Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Justin Shier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Shier

I must have been unaware of this dude until now. I just saw a few training videos with him in it and he looks like a thickly muscled monster in hiding. He trains with great form and good intensity and seems to be quietly confident.

I remember him from a few of Fouad's podcasts but I'm excited to see what this guy does, especially since I've been clueless he was out there

I mentioned him in mine & Ron’s new Power Hour show!

One to watch definitely…
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

His training technique is worth studying.

He and Carlos Thomas should debut this year.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Very cool and interesting lines for a modern pro. He looked phenomenal at Nationals last year, sharper than Carlos Thomas. But more interesting than that, VERY small and flat waistline, with very wide clavicles, and good legs AND calves. Lats are a smidge high from the front, which gives his waist an all-the-smaller look. If he can continue to grow WHILE maintaining that tiny waist, he could have more of a 90s look, instead of a "modern mass monster look". I'm interested to see what he reveals next time he steps on stage.

-David

Comment

And Zach Merkel?

Comment

Going to to some damage for because of everything already said. His training style and execution is a work of art.

This while missing 2/3 fingers on one hand.
            *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
              Going to to some damage for because of everything already said. His training style and execution is a work of art.

This while missing 2/3 fingers on one hand.
              This is exactly what I was impressed with. How form is locked in and he doesn't compromise it when fatiguing or when the weight goes up.

The finger thing is cool from my meathead mind. "That badass Justin Shier rocking weight and is missing 2-3 fingers!"

One other thing to add is he has a set of forearms on him. I always thought that made dudes appear powerful growing up - so added cool factor there for me

Comment

Justin has a crazy potential, I really like more than Carlos, although usually I usually feel attracted to most compact boys, but Justin must improve his rear, it is too flat.

Comment

wbu7ezer41581.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Wow. I'm pretty pumped to see what this kid does. Real Deal Holyfield

Comment

Had a nice conversation with Justin when I did the 2022 Cascadian Classic in Oregon. He won the heavyweight class like 3 years ago, a small (and kind of fat) heavyweight. So his rise has been super rapid. He's short and huge as shit. When you see where he came from just a couple years ago, you understand why he's taking a big break before competing as a pro. But he sure looks like he has the size to be competitive.

He was coaching a guy in the show with me and he was deeply invested in his athlete's success. That made me like him even more.

Comment

Thanks for the insight. It sounds like he has his head on straight, has a solid sponsor, and a solid plan for competing.

Does anyone know who he uses as a coach or does he handle it himself?

Comment

He has some seriously sarcastic humour when he's on Fouad's podcast.

Iain was talking about people not hitting their peak at the Olympia and Justin says...... "yeah that was you"

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post
                            Thanks for the insight. It sounds like he has his head on straight, has a solid sponsor, and a solid plan for competing.

Does anyone know who he uses as a coach or does he handle it himself?

He's a Jansen prodigy. And it showed at Nationals last year -- he had that super polished look that Jansen's guys usually do. He was sharper than Carlos Thomas Jr., and arguably shoulder have/could have taken the overall -- Carlos had more freak factor, Shier had more of a 90s look, which meant Shier ended up looking a little "undersized" next to Carlos, so they gave the latter the nod. (Honestly could have gone either way, good faceoff between them for the overall.)

I think Shier has massive potential because:

1) he has calves, already better than a lot of pros
                            2) he has forearms -- and the combo of calves and forearms means that, AS he continues to put on size, he will TRULY be "complete" (or has the potential to be, at least)
                            3) arms are pretty dang round and bubbly, for a white dude
                            4) his waistline is sooo tiny -- and his lats are maybe a smidge high from the front, or at least he has a longish midsection with really wide clavicles -- think Dennis Wofle's bone structure -- which means that, even as he DOES grow, his waistline is likely to never look blocky or thick (could still develop distension in time, but he will probably always have a really solid taper)
                            5) looking at quads, lats and pecs -- he can clearly afford to continue growing, and the muscle bellies are all "in the right spot" -- his quad sweep is solid and comes all the way up to the hip and his teardrops are solid and long -- his lats look fairly low, and thick, from the back -- his chest butts all the way up in the center, and striates from bottom to top

If he continues to slowly add size and density/thickness, he looks like he has all the potential to really go far. And he has already proven that he can bring inside-out conditioning to the stage. Had a very unique look at Nationals last year, waistline was half the size of most of the other competitors on stage.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by letsrun4it View Post
                              Had a nice conversation with Justin when I did the 2022 Cascadian Classic in Oregon. He won the heavyweight class like 3 years ago, a small (and kind of fat) heavyweight. So his rise has been super rapid. He's short and huge as shit. When you see where he came from just a couple years ago, you understand why he's taking a big break before competing as a pro. But he sure looks like he has the size to be competitive.

He was coaching a guy in the show with me and he was deeply invested in his athlete's success. That made me like him even more.
                              Very cool
                              *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Working...
                              X