handle all the diuretics.. I nor you knew.. I just know now I have medical bills that will trump any coaching payment I could ever pay.

I hope there are zero hard feelings... although I am heart broken because all I ever wanted was to be a top level pro... I have no choice now but to stay in doctor care until we get my heart back to whatever normal my new normal has to be."

Comment

[QUOTE=Griff11;n7006568]

The Washington Post was one of the biggest promoters of the COVID lockdowns. Bezos basically owns Amazon and his networth increased by 20 billion dollars in 2020 - The media is there to pitch a certain narrative. It's frightening that some people buy it.
                        Last edited by mayor of bodybuilding; January 8, 2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

This game is not for everyone, only select few people can years on peds, taking stimulants and diuretics... Dexter Jackson is a prime example of a guy in contest preps for 25 years but many are not that lucky.

Im always will promote natural or healthy BB, but its not the reality of pro or amateur top level bodybuilding.

This is what bodybuilding is, If it wasn't for people pushing their body limits we wouldn't even have this board.

Comment

This article was well written imo... and i hate the mainstream media, they're bottom feeders and parasites.

Truth is bodybuilding has a big health problem and the IFBB are doing nothing about it and do not care. Its now gotten so bad the MSM are being attracted to it.

Comment

No doubt all these type reporters are desperate for their next Harvey Weinstein level story that will completely transform their careers.

I can imagine how hungry they all are to stand out in the cutthroat industry they’re in.

So they keep dredging up whatever they can, throwing as much mud and hoping to God something/anything sticks.

Ugh.
                              MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Working...
                              X