Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Shawn going after Chad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn going after Chad

Awful timing for Chad as he is prepping both Big Ramy and Bonac for the Arnold in 6 weeks
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
      Awful timing for Chad as he is prepping both Big Ramy and Bonac for the Arnold in 6 weeks
      Shawn is a smart guy.

Comment

i thought he stop coachin' the pro guys. Man, i feel sorry for Ramy and Bonac. hope they nothing bad happens to them as they get ready for the As.
        MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Nothing new here then.

Regardless of opinion, I was surprised Chad didn’t go after Shawn legally after the Valuetainment interview.

Surely that was deformation of character given Shawn’s strong words about Chad’s coaching?

Maybe I’m missing something? I might be.
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Shawn felt that the sport he knew had been betrayed when the gurus began to lead the athletes, athletes stopped being autonomous beings and became soldiers following orders.

The questions that need to be asked:

Athletes wouldn't be that good with no gurus? Deaths and health problems would be more or less in the absence of gurus?
            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
              Nothing new here then.

Regardless of opinion, I was surprised Chad didn’t go after Shawn legally after the Valuetainment interview.

Surely that was deformation of character given Shawn’s strong words about Chad’s coaching?

I have the sneaking suspicion that any coach who has worked with an athlete the latter of which came down with serious health problems, and/or died -- when that coach is publicly known to advise on the use of pharmacological compounds that also happen to be illegal and scheduled in the States, and the coach himself has no medical training -- I'm pretty sure that coach would want to steer clear of anything involving a courtroom, including suing somebody for defamation of character.

Can you imagine being Chad or Shelby and trying to bring suit -- and then, having to go over how much potential revenue you lost out on from the statements being made by Shawn -- and then, Shawn countering with the history of the various athletes, and allowing the courts dig into things? Chad doesn't want that headache. No coach does.

We can argue the ethics or "moral rightness and wrongness" of it all day long -- but end of the day, every single prep coach is doing something technically illegal, by giving "advices" when it comes to steroid use, diuretic use, etc. As such, trying to stand on your own two feet in a court of law, would be an utter shit-show.

-David

Comment

Shawn does not have much to lose, perhaps some type of fine due to defamation, but then, everyone would be constantly denouncing each other.

Chad or any other Guru would face severe convictions, a long time in prison, and who knows, could sit a precedent with some twisted form of moving the laws and declare some of these deaths as first -degree murder. Luckily or not, there not seem to be prosecutors interested in this, there are larger ankle boots than to capture.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

I have the sneaking suspicion that any coach who has worked with an athlete the latter of which came down with serious health problems, and/or died -- when that coach is publicly known to advise on the use of pharmacological compounds that also happen to be illegal and scheduled in the States, and the coach himself has no medical training -- I'm pretty sure that coach would want to steer clear of anything involving a courtroom, including suing somebody for defamation of character.

Can you imagine being Chad or Shelby and trying to bring suit -- and then, having to go over how much potential revenue you lost out on from the statements being made by Shawn -- and then, Shawn countering with the history of the various athletes, and allowing the courts dig into things? Chad doesn't want that headache. No coach does.

We can argue the ethics or "moral rightness and wrongness" of it all day long -- but end of the day, every single prep coach is doing something technically illegal, by giving "advices" when it comes to steroid use, diuretic use, etc. As such, trying to stand on your own two feet in a court of law, would be an utter shit-show.

-David
                  Great point, Chad wants to avoid any type of legal eye. Reminds a bit of the classic show " The Wire " Omar robbed drug dealers because they couldn't go to the cops.

Comment

This is just a whole load of (canned) fresh air...
                    *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Was hearing on Friday that Alec Baldwin is being charged with ‘involuntary man slaughter’ for firing what he thought were blanks at others on a film set.

If THAT can go ahead legally then maybe in the future coaches might get in trouble for just about any advice they give on gear, diuretics or even diet!

That would certainly be problematic for some if it went down that path.
                      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
                        Nothing new here then.

Chad can’t risk ANY of his communications with athletes and/or other individuals in the periphery being found fusing the discovery phase if he wanted to file a civil suit against Shawn. The very first thing Shawn’s attorneys would do would be to subpoena emails and phone records etc… There would be so much there to incriminate Chad, the States Attorney would have to file criminal charges against Chad. He KNOWS Shawn is on target but the last thing Chad or any of these other guys want to do is risk facing criminal conspiracy and drug trafficking charges. Chad’s ONLY real option here is to keep his mouth shut and hope no one at the SA or DOJ with a desire to make a name
                        for themselves takes notice and starts to poke around.

Comment

Alec is a popular character and his case and possible conviction has public and political transcendence.

Those who want to make bodybuilding mainstream should think twice first.

But would be really funny, "hi I'm Chad, there's a guy on the internet who's blowing my balls up because he's accusing me of giving dangerous drug protocols to some bodybuilders."

Someone asks, "sir, what is your job and how do you help athletes?"

Chad: "I'm a prep guru, I prescribe diets, drug and diuretic protocols for the peak week before a show."

LMFAOO

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Great point, Chad wants to avoid any type of legal eye. Reminds a bit of the classic show " The Wire " Omar robbed drug dealers because they couldn't go to the cops.
                            When the initial "hype" or "allegations" (or whatever you want to call it) came out against Shelby several months ago -- not in the newspapers, just on social media -- everybody was buzzing, and Shelby put up a single post on IG basically saying, "A lot of people are saying a lot of things that aren't totally true". But then after that single post, he just stopped posting altogether for several weeks, while people chattered away and debated among themselves. Shelby went dark.

I sat back and just watched, thinking, "Is that really the strategy? -- just stop posting completely and go dark, and pretend like nothing is going on at all?" I wondered to myself how long Shelby would stay dark and not put up posts -- I wondered if it would become a permanent thing? After all, Shelby doesn't advertise at all -- he's a 1-man operation, his website itself is as sparse as could be, he operates 100% by referrals, and the posts he puts up on IG -- was he really just going to shut that down altogether, and "see where things went"?

It took about 3 weeks, if I recall correctly -- then one day, Shelby put up somebody's progress pictures -- and the thread had 100+ people commenting on how they trusted Shelby and loved him, etc.

The debate -- pretty much stopped and ground to a halt.

After Ramy and Bonac's less-than-stellar showings at the Olympia, Chad didn't comment, didn't post, didn't say anything. He, too, went dark.

It seems the "smart play" from prep coaches is to tighten up the lips when something goes wrong. And I'm not criticizing one way or the other -- I don't know what they "should" do, in that situation, and I can only imagine the personal stress they were going through in those situations, respectively.

But yeah, "going dark" seems to be the "smart play", at least in their minds. I don't see Chad bringing any defamation suits, lol.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post

When the initial "hype" or "allegations" (or whatever you want to call it) came out against Shelby several months ago -- not in the newspapers, just on social media -- everybody was buzzing, and Shelby put up a single post on IG basically saying, "A lot of people are saying a lot of things that aren't totally true". But then after that single post, he just stopped posting altogether for several weeks, while people chattered away and debated among themselves. Shelby went dark.

I sat back and just watched, thinking, "Is that really the strategy? -- just stop posting completely and go dark, and pretend like nothing is going on at all?" I wondered to myself how long Shelby would stay dark and not put up posts -- I wondered if it would become a permanent thing? After all, Shelby doesn't advertise at all -- he's a 1-man operation, his website itself is as sparse as could be, he operates 100% by referrals, and the posts he puts up on IG -- was he really just going to shut that down altogether, and "see where things went"?

It took about 3 weeks, if I recall correctly -- then one day, Shelby put up somebody's progress pictures -- and the thread had 100+ people commenting on how they trusted Shelby and loved him, etc.

The debate -- pretty much stopped and ground to a halt.

After Ramy and Bonac's less-than-stellar showings at the Olympia, Chad didn't comment, didn't post, didn't say anything. He, too, went dark.

It seems the "smart play" from prep coaches is to tighten up the lips when something goes wrong. And I'm not criticizing one way or the other -- I don't know what they "should" do, in that situation, and I can only imagine the personal stress they were going through in those situations, respectively.

But yeah, "going dark" seems to be the "smart play", at least in their minds. I don't see Chad bringing any defamation suits, lol.

-David
                              I think that's a good strategy. Regardless of legal entanglements what's to gain by add fuel to the fire by arguing with the peanut gallery? It just keeps the story fresh. We live in an insta world people have the memory span of goldfish. Lay low it will pass attention will be passed to the next scandal, the latest outrage. Chad doesn't respond after the Olympia I'm sure someone will look like a sneaker full of puppy shit at the Arnold. Then Faoud and his sewing circle will be squawking about someone else

Comment

Working...
                              X