Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Best Shoulder to Waist evers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I remember when Brian made a comeback in 1995 and won the Nabba Universe in the pro lineup, he was colossal!

    I was in Paris shortly after that show for the WPF Universe (covering it for a UK mag, I was 19) and Brian was there supporting an Australian pal of his in the light heavies called Colin Murphy.

    Brian was backstage with Colin and lying down on some mats with his hands clasped behind his head, at that point I had NEVER seen or even KNEW arms could be quite THAT big!!!

    …until Ronnie walked past me at the 1996 British Grand Prix wearing a Met-** t-shirt eating an apple, that is. Mind = blown.

    Brian was such a nice guy to talk to though, super friendly.

    As for the legs, I recall magazine editor and photographer Malcolm Whyatt telling me he shot Brian doing legs, told me Brian trained his legs HARD and very heavy. 600lb squats to the floor for a decent amount of reps as example.

    So whilst he was genetically blessed in some areas with that tiny waist, the legs (not through any lack of effort) were not.

    Still, twice top ten at the Olympia (8th in 1988 & 7th in 1989) I do wonder what he would have achieved if he had kept going with the IFBB, if you watch the ‘89 Rimini Olympia he was really the only one that looked close to Haney in terms of size & overall structure.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

    Comment


    • #17
      I go with Lee Haney. That waist was so thin compared to his shoulders.

      Comment


      • #18
        Anja Langer
        SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
        2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
          Anja Langer

          If we're going to go that route, I think Shanique Grant needs to be thrown into the ring.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bestia View Post
            Brian buchannon - sorry that is not today.
            Was thinking of him, right off the bat when I saw the thread title .
            I think it was the 1988 or 89 Olympia where Brian does this 2 hands over head pose with vacuum.
            Unreal V taper.

            Prime Sergio doing his overhead victory pose is pretty epic in terms of sheer V taper .
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
              Anja Langer
              She was so damn pretty and looked so sexy as she gracefully slinked from pose to pose,etc.
              Great V taper on her doing that hands on hips, bent arm modified most muscular.

              A few years ago, I saw a "where is she now story" on Anja.
              Still training and looks very fit, youthful and drop dead gorgeous
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by lifepulse View Post


                If we're going to go that route, I think Shanique Grant needs to be thrown into the ring.
                This.. most dramatic shoulder to waist drop ever

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bestia View Post

                  This.. most dramatic shoulder to waist drop ever
                  To the point of looking like an alien, lol. Sort of how Ramy looked that first year -- where you just scratched your head and wondered, "What the hell am I looking at?!?!"


                  -David

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by lifepulse View Post


                    If we're going to go that route, I think Shanique Grant needs to be thrown into the ring.
                    Agreed!!!
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Howard View Post

                      Was thinking of him, right off the bat when I saw the thread title .
                      I think it was the 1988 or 89 Olympia where Brian does this 2 hands over head pose with vacuum.
                      Unreal V taper.

                      Prime Sergio doing his overhead victory pose is pretty epic in terms of sheer V taper .
                      He did that pose at the 88 Pro Worlds in Columbus!!! I remember watching that show on NBC!
                      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                      2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

                        He did that pose at the 88 Pro Worlds in Columbus!!! I remember watching that show on NBC!
                        This will sound like supreme blasphemy but so be it, I think prime Lee Priest's victory pose more impressive than Olivia's. Hard to go against the old school original but it's just how I feel.

                        It is my favorite pose of all the possible poses and those are the two best at it

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Howard View Post

                          She was so damn pretty and looked so sexy as she gracefully slinked from pose to pose,etc.
                          Great V taper on her doing that hands on hips, bent arm modified most muscular.

                          A few years ago, I saw a "where is she now story" on Anja.
                          Still training and looks very fit, youthful and drop dead gorgeous
                          She accepted my FB friend request.
                          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Bestia View Post

                            This will sound like supreme blasphemy but so be it, I think prime Lee Priest's victory pose more impressive than Olivia's. Hard to go against the old school original but it's just how I feel.

                            It is my favorite pose of all the possible poses and those are the two best at it

                            In certain ways, I get it, and get what you're saying. The flow of Priest's forearms-to-arms-to-torso is hard to beat, and hard to match, in the entire history of the sport. Priest also was very detailed and hard (more so than Oliva, obviously) -- and his legs look so much denser and freakier. However, taken as a whole, from a distance, I can't see it this way. The "freakiness" of that pose was largely the forearms-to-arms, but it was also the sheer breadth of the wingspan relative to the waistline, and Priest just doesn't have that.


                            I remember a color shot of Priest hitting that pose, but taken closer up -- I don't think it even showed his calves, cropped at the knees I think -- and it was definitely an iconic shot that would be hard to beat.


                            -David

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by lifepulse View Post


                              In certain ways, I get it, and get what you're saying. The flow of Priest's forearms-to-arms-to-torso is hard to beat, and hard to match, in the entire history of the sport. Priest also was very detailed and hard (more so than Oliva, obviously) -- and his legs look so much denser and freakier. However, taken as a whole, from a distance, I can't see it this way. The "freakiness" of that pose was largely the forearms-to-arms, but it was also the sheer breadth of the wingspan relative to the waistline, and Priest just doesn't have that.


                              I remember a color shot of Priest hitting that pose, but taken closer up -- I don't think it even showed his calves, cropped at the knees I think -- and it was definitely an iconic shot that would be hard to beat.


                              -David
                              I saw Priest do the victory pose (live) at the 1994 Arnold in his early pro days.
                              Granted, he had deeper cuts and thicker muscularity than Sergio.

                              However, as you rightly pointed out, Sergio had a vastly superior V-taper .
                              With that jaw dropping V taper, Sergio's round muscle shape with sweeping flow, was amazing.

                              In my OPINION, Sergio was superior in that pose with more visual impact when he hit it.
                              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Sergio had the lines and the perfect structure to execute that pose. Priest had a lot of impact when he executed it, but he didn't look so perfect.

                                Akim, Will Harris, Coleman... they've all tried it, with doubtful success in my opinion.

                                Sergio Junior is pretty good and doesn't look weird or like shit.

                                I would say that it is the most unattainable pose in history, the proof is that very few athletes have attempted it, and fewer have seen themselves worthy of mastering it.

                                The clearest demonstration of respect or fear that they have to execute that pose can be seen in the classic, how many have chosen it as an option when they have to shoot their favorite classic pose? Nobody
                                Last edited by Beti ona; January 26, 2023, 12:26 PM.
                                http://betionastore.es/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X