Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Joe Weider's physique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post

And the good ones didn't use the "Weider Principles."
    No they used them, then Joe Weider came along, renamed everyones old ideas, claimed them as his own, then proclaimed his own brilliance. I dont want to get down on him, but i dont like some things going on in his name.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
      No they used them, then Joe Weider came along, renamed everyones old ideas, claimed them as his own, then proclaimed his own brilliance. I dont want to get down on him, but i dont like some things going on in his name.

Robert Kennedy preached pre-exhaust training for years and years, even before he started Musclemag, and then 5 years after Musclemag had been pushing the concept, Weider turned it into a "Weider Principle" and made it sound like he himself was the one who had been pushing it all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
        Does he have the fucking biggets nutsack in history?
        yeah it looks like he stuffs his trunks with small animals
        -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
        -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
        -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

Originally posted by Dr House View Post
          For the idiot comment, I appreciate your sense of humor.

So you are saying, without roids, Gh, or slins, you cannot make a body ?

Did you ever see natural shows, and natural bodybuilders?
          Are you fucking kidding me ? I am 17 and bigger than the guy in that pic.
          Shame on you.
          Kids!

Look young fella back in the old days of our sport there were no AAS etc as well the nutrition and even the training was VERY limited. So good for you that at 17 you are bigger than Joe was in the 1940s, but then you have all the nutritional and training science that due to guys like Joe and the rest have, through trial and error over the last 50+ years, been made available to you.

Try and show some respect for the old timers and what they have done so that you can accomplish what you have thus far in your VERY short life.

Comment

Before computers and PhotoShop programs, photos were still manipulated all the time. It just took more skill and creativity.
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by p.s. View Post
              Kids!

Look young fella back in the old days of our sport there were no AAS etc as well the nutrition and even the training was VERY limited. So good for you that at 17 you are bigger than Joe was in the 1940s, but then you have all the nutritional and training science that due to guys like Joe and the rest have, through trial and error over the last 50+ years, been made available to you.

Try and show some respect for the old timers and what they have done so that you can accomplish what you have thus far in your VERY short life.
              Well stated.
              Right-Wing Women Rock!

Comment

This wasn't really intended to be a Weider-bashing thread, just a discussion of the well-known fact that arguably the most famous (certainly one of the most famous) images of Weider is an intentional fraud that is still used in promotions and which is still under copyright (hence someone is making money off this lie).

Weider's physique wasn't even that good for his time. This is key. I admire the old-timers greatly (in fact, I'm MAINLY a fan of BBing pre-1980 and especially pre-1965!). But the photo in question is a propaganda tool that tries to rewrite Weider history and make it seem like he was one of the greats as a bodybuilder and not just as an industry mover and shaker. I don't blame Joe or Ben for this necessarily.
                Psychobilly legend.

Comment

weider was never a big bodybuilder, he is a business man taht's it. the famous weider principles are nothing but boolshit .since the olympians greek fighters were trained whith weights, and all the principles weider try to appropriate were used by his and even befor his generation (see the training of the 19th century strongmans), he simply puted some fancy names on them and added his name

Comment

For the idiot comment, I appreciate your sense of humor.

So you are saying, without roids, Gh, or slins, you cannot make a body ?

Did you ever see natural shows, and natural bodybuilders?
                    Are you fucking kidding me ? I am 17 and bigger than the guy in that pic.
                    Shame on you.

You must count yourself lucky to be living in a time with decent physical and nutritional knowledge. And food is pretty plentiful for you too.
                    Would have been hard if maybe you had lived in a time, Just a few years post the great war, through the Depression, WW2. At 17 you'd have been working full time for at least 2 years more likely 3 or 4.
                    Times are a teeny weeny bit easier these days.

Comment

Should have read all the other posts before my response above.

Comment

He wasn't that big, but he was pretty strong.

Comment

Now THESE are some bodybuilders. Thanks Lights out.

And btw. I said I have more muscle than the guy in that pic.
                          I am still after what I said. Even TA was better than that. + I am natural %100. Not using "any shit" whatsoever. But if you say protein powder is roids, than i cannot say anything.
                          I disagree, he is bigger than you and much leaner.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                            epic lulz

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh7688 View Post
                                epic lulz
                                Epic lullabies.

Comment

Working...
                                X