Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How is Derek Lunsford so wholesome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Derek Lunsford so wholesome?

I don’t follow a ton of social media, but I happened to watch a handful of his training videos on his YT channel leading up to the Olympia, and the thought popped into my head a few times- “Man, Derek seems so wholesome”.

The thought came to me somewhat cynically- like, it almost seemed like an act, too good to be true. Especially faintly recalling his somewhat “shitty attitude” when he took 2nd in the 212s his second year running. I had also heard through a personal acquaintance, at the time, that he had a really shitty and entitled attitude that year (personal friend we shared at the time).

But post Olympia, I have now taken the time to watch his podcast on Fouad’s channel, and now the new one on Olympia TV- and, for real, Derek is the most wholesome person I have ever seen in my life.

I don’t know that any other words captures my feelings as accurately as that- wholesome. Like, just seems like a genuinely great guy- wise for his age- attitude is just great, and legitimately grateful- doesn’t seem to have anything negative to ever say about anyone- and really appreciating his moment in the sun, while still seemingly striking a really good overall life balance.

His answers are so consistently “perfect”, that the cynic in me almost wants to think that his answers are scripted, or fake. But watching him repeatedly in-depth, I don’t think they are. They seem in edible genuine. He seems incredibly genuine overall, and level headed. Takes him craft very seriously, without taking himself too seriously.

He really IS kinda like the “Disney Dream” in the bodybuilding world- like, the Weider Dream, I guess.

Im sort of floored- but I am a fan- not just of his physique, but of who he seems to be, and how he is conducting himself. Classy dude.

-David

i can say that when i was walking to the meet and greet i said a quick hello and he was very kind and his demeanor was very good . chatting with any fan that approached him , taking pics etc.

Comment

It is easy to be grateful when you get a free pass and second place in your debut, Lol

What I don't like about Derek is that he seems to want to monopolize discussions, maybe he is only too excited and is not aware of it. I clarify that I only saw a video of his and it was after Olympia talking with Bumstead and another athlete, and the video was for his channel, so it makes sense that he speaks more than the others, but it seemed excessive.

In general he feels something false, but apparently, everyone is interpreting characters according to what Krizo said about Blessing, Nick, Iain.

He does not bother me while he is not an idiot, he is projecting a positive and friendly spirit.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

He’s grown as a person a lot!

I get no fake vibes at all from him. He’s definitely loving life right now and it clearly shows.

I’m happy for him.
        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

At the O in 2020 during the Meet the Olympians he literally spoke to me and my wife for a god 10 minutes or so. We spoke to his mom and grandmother for a while at the Expo and they were good people too.

There are some good dudes in the sport. I also think it's harder to be a jerk bc of the constant cameras around you 24/7.
          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

BMC and I had Derek on very early on. My first impression was this has to be an act. The longer the interview went I began to sense this is the real Derek. Derek came on a few more times just a class act in the off camera interactions

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post
              BMC and I had Derek on very early on. My first impression was this has to be an act. The longer the interview went I began to sense this is the real Derek. Derek came on a few more times just a class act in the off camera interactions
              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

This is 100% what I'm saying, you nailed it. His answers are so perfectly upbeat and positive that it seems like an act -- but then when he starts really opening up and talking, it's not just sound bytes. He has the story and the thought process to back up what he is saying. And that's so rare to see in somebody who is not even 30 years old. Pretty interesting.

-David

Comment

He is grass fed too.

Comment

He talks a lot about God

I did get the feeling he was heavily influenced in his style by Jay and he speaks a little like Shawn Ray without the Shawn attitude

Comment

Just today I listened to him on Bro Chat. He touched on how he was shitty back then and had a bad attitude but has grown so much as a person. Said he really enjoys every minute and knows his time could be short.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                        At the O in 2020 during the Meet the Olympians he literally spoke to me and my wife for a god 10 minutes or so. We spoke to his mom and grandmother for a while at the Expo and they were good people too.

There are some good dudes in the sport. I also think it's harder to be a jerk bc of the constant cameras around you 24/7.
                        For me most pro bodybuilders have been cool and thats since 1992 when I attended the NOC. Derek has matured as a person and is an excellent representative for bodybuilding Shit if I looked like Derek I would be one happy mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                          He talks a lot about God

I did get the feeling he was heavily influenced in his style by Jay and he speaks a little like Shawn Ray without the Shawn attitude

Even the "talks a lot about God" thing -- usually annoys me (I'm an atheist -- I don't care if somebody else is religious, but the public brandishing of it always annoys me a bit) -- but even there, Derek's religiosity seems very authentic and he doesn't present it in a way that seems "holier than thou". Like, almost too good to be true -- "I give all glory to God" is so cliche, but Derek's way of handling it seems both authentic and classy. So wholesome.

-David

Comment

Derek was one of a few in the industry that sent me several WhatsApp voice notes/messages when I was in hospital back in May expressing concern & showing me support.

I respect and appreciate him hugely for that. Meant a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

Even the "talks a lot about God" thing -- usually annoys me (I'm an atheist -- I don't care if somebody else is religious, but the public brandishing of it always annoys me a bit) -- but even there, Derek's religiosity seems very authentic and he doesn't present it in a way that seems "holier than thou". Like, almost too good to be true -- "I give all glory to God" is so cliche, but Derek's way of handling it seems both authentic and classy. So wholesome.

-David
                              Also keep in mind that today a person has to be very secure in his or her faith to 'advertise it,' because it's become almost cool for people to bash all organized religions and anyone who believes in a higher power as being naive or stupid.
                              Muscular Development Online Editor
                              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Working...
                              X